POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    just collected all the pokemon 1 of each e.g bulbasaur ivysaur venusaur , a actual moveable pokedex to help the next gen

2. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    quick nuzlocke update before bed.

well after SOOO much procrastinating, i'm just before the summoning of lunala. i found two more teammates to back me up......

a female machoke named "sheeva". she left her clan of machoke when they started to sell themselves as mercenaries and wants to poverthrow the machamp who made it that way. she enjoys milky way candy bars and petting MAAOOOOW!

a female murkrow i named fem-qrow. she has been watching my group since before i even arrived and decided to show herself now. she likes to help Al Kaholy to get bottles and caps by drinking the contents.....she often comes home and sits on my head......

speaking of Al kaholy....my gawd he's a beast! he took a golem's explosion, a blizzard and another move point blank and still had over 70% health!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Get who ?

4. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    The Mega Stones, what else?!

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Oh just buy a 15$ action replay, its just a item, well thats what im gonna do

• Like Like x 1
  6. marvel b

News Credits:
    update from serebii! gonna test if wonder trade counts, will know in thirty minutes

edit: wonder trades do not count!

"Pokémon Sun & Moon - Global Missions

The third Pokémon Sun & Moon Global Mission has begun. This Global Mission's theme involves trading Pokémon through the Pokémon Global Trade Station. To beat this Global Mission, over 1,000,000 Pokémon need to be traded. Rewards are 2,000 FC (Success), 200 FC (Failure) - If the game is tied to a Global Link account: 4,000 FC (Success), 400 FC (Failure). This Mission runs until February 14th 2017 23:59 UTC. In a new twist, if you manage to make 5 or more trades on the GTS during the mission, you will receive a Rare Candy and if 2,000,000 Pokémon are traded, then all participants get a Friend Ball"

i'd rather not recommend that, since they've been banning people for doing such things...i'm just gonna live without them....

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I've also heard reports that some people who've used hacking tools have had the game lock up on them when they save in certain areas, like a Poke Center or the Battle Tree. I've never trusted any hacking tools for that reason.

I've never entered into the competitive scene before, but if that's how I'm going to get the missing Mega Stones, I'll be giving it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  8. marvel b

News Credits:
    my brother gave me a theory that ultra space is the equivalent of the old gods and k'thulu's universe....i can see that....

edit:

there is a youtube channel called pokeli that made 100k subs recently, and he posted a pretty neat remix of sun/moon versus red & blue....there is a series of comments that made me laugh so hard! copied and pasted the start!

"tzavier randle-jolliffe1 month ago
    I SEE YOU THERE, DISLIKE

EXPLAIN YOURSELF"

-it evolves into a glorious war of explosions, self-breeding downvotes and sacrificial chlldren! (not in an argument way, as in they are in an actual war!)

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Having completed the UB Quest on Moon, time to continue my recent shenanigans with Sun. A new team, a new future, and the same challenges to conquer once more!

Sun Team is;
    Incineroar (Darkest Lariat, Leech Life, Brick Break, Flame Charge)
    Ribombee (Pollen Puff, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Quiver Dance)
    Mudsdale (Earthquake, High Horsepower, Rock Slide, Heavy Slam)
    Tsareena (Giga Impact, High Jump Kick, Trop Kick, Sunny Day)
    Toxapex (Poison Jab, Scald, Bite, Baneful Bunker)
    Bewear (Hammer Arm, Rock Slide, Façade, Shadow Claw)

And we're on our way to complete the Poni Trials. Good stuff.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:

Is it just me or do they set these mission goals way too high. The previous two hey did ot even come close.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    The hakers that are geting banned broke the golden rule to many eve points i think the limit is 512 where ive heard some people are running at over a 1000, theres also a list of pokeballs that cant be used e.g salego in a safari ball, there is also those who used a illegal verson of sun and moon.

12. marvel b

News Credits:
    yeah i agree. if it included wonder trade, we would of blasted the goal though.....

the illegal games were being banned for a long time (not just sun/moon, but the entire 3ds online) and they are just gonna keep banning people. if you want to risk it, fine. i'm not however.....i'm even considering a few pokemon that i suspect are hack from previous generations.....

