POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I finally evolved my Salandit and Dartrix into Sallazle and Decidueye.

also that Mimikyu in the trial challenge...holy hell that was hard.

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Crabrawler and Grubbin won't reach their final evolutions for a long while, and can start lagging behind. Their final evolutions are pretty strong though, albeit slow, so the wait may be worth it. If you don't wnna wait near the whole game to get Crabominable/Vikavolt, you could try out replacements like Stufful (route 8), Cutiefly (Route 2/Melemele Meadow), Wimpod (route 8, use Tauros to rush up to) or Dewpider (Burnet Hill in the daytime).

3. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok thanks.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have changed my username and Nickname on my 3DS to avoid confusion.

Fanimus
    5258-0652-1921

Feel free to add me for trading or battles. :) 

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

That was EPIC!!!

Put it simply, I just completed the main story and I'm going to be frank: that was probably the most epic Elite 4/Champion showdown I've ever had. Shout out to my team of Solgaleo, Decidueye, Kommo-o, Lycanroc (Midday), Mimikyu, and Alola Raichu. And that epilogue made me absolutely love this game... except for one little thing:

How many of you used your master ball against Tapu Koko? I tried to catch it normally but considering that this came after the Champion match without saving before, and then after nearly exhausting my supply of dusk balls and timer balls I was like "screw it" and threw my master ball.

Still a frikin' awesome game.

Oh by the way, I wonder if there's some place I can get help evolving my Feebas, Magmar, and Elektabuzz.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Just a note.. The whole "Mega Evolution driving pokemon insane/in pain was -actually- brought up in the Anime one time."

7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    so i found out there is a guy in the desert that wants to see solrock/lunatone.....since they are not catchable, could this guy give you the remaining mega stones?

also.....did anyone see the waterfall going up? i haven't noticed it, and the XY tourist said his region had one......

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The little thing that bugged me at the end was Lillie going to Kanto, because I know Nintendo don't do DLC or patching in additional content, so that means I'll need to wait until their next game to get any kind of closure on that story point. Plus I didn't get to kick Hau into the ocean for implying he had a crush on Lillie: she's mine you little bastard

• Like Like x 1
  9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I didn't use the Masterball I somehow managed to catch one with a Dusk ball.

Also I haven't finished the pokedex yet but I captured every gen 7 Pokemon and alola form.

10. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    I will once I get my new 3DS, Moon, and transfer all my data to it.

11. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Actually
    Post game you actually learn why she went to Kanto.. So you you do get a bit of closure

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I found the posion fire thing the hardest of them all espelly with venoshock and toxic being used on the same time, i found Mimikyu one of the easiest

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Let me rephrase that: I know why she went to Kanto - to heal her mother - but that's all we ever hear on the matter so I'll never know if my first instinct of maybe deep-sixing the miserable cow was accurate or not since they never really make a stand on how much of Lusamine's behaviour was her own and how much was caused by the toxins. Besides, I liked having Lillie around since she was a lot of fun and a genuinely sweet girl

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I accidentally knocked it out. Hate how the game throws you into that battle with no chance to save after defeating the Elite Four. But thankfully, Lillie says something about Tapu Koko wanting a rematch, so I was able to go back later to capture it. Needed to go back over there anyway for that Zygarde cell that I could see in the cut scene!

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Hard to say what I would have done, since Primarina killed it in one hit, but it comes back later so I'll get it whenever.

Oh yeah, I remember that, Mega Lucario kicking the living shit out of Pikachu. It certainly highlights the discipline and control you need to have over your supernatural monsters to keep them in check when things gets mega.

There's a few theories thrown around a bit by multiple characters. Information on Nihilego states it doesn't take control of you, per se, but simply enhances your deepest desires and tosses aside any self-control/sense of consequence, meaning that Lusamine could well have wished to have her way of a beautiful, loving world, but never acted on it. Of course, Gladion mentions her actions could have been in response to grief over her husband's disappearance and a wish to see him again, rendering her unstable and vulnerable and thus particularly susceptible to the toxins; her obsession with Ultra Space, therefore, could simply be the parasite twisting her wishes to suit its own purpose. Then we have Guzma who claims he was outright possessed and forced to feel things he didn't want to feel, which again hints that Nihilego was pushing Lusamine towards a desired path regardless. And lastly, when all's said and done, Lillie mentions that her mother needs to understand what she did wrong and needs someone to scold/correct her, which could imply her mental functions have been impeded or damaged by over two year's of Nihilego's influence, again pointing to the Ultra Beast as the one holding the strings.

All in all, for all the terrible things she did, Lusamine is portrayed as a very tragic figure, a broken and unfortunate woman who was twisted into something horrible by an alien monstrosity during her darkest hour, who's obsession with the beasts and their world may have simply stemmed from a painful wish to see her husband again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. marvel b

News Credits:
    i'm just glad that the aether foundation AND team skull are working to be better teams for the world. love that hau is training (what i believe) the first two members you encounter, and hala is helping guzma.

on another note......i'm upset i forgot to island scan EVEN AFTER GETTING THE POINTS! GAH!

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I still have my Master Ball. I used Dusk Balls on all the Legendaries. They're really quite amazing, those Dusk Balls.

Also:
    Does anyone have an image or list of all the Pokemon Lusamine had frozen? And what ever happens to them???

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Slowpoke, Starmie, Pyukumuku and Pikachu are definitely in there. It's not known if they're able to be unfrozen or if they're straight dead, but given the horror Lillie displays and the overall mood of it all, it's likely the latter.

19. marvel b

News Credits:
    i used my masterball on necrozma...didn't feel like dealing with his crap!
    i remember talking to an aether employee and her saying that they're trying to defrost the pokemon and release them back in the wild.

i'm not having any luck with finding special fish spots and weather battles for the few pokemon i need left....

i'm also planting the entire pokepelago island with leppa berries to prepare for shiny hunting! currently at 300

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

after looking for info for an hour, i have to accept that West Sea Shellos/Gastrodon are not available in Sun and Moon.

funny thing, in X and Y, (which i never started to fill up the pokédex in) it is said that East Sea Shellos/Gastrodon is not available.

am i right about this?