Plot overview of AOE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Can somebody who's seen the film lay down a full plot summmary of Transformers: Age of Extinction?

Or link me to one maybe?

Damn I be feinding for some spoilers.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm black and I'm used to using such words on the interent. sorry

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  2. DC7398

DC7398 Stunticon

News Credits:
    That thread title though...

3. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's avoid using racial slurs. Mods?

4. provocateur

provocateur Active Member

you should have put a ? in the title

5. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That language though...

6. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

News Credits:
    This

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The following is comprised of several review extracts and multiple sources - I have not seen the film personally.
    -Cracks knuckles-

The opening scene begins as a prehistoric, dinosaur-populated Earth is visited — and decimated — by a phalanx of alien warships.

The film picks up several years after the events of "Dark Of The Moon," and the US government appears to be hunting down all remaining Transformers. Ratchet is torn to pieces by a team of black ops soldiers led by Savoy and assisted by the mysterious Lockdown. That includes Optimus Prime, who was ambushed and almost killed. He's been trapped in truck mode, damaged almost beyond repair.

At a Texas movie theatre marked for demolition, A.I. hobbyist and widower Cade Yeager discovers a rusty old truck among a pile of film cans and brings it home, much to the chagrin of his 17-year-old daughter, Tessa, and his assistant, Lucas.

Cade Yeager, an amateur inventor who is facing financial ruin has a side business of refurbishing junk, and when he buys the truck, he has no idea what he actually is. It's only once he does some work on the core unit that seems to fuel the truck that he realizes what he's found. Both his daughter Tessa and his business partner Lucas advise him to turn this renegade robot in to the government, but Cade isn't so sure. By the time he's made his mind up, it's too late.

The vehicle reveals its identity as Optimus Prime, the strongest of the Autobots, Cade fixes up his injuries while Lucas runs off to report him for a reward. Attinger dispatches his henchmen, They descend on Cade's farm and are prepared to kill him to find out where he's put Optimus Prime. Optimus can't have that, of course, and when he fights back, it puts Cade and his daughter and Lucas and even his daughter's secret boyfriend Shane in harm's way.

Attinger dispatches his henchmen, forcing Yeager, Tessa and Optimus Prime to go on the run. Optimus Prime summons the surviving Autobots — Bumblebee, Ratchet, Hound, Drift, Crosshairs, and later, Brains.

The Autobots, with the help of their human allies, break into KSI Headquarters in Chicago, ground zero in the previous installment. Their Cade discovers that Leadfoot was also killed. This leads to a sequence in which two man-made Transformers, Stinger and Galvatron attack the Autobots. Galvatron ends up fighting Optimus as Lockdown arrives capturing Optimus along with Tessa. Lockdown's also reveals that there is a race of Creators who have decided to reign in the free will of Optimus and the other Transformers, making Lockdown a bounty hunter looking to collect a reward.

Attinger (with his tech-corporation KSI) is willing to help Lockdown murder every last Transformer due to the work being done by a brilliant and slimy inventor played by Stanley Tucci. He's been working with samples of the metal that was recovered from the bodies of the dead Transformers, including the ruined husk that used to be Megatron. He's convinced that he can now build brand-new Transformers, giant robots that he will be able to control. He needs more raw material, though, if he's ever going to really build an army, and Lockdown promises to give him something called "The Seed," which should terraform a huge expanse of any surface on Earth into pure Transformanium.

-----
    Unknown expanse of missing plot
    -----

Lockdown's personal zoo of aliens from across the galaxy is released allowing the Autobots to help Optimus escape. Optimus gains his sword and shield and also breaks out the Dinobots as the Autobots escape in part of Lockdown's ship. Optimus battles Grimlock for leadership of The Dinobots - resulting in the Autobots each gaining their own Dinosaur to ride.

-----
    Unknown expanse of missing plot
    -----

Optimus kills Lockdown via stabbing him in the back and slicing him in half. Optimus then leaves Earth putting the humans in the care of the Autobots.

----
    After credit scene
    ----

Scene with Wahlberg and his family

You see silhouettes of 2 beings on a ship, and you get to see their hands. They mention that the bounty hunter failed and that optimus has left the planet.

Might add to this later...

8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Wow Scorpio, that's probably the best synopsis on the Internet yet!

9. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not an excuse. We are all human beings here.

10. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He copied most of it.

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did explain it was points taken from places.

12. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Coooool. Cant wait to see the movie!

13. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is gonna be ccccrrraaazzzzyyyyyy! I can't wait! :D :D  :D 

14. Grim Muk

Grim Muk Sub-Tonal Thumper

Yeah, chill out Comfy, it's all good :cool: 

I cannot wait to see this. Love the Optimus vs Grimlock idea, very G1, I wonder if they are actually Autobots or maybe just Cybertronians who predate the war. Has anyone found word on whether or not the Dinobots have dialogue or are they simply mute wanton bringers of utter awesomeness?

15. Retro Ace

Retro Ace Well-Known Member

also to add from quote from this forum

"Galvatron becomes sentient, turns on his creators, and hacks into the vehicons making them obey him"

16. PrimeTime85

PrimeTime85 Well-Known Member

Yea great job..make us all look bad. :( 

17. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

News Credits:
    I know thank you!! I'm black too! That makes people think we all act like that :( 

No offense to him...but really it was kind of ignorant!

18. Grim Muk

Grim Muk Sub-Tonal Thumper

Oh you beauty!! I knew it. I really hope he's the new Big Bad after Lockdown. This film is going to be amazing :rock 

19. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    So the only Decepticon in this movie is really Galvatron?

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whoa, whoa guys. One person does not have to ruin it for everyone. Just because he used that word doesn't make him or anyone else such a person. Everyone is better than that word, whether they're black, white, green, purple, whatever.

For the record, I'm white, and I absolutely detest that word and all that comes with it. So, please know that people of all fleshtones are with you and do understand, even if you think we don't.

It was a shitty thing to do and he needs to remove it from the reason section of his post as well. Fuck man, that's wrong.