Plot Holes (Obviously Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transf0, Jun 21, 2017.

1. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I can not believe these things were unaddressed. I enjoyed the movie (when I was watching it) but this stuff just feels like the writers think we're stupid (they probably do.)
    • ZB-7: So 2007 was the first time Bee was on Earth (or so we thought.) But no, he is a WWII vet! Then why does he sing IDFWY when Barton says I recognize you? Why does Bee not metion this? Why does he not recognize Hot Rod? Why is the tank transformer (forgot his name) old af but Bee is upgraded?
    • The Allspark: This should've been retconned at the very least. But no, it's still canon, it's on the staff of Merlin or whatever that thing soaked in blood was. “That is how our race was born”-Optimus Prime, referring to the Allspark. But I guess Optimus was jk because Quintessa created the Transformers! (And Unicron?) This is simply totally contradictory.
    • The Creators: Opening of AOE, some weird cephalopod like things controlling the spaceship that destroyed the dinosaurs. What exactly is the relevance of these guys now?
    If I've forgotten plot points that explained these feel free to correct me, because I certainly might've.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think OP and the others thought they were created by the Allspark. Someone must have told them, and elder on Cybertron perhaps. Remember Optimus didn't really buy Lockdown's story at first.

• Like Like x 2
  3. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This makes sense. Hopefully they expand on it and not just leave it for the next 14 movies to be dispersed slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Okay just a few Major problems with this complaint.
    • It's never said that Bumblebee arrived in 2007, it isn't even implied. My friends and I always assumed he'd been on Earth longer because he was looking for the Allspark.
    • There's many possibilities for Bumblebee not remembering Burton (not Barton). Conman says that Burton has been waiting 72 years for this moment, so he may be around late 80s early 90s. Since he said he met Bee as a small boy, it's possible that Bumblebee doesn't recognise him at all. It's also possible that in the Bumblebee solo movie, Bumblebee will lose his memory explaining him forgetting Hot Rod.
    • Okay you're either nitpicking or not even trying with the Tankformer. For one thing Transformers do age and their lifecycles are much longer than humans. Just because tankformer is old now doesn't mean he was young during WW1. That also brings me to my second point. The Tank fought in WW1 not WW2 so even if you try to find some excuse with your idiotic aging theory then you must realise that they're from different eras.
    Anything else you need me to explain to you?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
  5. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Info-Creep.

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I hate when Bee gets his voice back and OP says he hasn't heard his voice since they were on cybertron. Like, ...the first movie, anyone? And when they showed in detail the secret history room...i honestly thought it was just for promotion but no it's actually in the damn movie and everything we saw that we questioned ended up on screen :banghead: 

Also don't get me started on reused scenes from ROTF. I got over the re use of starscreams jet mode shooting canopy but the re use of Megatron hitting the submarine after the two subs collide was painful to look at as I caught it instantly. That whole scene, by the way, is the definition of a cluster fuck.

Also, why the hell was Merlin's remains only half decayed? It's been hundreds of years and he looks like he just died. Like damnit all you needed was a classroom skeleton with some polish on it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    The movie really felt like it wanted to be three different movies that ended up smashed into one to me.

Just way too much stuff being thrown at us. Then Autobots appearing and then disappearing. Wheelie was around for just the junkyard scenes and then disappears. Grimlock and Slug were around for the junkyard fight and then..gone!? Drift disappeared from the final battle. Barricade was nowhere to be seen at the end. Why are Roadbuster and Topspin hanging out with Simmons instead of joining the other Autobots to fight the...I dunno...END OF THE WORLD!?

The Decepticons all got this amusing little Suicide Squad intro...and then half get killed pretty quickly.

What WAS Optimus doing during the final battle before showing up to fight after the troops were basically retreating?

Also, what is Earth gonna do with Cybertron basically now hovering right over it? I mean it's not moving away or anything.

Oy! Just so many plotholes and stuff. This movie I think had the most out of all the sequel films.

• Like Like x 8
  8. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    None of those scenes were from ROTF... they used an actual f-22 for the canopy scene. And they didn't reuse the Megatron scene it was completely new

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they just retconned bee speaking in the first movie which I do not particularly like but eh. Whatever. Glad the big yellow bastard finally talked

10. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    They're just generics created using their character models.

11. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    That was not his real voice so that's why Prime said it I think..

• Like Like x 1
  12. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, those were actually Roadbuster and Topspin. I'm pretty sure Bay just wanted to make Topspin's name Volleybot in order to hide the fact that Topspin had a speaking role

13. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess you could say that

14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Actually, his body has become dried out, he doesn't look like "he just died". If exposed to dry and cool temperatures a body won't decay as quickly as it would in say, a jungle. Considering he was in an alien ship at the bottom of the ocean, and that human corpses have been fount to be even more preserved despite a longer time gap, his body looked like how a corpse would look under those conditions.

• Like Like x 4
  15. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    A.) that makes no sense why would Bay hide that or even want to?
    B.) That wasn't topspins head
    C.) I never saw Roadbuster

16. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know it wasn't Topspin's head. But still, lots of people say it's Topspin, even with the head design change.

Also, Bay did change Wheelie's name to Wheels soaybe Bay did just wanted to have some surprises in the film (I actually do question why he would want to hide the name, I'm just trying to make sense of it).

Roadbuster was in the background

17. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

Imma hunt you down if Roadbuster isn't in this film :mad: 

18. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    The real plot holes are who the hell was the caterpillar excavator bot and what happened to drift off screen

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I guess they could have been aliens working for Quintessa to collect Transformium. But rather than explain anything, we were treated to 20 minutes of closeups of military guys firing at offscreen targets.

• Like Like x 6
  20. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everyone is forgetting that Drift was piloting the Knightship, he didn't die or disappear he was in the knight ship.

• Like Like x 3