Playing with Children with Mics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by lildevilchick, Aug 30, 2012.

1. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    I know how you feel. I sat through a whole conquest game while listening to this 12 year old white boy trying to rap. I started an XBL party soon after, it helps with the fact that I don't have a mic to mute.

2. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Don't you get kids on mics in a load of online games though

3. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    You do, but it's mostly shooters like this, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and similar titles from what I've seen.

4. Breakdown96

After playing Call of duty for a while you get used to random kids talking crap over the mic

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually back out whenever I'm in a lobby with one. I can't take it. I'm allergic to stupidity.
    At least in COD you can mute them.

6. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My problem is not with children in the game or hearing them.

It's when you play and they are SUPER annoying and going dooo doooooo doood do and making noise for the sake of making noise, and then being annoying and following you around saying your gamertag and such over and over..

7. Breakdown96

Extremly rarely to find someone decent with a mic to talk to

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah.

Also I hate those people who try telling you what to do when you don't have a mic and you can barely understand them.

9. Breakdown96

I really don't like the people that play music while playing find that so annoying, but i remember annoying people on the mic with friends and only with friends, never did it on my own, unless it was someone that i didn't like

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I once was in a match with this beast of a Leader who got like twenty kills and one death from me. This little kid complained through the whole match, basically repeating "You suck! All you do is frag and run and frag and run!" Annoyed the fuck out of me and the Leader, who multiple times told the kid to shut the fuck up. The kid had lame comebacks to these repeated attempts to quiet him.

11. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just for clarification, but those people that complain about not being able to mute other players...are their voices coming through your TV speakers or through your headset?

If it is through the TV - can't you change a setting so the voice chat doesn't come through the TV? (I know Xbox can). If through your headset - why not just take the headset off? Or are you still trying to communicate with the other non-annoying players?

I have my set up so voice comes through my headset only (especially if my kids are around....they don't need to hear some of stuff that gets said online...and I'd prefer not to sometimes!). If I find that the other players are just cursing or speaking gibberish or not really using the mic for playing the game effectively I'll just take my headset off. No need to start a chat party by myself if I'm not going to be speaking with anyone. I'd rather not wear the headset if that is the case.

12. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

It's through the tv. I haven't bothered to hook my headset up yet. And on the PS3, there is no way to mute other players.

13. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That stinks. I would probably end up avoiding multiplayer a lot if I was on PS3.

14. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

It's So Annoying!
    this actually is the first time it has giving me any trouble, every other game I have played online has a Mute Option! on PS3
    usually all you do is click their name to mute, and your done but not on FOC for some reason

15. lildevilchick

Normally, MP isn't too bad, but every so often I end up in a party with an annoying kid who doesn't know how to shut up. :( 

16. Cosmic Forge

Cosmic Forge Waiting for next TF game

I've been thinking of switching to the 360 version for awhile now. The ps3 interface is so lacking compared to the 360. I was shocked when I encountered the same type of whiney high pitched rugrats and wannabe 50 cents on the ps3 tho. I thought it was the more mature system. Oh well. I'm hitting prime mode tonite, may retire and try the 360 out.

At least on the 360, when you block someone/avoid them you won't be matched with them again.

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I remember once some moron was talking to himself into the mic, and just randomly said my username because he thought it was funny or something. He just randomly went "Nomwaaaaaaaaave."

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Well I think you better go ahead and hook up that mic so you can turn it on, set it to mute, put is aside, and you will have peace and quite from the little bastards. :lol  I'm on PS3 and that's exactly what I do. You hear nothing but the normal game play.

19. lildevilchick

I didn't even realize that hooking the mic up would keep chat isolated to the headphones and keep the game sounds coming out of the tv. I plugged it in to tell two annoying children to take their conversation elsewhere (it was incredibly distracting), and then I realized I could mute them in the mic. It was sooo worth the three times I ended up dying while hooking it up. :lol 

20. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

No mute is why I dislike the PS3. I remember when I bought one a month ago, I started up Mass Effect 3 and jumped into multiplayer, only to be greeted with 2 people who were talking non-stop about spoilers for the game. I'm glad I had finished it on the 360 or the story would have been ruined. I also noticed that the chatters tend to suck and get killed alot since they're too busy concentrating on their conversations. With the PS3 I have no headset, so I just leave games with talkers now, and I figured FoC would be bad since it's free to play online.

With the Xbox360, just go to Privacy and then to the Voice Chat option, and select "Mute everyone not on your Friend List". Yes, you'll never hear children speaking again, you won't hear the adults either, but who cares. Most of them have a Kinect plugged in and the Kinect acts as a microphone (unless you turn it off), which is why you'll sometimes hear a horrible echo.