Playstation 5 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Caminus Prime, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    I need to thank Sony for saving me $500 with this show.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

i haven't bought a system at launch since the PS2, but i'd like to know the price of this one. i know i won't rush into it. i'm still back logged on PS4 games

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Awe jeez, I take like half a day off from the internet and find out Sony did an entire PS5 reveal presentation. DOH!!!

All I've gathered so far is that the PS5 looks like it is a tower from Wakanda, Spider-Man 2 is a launch title, a new Horizon is on the horizon, and for some reason GTAV is getting ported. I love GTAV, but it doesn't need to be released on another generation when it's time to get GTAVI. PLus, GTAIV still hasn't had a remaster.

Frankly though, I already know I'm buying a PS5, so missing the presentation isn't a big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

I also noticed they went away with the multi-color for the PS logos (console and controller) and the buttons on the controller. The controller was shown awhile ago but thought that wasn't final.

Also no PS5 logo.

5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The PS5 design looks OK imo, especially the digital only version.

Regarding the games...eh...looks pretty good too, but not quite the titles/types of games I was hoping to see, except Hitman 3.

A lot of the games seemed hyper stylized and emphasizing that dimensional & looping gameplay element the SSD enables.

Personally, I was hoping to see a true successor to The Getaway, Silent Hill and a new stealth franchise which could replace MGS and Splinter Cell. For the latter 2 I have lost faith in both Konami and Ubisoft.

6. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

They'll probably release a "Classic Playstation" model for it eventually, having the colored logos, black coating and etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well it's not like launch titles are ever really the best games to come out unless it is a port of something.

I haven't even looked at the games yet, though I have no interest in Hitman 3 because it'll be online only like the first two, no thank you.

Frankly, I don't see the point in a discless version. That's just stupid and anyone that buys that one is foolish.

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I’m getting the disc version but I have a friend who does digital only. He streams his movies and he plans on downloading all of his games. I know that a lot of younger people that are considered Gen Z are digital only. When you grew up with iPhones and iPads I’m sure digital only is the norm to them. It’s a smart choice on Sony. I’m sure it will be $100 cheaper. It’s less parts to produce and it’s a way to see how popular a digital only future can be.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    But he doesn't get to own any of his video games then. He can't sell a game off if he buys something he doesn't like.

Man, they really are doing a number on Gen Z-ers to get them to think it is okay to buy digital only products, aren't they? They might as well just make them sign a contract at birth that states they will never question authority, they will never disagree with corporations, and they will never desire to own a single thing they pay for. In fact, we should just change the generation from this point forward to the Ownless Generation.

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Just asked my little brother who is 17 on what model he wants and he said the digital only model.

A lot of digital shops for video games have refund policies. But for people who like things like sports games ya you can’t sell off last years games. But when you factor that digital makes things more “Green” for the environment.

also gen z are fighting authorities. Looking at the equality rights movements going on. They care about rights. They just don’t care for shelves full of stuff.

Also my friend going digital only is 35.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It's been a long time since we've had a proper fugly-looking console. This fits the bill. On its vertical stand it looks like a skyscraper in Melbourne, Australia. In horizontal position, looks like a college campus in Dubai.

... But I know very well I'll end up buying it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    No.

I sold my Xbox One S, on which I had games like Hitman digitally.

So the point is, I'll still have that game as soon as I would log onto the series X.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    The sensible, rational discourse I've come to expect from Dr Kain.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

TIL that the most anti-corporate generation of young people in recent decades are corporate bootlickers because they don't care about owning videogames on plastic circles.

• Like Like x 2
  15. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ** bLaH-BLAAh-BlaHH-BLAAaAAH!.!!! **

Can't believe someone was able to build a PS5 already!?

(Props though to Sony for having 2 versions of the system. I'm old fashion and still like to own physical game/disk than digital.)

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yes, but you don't own those games. If Microsoft shut down their servers, you would lose the games. If Square wanted to, they could revoke your license on the game and tell you you have to buy it again if they wanted to.

With physical copies, they can't do any of that.

When it comes to digital, I will always be that way. I will become a pirate before I ever support a digital only format.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Do you realise how stupid this argument is when applied to MS? We know for a fact that they have the ability to do this from the XB1 launch.

18. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seriously.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I can't unsee this.
    EaQ0SgtXkAE7SjS.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

And you "Owning" the disc doesn't mean jack mother hugging pineapple on pizza shit.

How are you incapable of understanding that they can easily be whitelisted. And if you start pirating, then you'd be going digital -anyways-. Stop being a whiny little baby, or at least use some damned logic.