POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

This is not directed to you, but just an generic statement, with these listings.

I have a friend who Farfetch'd is his favourite pokemon, as well as Shuckle and Castform. For me, I love Parasect.

As much as we can discuss what we believe warrants certain pokemon to be removed due to personal opinions, so that ones we like more can make it in, is a selfish and I'm sorry, pointless discussion.

For even if one may look at dismay that a "ugly/stupid/useless/dumb" Pokemon design made it into the games, there will always be a handful of players who are overjoyed that design made it in, because to them, a Shuckle is their Scizor or Sunflora to them, is worth more than a Pseudos or Mythicals.

I do agree though that Gamefreak should at best keep Pokemon out of regions they do not fit in, such as Comfey and Exeggutor being tropical. We do have confirmation that Maractus is in the game, however there are canyon environments that fit its habitat. As well as English gardeners actually started to bring back Cacti to the UK as collector pieces for their gardens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

That is one thing I believe was stated is they are going to try and mainly focus on pokemon that would make sense to be in the region, so may e something like yangoose won't make it in.. or the form changing bird from alola.

• Like Like x 1
  3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:

You actually get my point , no matter what pokemon you cut someone is going to miss it being in game. the list i posted is personal to me and i posted it knowing full well someone somewhere would want each of those pokemon in and I am sure someone somewhere would cut one of my faves.

Maractus did feel out of place to me at first but then i considered the very angle to you mentioned and i gave it a pass.

To make my point succinct There is no good way to decide which pokemon to cut and which to allow and even going with ones that make sense for the region is likely not going to net enough to fill the roster unless there are a fair few more new pokemon than i suspect.

Also not everyone is going to agree on which Pokemon fit a UK based region.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd be interested In which Pokémon will be cut that are generally only used for top-tier competitive teams. Bye bye Smeargle?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    That'll be something to see. If they remove a bunch of the usual top choices, and add some new Galar species to the mix, it'll mean a massive shake up in the competitive scene. I'd love some freshness to it, since as fun as trolling Geninja/Salamence/Garchomp/Mega Kangaskhan etc users can be, it does get a bit repetitive sometimes.

I'm personally hoping they cull the number of mythical & legendaries, if something has to go. We've had all the past ones practically thrown at us over the last couple of generations, which took all the specialness out of finding and catching them....it's time to give them a rest.

Any new Galar legendaries should be kept to low numbers and should be largely hidden away in isolated locations or require a few conditions to encounter/catch. Make us work for things that are supposed to be legends again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh no, I need Paras in my game, he's my one and only false swipe/spore catchy boi.

7. Deathcatg

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sounds great. I'd hate for them to keep some obscure Pokémon *only* because so-and-so competitive superstar is known for using that 'Mon in their teams.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goldlock

News Credits:
    Imagine how fun it'd be to battle online and not have to see the same 20-30 'Mons pop up time and time again....

I've just been looking through some of my battle videos. Here's a couple of my low/mid strength Pokémon (I don't like using Ubers or any Megas) doing over teams of legendaries:

WUJW-WWWW-WWX9-48W9
    A36G-WWWW-WWX9-48XL (almost got a sweep with my original Heracross set here!)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

To be fair... It'll probably still be the same 20-30, just with whatever is available in Sw/Sh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deathcatg

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At least it will take some time for those new team combinations and moves to be figured out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

So what were the updates for LGP and LGE?

12. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

According to Serebii, it's just some bug fixes - Particularly a communication error that happens if your play time is 999.59, and a glitch that prevents you from accessing Mystery Gift after 10 attempts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Some real talk. Had to share.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I just loaded up that video before opening this thread. :D 

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Yeah, not gonna click on a vid that has memes in the thumbnail. I don’t suppose I could get the TL;DR version instead?

16. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Give it a watch, man. Lockstin's stuff is always quality, and this time is no different. Heck, I'd have no idea that the Unova legendary trio are based on more than Taoism thanks to him.

17. Goldlock

News Credits:
    True...but hopefully some of the new OP 'Mons from SwSh are current Uber-killers. That way it might take a while for everything to get boring and samey.

Yeah, Lockstin puts a helluva lot of effort and research into his videos. His "it all comes together" theory before the launch of SM was 4 hours long in total, full of in-depth research into alchemy etc and went so far off the deep end, it got nuts. The best thing is, some of his batshit theories from it actually came true in the end!

Update on competitive 3v3 trolling: I swept a team of Necrozma, Keldeo & Decidueye with only a Fearow yesterday. Wish I could've seen the other player's face.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    maybe you should just libra this thread, am i right?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

We love the franchise and are exceedingly disappointed in these recent decisions which we see as absolute dealbreakers. Hardly a reason to leave the thread

Also, I'd contend against that video in that it wasn't 'inevitable' that Pokemon had to chop Pokemon. Pokemon having and keeping its various monsters from generation to generation was a high point that people factored into which I'd argue as another reason people are upset. Its not Digimon where ways to get things change all the time, or Yokai Watch that cycles things in and out of attainability. Pokemon lost its status of being able to maintain that

And, well, I just don't think the game, as it looks, is worth the $30 increase on previous

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm honestly not sure if it's been mentioned here or if I even did so myself, but Pokémon Rumble Rush is out for IOS now, and I have been enjoying it. Doesn't seem any different than past Rumble games, and the monetization aspect is absolutely not required to play. I've yet to see any aspect of it that you need to spend money for to enjoy the game 'properly'.

On the flip side, apparently Pokémon Duels is shutting down. I tried it recently actually and didn't care for it, but kind of shows the problems we'll run into with Pokémon game apps going forward. At any point they can just stop it and unlike handheld games these games will just be 'gone' except for those who had it and don't delete it.

• Like Like x 1