POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I thought 2016 was the year of Legendaries? But then I guess that year was for event Legendaries, while this year is all Legendaries that are in the games. Still, great to have another chance to get some of these Pokemon. According the Serebii, they're all going to be serial code distributions...

2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    The only Legendary I care about in this entire event is Shiny Zygarde because the rest of the Legendaries I already have Shiny.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

All serial codes? We talking eb games? Definitely will be working hard to snag'em all.

4. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Thankfully I’m a member of a couple Pokémon Trading Posts on Facebook so I can get the 3 Shiny Zygarde I need.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    the only pone i need is Lugia, assuming i can't catch one my self

6. Sparky Prime

I'm looking forward to getting another Latias myself because I somehow always end up picking the version of the game with Latios. And it is nice they're giving us a shiny Zygarde, completing the trio of shiny Kalos Legendaries.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i'm going to focus on shiny zygarde. i literally have 3+ of every legendary right now. i never trade them, and i always catch them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scrapper6

Just put Crystal on my system, can't wait for the three days to finish up, even though I've been playing Gen II for well over a month with Gold, you can never get enough Pokémon. Besides, I've never experienced Crystal before, it's going to be awesome.

9. Scrapper6

Apologies for the double-post. Well, took a team of Level 60 Mons up against Red... somehow beat his skinny arse... Pokémon gold is officially 97% complete. Still need to track down and catch that dang Raikou, finish evolving at least 30 more in-game Pokémon. Get enough coins for Porygon and possibly another Eevee for an Espeon evolution and that's going to be a major pain considering the amount of happiness grinding I'll need to be doing, but that can always wait until some down time.

Tomorrow I work on Blue, hopefully beat the E4 then go catch Mewtwo and bam... Two VC titles finished just in time to start enjoying Crystal. The fight with Red was totally epic, whittled down Pikachu with Ariados, then swapped to Piloswine to finish the job, crushed Charizard with Feraligatr, dealt a decided blow against Venusaur with Piloswine after some shaky other fights. Decimated Espeon with Umbreon, set up Snorlax for a totally awesome take down using Return on Piloswine and then clobbered Blastoise with Ampharos. (Had to revive and heal Piloswine though, Venusaur took it out if I remember right and Ampharos had to thundershock the last of the HP in the red... but it was totally worth it. Return is super powerful.)

Pokémon Gold final team to victory:

Spitarette the Ariados: Gender Male, Move Set, Poison Sting, Fury Swipes, Leech Life, Flash.
    Icerillis the Piloswine: Gender Female, Move Set, Powder Snow, Blizzard, Mist and Return.
    Rubella the Feraligatr: Gender Female, Move Set Water Gun, Hydro Pump, Bite, Screech.
    Melodia the Umbreon: Gender Female, Move Set Bite, Faint Attack, Screech, Moonlight.
    Nepthu the Xatu: Gender Male, Move Set Peck, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Future Sight.
    Marriland the Ampharos: Gender Male, Move Set, Thunder, Thundershock, Cotton Spore and some other stat move... I think Thunder Wave, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Might also be Screech come to think of it... ah well, it's late, and I'm pleased with myself. Never fought Red in my physical copy of Silver before the battery died.

I dread what the fight is going to be like in SoulSilver when I finish that game off in the next month or so, it's definitely going to be harder.

10. Sparky Prime

I'm starting to wonder if the Pokebank will have an event this year...

• Like Like x 1
  11. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    did some GTS trades and i was surprised to get both a Lugia and a Zapdos originating from Johto, not sure if its from the VC games or Heart Gold/ Soul Silver.

I now will have a full set of pokemon once i level up a pokemon to evolve it and breed and evolve a couple for a full living set.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently realized just how fast you can now level up your Pokémon in Ultra Sun / Moon, and it’s great! Give your Pokémon the neccessary amount of (rainbow) beans, equip a lucky egg and use the Rotom experience power. Then go to Poni Wilds and get a Chansey encounter from one of the two bushes.

False swipe + adrenaline orb, and you’re ready for some serious S.O.S. battling! They even sporadically call on Blissey, and those apparently have a small chance of carrying lucky eggs now? Either way, it took most of my Pokémon from 85-90ish to 100 in half an our each.

I’m sure most of you already knew this, but I think it’s nice. :)  :) 

Oh, and the latest Global Mission ended in sucess!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Scrapper6

I guess 12 EST for Crystal means 12 noon, not 12 midnight as I erroneously believed. Come on 11 AM, I want to update and start Crystal.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Woohoo! Is anyone else getting Crystal this week?

15. marvel b

News Credits:
    i did. this will be weird for me, because the only playthrough of johto i ever did was in heartgold. never had the funds as a kid, and i've yet to play the vcg games yet, even though i own all three. how different are all three versions?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

Crystal is the only one I've played. So I have no idea. ^^'

• Like Like x 1
  17. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    well Crystal was the first pokemon game to offer a choice between male and female characters and it introduced the special bit with Suicune. In gold and silver they just all roamed like Entei and Raikou still do. They also added a battle tower of some sort, also a first.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sparky Prime

Really the biggest difference between Gold and Silver (besides version exclusive Pokemon) is when you can catch Ho-oh and Lugia. In Gold for example, you can catch Ho-Oh first at level 40, while you have to wait until after the Elite Four to catch Lugia who will be at level 70.

Crystal was the first game to introduce animated Pokemon sprites (albeit only when they first appear in battle) as well as the first game that allowed you choose to play as a female trainer and was the first game with the Battle Tower. Unlike in Gold/Silver where all 3 Legendary dogs would roam Johto, only two of them would, with Suicune being a set encounter once you've completed certain story requirements. And you have to have all three of them to be able to get Ho-Oh. The Ruins of Alph had a bigger story in Crystal, the Ice path was expanded, and trainers who would call had more personality. Crystal also had a Mobile Adapter feature, which was only available in Japan. With it, you could connect a mobile phone to the Gameboy for a few extra features. This is how the GS ball, and thus Cerebi, was originally released.

19. marvel b

News Credits:
    thank you, guys!

• Like Like x 1
  20. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    np marvel.

• Like Like x 1