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Yeah if your that worried about hacks i wouldn't use wounder trade

14. marvel b

News Credits:
    good point....*turns on 3ds*

also, i hope my tone isn't coming off angry or anything....its just fear....sorry if it is

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Oh its fair enough, ive recived a flurry of hacked pokemon from wounder trade latly lol, i only have hacked where playing legit to get something wasn't possible or to time consuming lol

E.g i wanted a shiny lucario i wasn't going to spend 600 odd eggs in time wasting, my time is way to valuable for that carry on lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little late but really the Battle Tree hasn't been that hard for me. Garchomp/Tapu Koko/Kartana/Golisopod cleared normal and super doubles for me and that got me enough BP to get any Mega Stones I wanted, eh. Hell I got through normal singles with a Pyukumuku lead team.

17. marvel b

News Credits:
    IT.....IS....DONE! I AM THE CHAMPION! as promised, i'll leave final stories for all my pokemon throughout my journey!

cap.rokbeard, ofc.friendly, slimeslugsid, shuffles, and dr,tooth ultimately broke out and became the Z-team, helping out quirky small towns around the world from trouble. these news stories will be covered by beakly news and flyer's fee, with dramama the drampa as the mascot.

toothmire decided to get help from romanti, prehistor-ex, bijexweif, and crab hermit for relationship making and keeping, which after three years of training, he finally got a date with hot tail.......they had to adopt later on for obvious reasons.

after being in olivia's shop in konikoni city, a group of my pokemon ended up opening their own accessory shop to help with the family, with carmine, cavette and stonewallis supplying gems, metal chick's feathers for steel and iron,key master for key development, nectaria and lillie jr. to help with perfume needs, gene and coralina bae to find customers and mind wad to figure out great sales timing and metal shifting. they eventually made the world's most successful store ever, supplying potions with 80hp recovery for regular price, amazing megastone replicating process and the world's greatest perfume than no one dislikes.....they are often targeted by team sniff......

poly punchy and finish combo made it to the PWWE thanks to chompeterson's scouting and robin w.'s comedic skill, and they eventually became the world's greatest tag team champions!

with the help of B's amazing diet recipes, wingding, tong and cheezers currently own a small food restaurant on aether paradise, which proceeds go to helping even more pokemon around the world, as well as better evaluations for aether employees....

despite her wishes to do things on her own, i sent fem-qrow and thor pikason to have a continual watch over lillie and lusamine and send reports of what is happening. everything is going very well....i still feel the chill of elsa schnee the froslass protecting me though....

dunketa, bombshell, pteroswoop, tentacliche, and sandlevania went into the movie business and made many of the movies the world enjoys watching for many years to come, thanks to the never-boots optional clause slowsis passed to the laws of entertainment.

spooky deary watches the gravesites of shadow, mcgobbles, buuku, teech and tinker jr, in hopes that she'll see her fallen friends once again......not everyone gets a happy ending.....

myself...i'm at home training with al kaholy, sheeva, MAAOOW!, nebby moon, ren and nora for what will be an impossible challenge.......unboxing the moving supplies.....

edit: does anyone have a type:null i could get the dex entry from tomorrow? i'm gonna try and get a shiny charm in order to boost my odds of being recieved a shiny type: null from gladion....

18. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Might be able to help. I'll let you know when I get back from my meeting in the AM and stuff. Lucky I haven't maxed his happiness yet, I've been trying to evolve that sucker for the past few days.

• Like Like x 1
  19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Update

Went to the Vermillion GYm where one of the trainers insulted Queenie , she did not take it well. She ripped the entire gym a new one. explored past diglett's tunnel and after beating up a load of trainers an collecting snooze the laziest Drowzee ever we found a fat arse pokemon. I jabbed him in the gut and was promptly ignored so i turned around and headed back to town and went into the tunnel and caught Ladydigger. the fancy as you like Diglett. proceeded on through and got some old amber from a dude at the museum in pewter city then booked it for Cerulean then on the rock tunnel along the way i met u with Ohm Orb he volt orb who claims to be some sort of resistance leader. who he is resisting I dunno. fought through the tunnel and met up with Sgt. Rock the hard bitten Geodude . claims to be an old soldier.

Reached Lavender town and after a brief stay to rest up and get directions took my squad off toward Celadon . fought my way there accidently KOing the vulpix i tried to catch never gt her name. Sad. Riched the city and found a eevee in a pokeball in an attic no one objected so i took it , evolved her to a Vaporeon at her request and named her Tempest. Claims to be the child of some sea god or something. Resupplied then took a long break as I pondered the many shady characters in town. Something here is not Kosher here and its not the pickles.

Current squad is
    Flare the Charmeleon
    Warbeak the pidgeotto
    Queenie the Nidoqueen
    Tempest the Vaporeon*

*First time training one and she will need some grinding to get her up to snuff.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  20. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    So then I am gonna have to trade for the Mega Stones.