Playstation 3 Delayed???

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Shin-Gouki, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Ah just before my time so, explains why I didn't hear and I've just been given another reason to like ninty.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    LOL, yeah. Anyone remember ET? The first crash nearly killed off the brands in the mid-80's, Commodore, Atari, etc. Rampant use of crap for major tie-ins, quality control, programmer rights, etc. Software companies caused it, not the hardware people.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The ability to put out two displays makes me demand some 3D GLASSES! Dammit, I want virtual gameplay!

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    which is why EA is going to be the other cause of this one, but with the Hardware makers incharge of whet the games are going to cost and what games even are allowed to be made (FUCK YOU SONY! Some Of Us LOVE 2-D) and the skyrocketing price of Hardware the Video Game industry is in trouble.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

No matter when Sony launches PS3 I won't be getting it for at least a year for the bugs to be worked out. Some of the early game consoles have problems that'll need addressing. Also if they do have a price tag of $420 or more I'll wait til it's $400 or lower. It's also a good idea to wait for more games to come out first before spending any money on it. In the meantime I'll be enjoying my PS2 thank you very much.

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Im gonna try to get two it been a long time simce i got a console at launch(DC) I need to make up for that somehow Hopefull my tax return will help me do it.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Crap games were a symptom of the root cause, not the actual cause itself.

The Atari/Activision situation is what lead to it and i'm sure that the sheer volume of software that followed the court ruling would have had much the same effect on the end retailers if it was mostly good rather then mostly crap.

Even if none of that had ever happened, it still wouldent have stopped the major external factors like the faddish nature of the retail industry and the rise of low cost home computers. I doubt it would of stopped the ET and Pac-Man 2600 debacles from occuring either.

8. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Unless I get an ungodly high salary paying job within the next year I don't think I'll be touching the next sony box.

9. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

No kidding. By the end of 1983, the Commodore 64, TI-99/4A, and TRS-80 all cost far less than the Intellivision, Colecovision, or Atari 5200 had at launch.

10. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think Nintendo is going to reclaim the throne. The pissing contest between Sony and MS isn't helping them. The rev will be huge in Japan, and slowly grow here as more and more American gamers get fed up with high costs, delays, and rehashed gameplay.

Does anyone else wish Sega was still in the race?

11. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    more than you can imagine

12. Streck

[​IMG]

13. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

seconded, they made the best console in years (dreamcast) and in return they have to bow out of the consoles. It's not fair man!

14. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I still think Sega could make it if they rereleased the dreamcast at a $50 to $99 price point and games at $20 and under as a budget system. People should apreciate their greatness. *pines for the old Nintendo vs Sega days*

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Ps1 stuff was outselling some PS2 stuff well into the PS2's success.

16. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I think Nintendo is making too drastic of a change to claim the throne this generation. If it's successful, it'll put them in a spot to maybe challenge for it during the next generation race, but they're betting a lot on the Revolution and it needs to work for them to continue.

Personally, I don't think it'll get them very far.

17. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where have i been the last few days??? No way Sony are going to release a $900 or even $600 console.

They'll hold it back a bit... AND probably cut what's incluced to the bear minimum and make everything else a (mandatory) optional add on.

Yep. Sony beat them down with their massive advertisting budget.

18. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Not to mention their illegal strong arm policies involving the PS2 launch (IE You give us 2 times the shelf space as them or you will go to the bottom of the allotment list for hardware) that to this day are still have Sony, Nintendo and Sega in court on and off.

19. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

That too.

I'm starting to have this feeling that when the PS3 does (eventually) appear, Sony may try to force peoples hand by killing off the PS2 pretty quickly.

..and the price of Xbox 360 games may just be the tip of the iceberg. It wouldn't suprise me if they try to claw back costs by jacking up game prices. An average PS3 game could be $5.00 more than a 360 game, and the 'bigger' games annother $5.00 after that.

Retailers may take hit on the selling price... but ultimatey Sony would still get ther money, and it would push the price of something else up instead.

Nintendo stand to do well from Sony's heel dragging.

20. Streck

Yeah, no. Not against Microsoft. Their presence ensures that Nintendo will never, ever reclaim the throne.

If I'm proven wrong, I'll pay you $10. ;)