Playstation 3 Delayed???

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Shin-Gouki, Feb 20, 2006.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Honestly though, we have been spoiled a bit with the cost of video games. Look at when NES first came out. I believe it was $299, and games were $39.99 - $49.99. There really has not been an increase until this upcoming generation. That is pretty remarkable.

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Ha, very nice point. Living in Canada I remember when I got Jurassic Park for my SNES it cost $99.99 plus 7 percent sales tax. And I believe my SNES was $350 plus taxes when I got it.
    But, I don't think the PS3 will do nearly as well if it's price is over $400. It won't be dead in the water at all, but I can't picture anyone to spend over a $1000 Canadian on a system and up to $100 a game and that's without needed memory cards and extra controllers.

3. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

True prices have been fluctuating up and down over time, but the nice thing about the 8-bit, 16-bit days was that they included a game with the system.

4. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

You know it funny, at this point I've bought more consoles that didn't come with a game than ones that did. And yet I still kind of complain whenever I buy a console that doesn't come with a game.

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    Yeah but a lot of people can rationalise a cartridge bieng that much, it's physical, substantial has heft in your hands. CD's and DVD's on the other hand are $.30 forth of sand, and for the longest time people looked at the disc format as finally bring the price of games down.

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

...what about Nintendo and their really mediocre games? Aside from the classical lines, the last two generations of Nintendo has been pretty horrible.

Also, Nintendo used to strong arm the hell out of publishers and abuse their popularity. When people jumped ship to the PSX it wasn't just cause of the Disc/Cartridge issue.

Personally, I like three options, it helps ensure all of them trying their hardest.

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I don't mind the three as long as they are not doing the same thing. To me Sony and MS have too many of the same games. There are a ton of FPS, racing and fighting games on both systems and frankly I'm not a huge fan of any. Sony gets the nod for better RPGS, but I find myself playing the gamecube more than the others, same when I had my n64.

That's why I applaud Nintendo's bold move. To me Sony and MS are giving us the same thing they have always given us, only now you can see them sweat, and you can store more music. I'm playing a video game, I don't have time to look at the sweat marks as I'm making a fade away jumper.

I think there will be a clear winner this round. It will be interesting to witness.

8. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Ill be honest the ability of playing old games in rev is probvably made for people like me. granted Im gonna buy a PS2 the moment they drop the price.-I bougth my game cube in a store liquidation quite recently....... I been satisfied, and the ps2 the things that apeal are basically gundam games, and posibly the burnout series,

and I aint buying a ps3 . unless I have a job and it to have a decent price.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

$400 will be the top i'd pay for a game console....and if the PS3 does go higher than that, i guess i wont be getting one...and i'd pay $60 tops for a game, anything more is total BS.

the 360 is like $400 and that is way too much for a system i know i will not be using that much expect for 1st party games.

The REV, which i know for sure i'll be getting, is right now the only system i'm waiting for (cause i know the price will be right)