Please no more G.I. Joe/Transformers crossovers:

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DeletedUser_106492, Jan 2, 2017.

1. DeletedUser_106492

DeletedUser_106492 Well-Known Member

Getting tired of these crossovers like dreamwave and devil`s due comics where the transformers are weak and get easily beaten by the joes,that snake eyes can kill any robot with his super sword,starting to sound like the bay films,thoughts anyone?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    If this is a petition you have my autograph.
    The only TF/Joe crossover that was not complete boring crap where those DD issues where they went back in time and into the future.
    Hasbro needs to give it a rest, Transformers has so far escaped the trappings of being reduced to its fanfav characters alltough Barbers comic is pushing it and it was a close call with how since the start of the Bayverse they tried to replace OP by Bee and tried to turn him into the one man con killer.
    But the way GI Joe has degenerated into the Scarlett show (ridiculous how they even made her commander) the franchise will never be able to bring forth anything resembling an interesting story.
    Joe is a dying franchise and it will never make for a meaningfull crossover with Transformers, so stop trying Hasbro.

Also there is a reason why modern armies rely on artillery instead of close combat.
    Anyone thinking it cool for a swordfighter beating a guy with a gun should ask the ghosts of the french knights who died at Azincourt why that is.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Haha oh my god are you implying that guys like Duke are more interesting...?

Duke could win awards for Exceptional Blandness in a Fictional Character and ditching him as a lead character was one of the best things IDW Joe ever did.

• Like Like x 7
  5. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

World building is fun.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Megastar

News Credits:
    They did try to make him more interesting in G.I. Joe: Special Missions with his whole, using stolen money to pay for his comatose wife medical bills.

• Like Like x 2
  7. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

Spotlight Duke: Thanks Obama!
    Coming spring 2017!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Every character can be made as interesting as the inspiration of the writer grants them to be.
    What i'm saying is (and i'll admit that the only Joe comics i have read - give or take a couple - were all Joe/TF crossovers but they have all followed the same trend so i'm pretty certain mainline Joe comics also follow that trend) that if Hasbro wants to tell stories about GI Joe they have to start having their writers develop these characters instead of trying to crowdplease by constantly focussing on a handfull of fanfavs.
    And in the crossover comics i've read that group of Joe fanfavs is very small indeed.
    You just cant build a healthy franchise and write engaging stories on Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Baroness and Cobra commander alone.
    Just as you cant build a healthy franchise and write engaging stories on Starscream, Megatron, Bumblebee and Optimus alone.

• Like Like x 3
  9. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Comics aren't full enough anymore. I'd rather have 2x more pages and storyline even if it meant 6 issues a year.

As I get older time goes so fast that it happens that I miss issues and then I lose interest in the series. I've started so many series and then just fizzled out.

My local comic shop is so hit n miss too that I get discouraged keeping up with a series.

I recenly had them holding all the different new IDW Revolution series for me and then they kept forgetting to hold them and then I just lost interest. But I liked where it was going with MASK and GIJOE, ROM and the Micronauts and of course Transformers.

I think the nail in the coffin for this IDW concept is that it's too many to keep track of and too sporadically released. I would have preferred plastic bagged sets of 4 comics once a month. All together and easy to collect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    As a mild GI Joe fan, and a huge TF fan, I'm not sure that I've ever liked any of the crossovers, not really even the Tom Scioli thing (and I love that guy). I just don't feel they're all that compatible.

I tell a lie; despite the shitty animation, I like "Only Human," to an extent. That's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DeletedUser_106492

very true and I did enjoy the marvel and g1 cartoon crossovers,but when you have devastator in the devils due comic get beat up by wheeljack and bumblebee plus a couple of joes forget it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kyPRIME

kyPRIME Banned

YouTube:
    100% agree, i'll go one step further and say please no more humans, colonies, galactic council and other nonsense, i want Transformers from Transformers comics, ok Hasbro? ok IDW? i know it's strange for you guys to hear that someone wants Transformers in Transformers comics but hey...

• Like Like x 3
  13. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Well, we're not exactly as bad off as we were during the days of the (former) ongoing in that regard, but I hear you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Megastar

News Credits:
    I never read the Devils Due crossover, so I don't know how Wheeljack, Bumblebee and, Joes beating Devastator went. And you shouldn't judge one crossover by one company by another crossover by another company, becusce normal size TFs have beaten Combiners in IDW.

So you have a problem with would building, than just read TAAO.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kyPRIME

kyPRIME Banned

YouTube:
    i have no problem with world building, that's what you meant to say right? if you could guide me to any IDW TF comic that has it then you're welcome to do it, as for TAAO, i'm reading it, it's the best on going TF comic you can find right now, and that's pretty sad

• Like Like x 1
  16. DeletedUser_106492

The deal is that the transformers that were once tough and strong have been reduced to mere weaklings in these new films and comics,marvel got it right in issue #4 of the original comic when megatron took on an entire human army and was still standing,even the joes couldn`t take on the g2 megatron,one good plus of RG1 was that megatron pretty much got rid of the joes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    But the Joes are hopelessly outmatched by the Transformers in IDW, though...?

Like, in Revolution #1, G.I. Joe throws everything they have against Optimus Prime's team and literally the only damage they manage to inflict is blowing Jazz's arm off, which takes a combination of a missile strike and a handheld rocket launcher.

• Like Like x 7
  18. DeletedUser_106492

I haven`t read the new one,saw the art and didn`t bother

• Like Like x 1
  19. Megastar

News Credits:
    Than you shouldn' have a problem with the colonies, galactic council, and yes even humans becusce that's opening the world up. If the books where just on Cybertron and dealing with nothing be the Tfs, than only the most hardcore TF fans would read it.

So you're judging the comic without actually reading it that's always nice.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I could very easily make the same case about Scarlet being the most "bland" member on the IDW Joe team right now. A friend of mine kept mixing up Marissa and Scarlet because of how similar they look and somewhat act (to be fair he's not as familiar with G.I. Joe but my point still stands.)

Personally I really don't have any issue with Transformers crossing over with other Hasbro properties, that said, I can understand why some people either just don't care, or are tired of it.

• Like Like x 1