Platinum Edition Trypticon G1 Reissue confirmed?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by C310 Ginrai, May 22, 2015.

1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

That's mine as well. He is not worth $200.00 if he lacks them.

2. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

As long he has the G1 deco and the electronics, Im down

3. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Already got mine a few years back, but great news for those still looking for one (especially a complete one).

Like many others, I still have my hopes up for a Titan Class Trypticon to compliment the lonely Metroplex in our collections. But if we're requesting G1 reissue: Overlord and Artfire please!!

4. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep I will be down for this.Curious if this will be available at retail.

5. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    this will be a clearance item just like Encore Fortress Maximus

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    As much as I like this Trypticon reissue I really can't see paying a whopping $200 for it,and besides after seeing what they did to Poor Blitzwing & Astrotrain with those horrendous color schemes I have a feeling that's exactly what's gonna happen to Trypticon by turning him into a circus clown,and that to me is a deal breaker.

UPDATE: How come BBTS hasn't put up preorders for him as well,I thought they got Platinum Edition figures too?.

7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    The $200 is just TFSource pricing, if he ends up at Toys R Us or another retailer he will probably be less. Just like the Insecticons and the Seekers, both are being sold for a lot more on TFSource than the suggested retail price.

8. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Bought without a doubt or one iota of hesitation

9. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

I really want to ditch my G1 (complete w/ decent labels and instructions) for the fresh encore release if all the features are still present.

I have a reprolabel upgrade set unapplied waiting for the encore to be released. But with this price, not even sure if I can break even selling my G1 to pick up the Encore... unless I wait for the discounted sales.

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    While we're all taking stabs in the dark as to what it will look like, why it's in Hasbro packaging, and how we can somehow get our hands on this for less than $80; I'm gonna guess TT thought about releasing
    this after Encore Fortress Maximus, but got cold feet because of their apparent ongoing fear of larger Decepticons.

That was the biggest font available for "if"

There's a big difference between a circa $60 reissue and one that's well over $100, never mind the prospect of a Trypticon reissue taking up extra shelf space.

I don't know what is going to happen, but would speculate there isn't a US retail release for this full stop.

We may have some clarification at Botcon (?)

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  11. Vkrylian

Vkrylian Well-Known Member

youch...200.00 is pretty steep for 30 years old engineering. as much as i want a trypticon i would rather just use that money towards a rex or the upcoming scorpinok from mt.

12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Meh, this usually means there's no intentions on doing a Titan class Trypticon any time soon.

Don't need a G1 version.

Wake up Hasbro!

13. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    While I wouldn't mind a G1 Trypticon (never had it as a kid, but wanted), I think I'd just wait for MakeToy's eventual releaseā€¦ only thing I'd miss is not having a Full-Tilt and Brunt included, plus the ability to lazily walk in a somewhat straight path.

14. Saurocon

Saurocon Uncle Samhain

I got the BWII Gigastorm version of the mold, and while I regret losing Brunt and some of the missing accessories, I've had a lot of fun with the toy. I use him as a sort of G2 Trypticon, like I use Brave Maximus as a G2 Fort Max. Anyway, the toy wouldn't be worth $200 with scuttled electronics, or even worth more than $70 max in my opinion. With electronics $100 sounds more palatable.

I'm more excited by the prospect that this adds credence to the Dinobot reissue set. If that even just has Sludge and Swoop in the awful G2 colors for under $125 I will still camp out for it :} But I'm hoping for all 5 in G1 glory or, barring that, AoE homage colors.

15. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have a Trypticon without any of his accessories. So I'd love to have a new and complete one. But not for $200. $100, maybe, and even then I feel it's a bit high.

16. DarkLiger

DarkLiger Well-Known Member

I would love at add any Trypticon my collection. If the price is right, I'm buying it.

17. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Definitely glad to add this guy in minty condition to my collection.
    200 was my personal wallet limit on him anyway, so this hits the right spot for me.

18. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I'm glad he's getting reissued. This should bring down the cost of parts to those who get a vintage one to restore. Thankfully mine only needed The battery cover yrs ago when I got him. I think I paid $15ish about 10 yrs ago. Fortunately mine came with Full Tilt's gun because I remember seeing it consistently for stupid prices - like $40+.

19. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Reprolabels' Trypticon Upgrade set looks so cool (with building windows, spacebridge labels, street lanes, metallic flooring, etc.), it would even improve a fresh new one. If the whole deal weren't so expensive, I'd get it all. No new CW or CHUG version can ever replace the unique features of old G1. Die-cast parts, chrome wheels & accessories, rubber tires, transparent windows, mechanical walking/rolling, + lights & sounds, are G1 features considered too costly nowadays- but I sure do miss them... :( 

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Nah, a vintage one still beats a reissue. You'll have the pleasure of knowing yours is the genuine article.

Me, however, I have never picked up a vintage Trypticon, so I'll probably bite at this.