Playing with Children with Mics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by lildevilchick, Aug 30, 2012.

1. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Am I the only one who finds it extremely irritating when you connect to mp and are thrust into a game with what sounds like an 8-year-old with a mic? I have no problem playing with children usually, but my most recent experience left me wanting to shoot something. I was literally playing with this kid who rambled nonstop for an entire conquest game. I wanted to stab myself in my eardrums. It was so bad that I had to leave what was otherwise a very good group of players just so I wouldn't have to listen to him/her anymore.

On that note, is there a way to mute players on PS3 without actually muting your tv?

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    You can turn your mic on and then mute in and leave it sitting there, that's what I do. Sometimes.
    Most of the time I just rant to myself. I have a much worse experience with brats with mics. Sometimes it's this inhumanly high-pitched wail in the backround, of course with static, sometime's it's some dumb teens blabbing to each other, again with static, sometimes it's some little kids talking to each other, with static, and sometimes it's just static. And sometimes, like you said, it's weird rambling.

3. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, we're stuck with the little bastards. And the gangstas, whiners, and static blasters of all ages.

4. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    +1
    Except read above

5. Jazz2012

Jazz2012 Member

No you aren't, I do to and I know how you feel. I usually get the little kids that drop F-bombs every other word, because they think its cool. Had someone one time, don't know what he was doing or chewing on, but it sounded like my dog chewing on a rawhide bone. Did get a good laugh out one annoying kid one night, when hear his dad come into the room and say "Do you know what time it is, you're done!" and the kid relies "But I've been staying up this late since schools been out."....name disappears off the screen. I'm not sure if there is a way to mute them, hadn't checked yet, but I know the demo didn't.

6. opheadtaker

opheadtaker Gaseous sycophant

What REALLY annoys me is when people are playng music into a mic,its so annoying!

7. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

A couple of years of Call Of Duty get used to that pretty much every game

8. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

That's hilarious, even with the mute feature the 360 has built in to the console it takes too long to mute a whole group of idiots, so I just start a party with no on in it. haha

I don't know when it became cool to just ramble or screech when you know no one is paying attention, when I was younger and we had Xboxlive I would only talk when my friends were on, and only in a party. If you're not going to encourage teamwork and play well, put your mic away.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It takes forever to comment on the PS3 browser.
    But, yeah, that works.

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Oh, my God, tell me about it...

11. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    #1 reason why I never, ever play multiplayer. I cannot stand playing with idiots, little kids telling me to suck it and strangers.

If I'm gonna play online, it'll be with friends only.

12. lildevilchick

This. So much this. I don't understand why people have mics on if they're not using them. I'm beginning to think they really just do it to annoy everyone else. :( 

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't care for children already. So pretty much any time someone has a mic on in Fall, I mute them. I love my 360. I'm trying to not be so quick to the mute but I hate hearing the game from some kids headset, or their dog barking, or them talking...

It's times like this I wish more parents realized that M rated games are not intended for children. Maybe then there wouldn't be so many homophobic bigoted children with foul mouths... And yes, I know Fall of Cybertron isn't rated M.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just turn off the voice chat voulme on my 360.... The only time you don't hear kids is late at night because they have school.
    Plus at night the players are way more of a challenge then in the day and actually are worth talking to on microphone.

In the day, it's like free xp because most these kids suck big time.

15. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

thanks....

16. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

On the XBox 360 you don't have to mute each person individually. Here's what you can do.

1. Hit the big X in the controller to bring up the XBox Guide.
    2. Go to the far right Settings Tab and select Preferences
    3. On the Preferences page select the Voice option
    4a. Select Play Through Headset (sound should ONLY come through headset then, and not TV Speakers)
    4b. Optional - Turn the Voice Volume down to 0 from 10, and then even if they speak, or for some reason if it's still coming through your TV speakers, it will be completely silenced.

Would be nice if there was a simple 'mute' option, but alas the design gods at M$ haven't deigned to provide it. I can speak for turning the volume down from 10 to 0. It works 100% of the time, and it's FAR easier than trying to mute every 7 year old with a cursing problem.

17. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Really question whether there is a being good or being bad in this game. I have games where I go and get top place with a 50+ score and never die, and then other games, where I die 20 times and don't kill a thing. Much of that is thanks to the in balance team count the game allows where there will be 6 guys on one team and 3 guys on another.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    One of the things I like about Halo: Reach is that muting people was super easy to do. Back, pick the name, hit X. Muted forever.

Anyway, last Friday I muted some people in FoC the other day and it wasn't that involved. Pull up the player list, see profile, mute. Done.

19. lildevilchick

I wish the PS3 had a mute feature. -__-

20. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    times 2