Platinum Edition Trypticon – Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Mopwr

Mopwr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just searching for Trypticon and, doing that, he doesn't show up on the first page at all - there is metroplex, omega supreme, a bunch of other listings, but not the official Trypticon listing. If I search "trypticon platinum" then he shows up, but he's the last listing. Without this post, I wouldn't have found it to be honest.

2. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    I am so damn glad I got that Amazon.ca order in. :D  *Hugs it*

3. Silen Prime

Silen Prime The Hunter

News Credits:
    Ah, yeah ok I see. Yeah I typed in Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon to get the three.

4. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same, granted I'm in the states and shipped it to my friend, but I actually paid 10 USD less then what they have it for currently.

5. Mopwr

Mopwr Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful they'll cut the price as one of their sweeping Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, but yeah, the one I ordered from overseas arrived in perfect condition and also less than the current price (when tax is added in).

6. Grendelspyce

Grendelspyce Well-Known Member

What is the deal with that price?!?! I was prepared to pay $100, but almost double that? Nah, gonna have to pass and hope for a black friday deal.

7. davidwhangchoi

davidwhangchoi Well-Known Member

damn that is pretty high compared to what amazon.ca offered

8. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

I have my complete G1 sitting right next to me... I was going to get this and sell that since I was going to reprolabel it up. But now it won't be much of a delta in price after ebay fees.

Unless one of you guys wants its. It's in very good shape and totally complete with working electronics

9. 00raiser956

00raiser956 Galaxy Convoy

Ebay:
    Just ordered mine :)  can't wait to get it never had Trypticon as a kid. Now I need to make room to put him lol.

10. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
    he already sold out at 200$

Platinum Edition - Trypticon - G1 Reissue

12. Mopwr

Mopwr Well-Known Member

There may be a Black Friday deal, but that's yet to be determined. I will say as others have noted, it's gone out of stock at several retailers already (several times) for the $200-225 range.

Keep in mind this is a little more than your average re-issue in that it has all of the motion electronics, etc. The Predaking re-issue was around $100 at release and didn't have the complexity of Trypticon. I expected a price of around $130-140, but $160 is still reasonable.

13. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    That is FAR from reasonable. Encore Skylynx new cost me $54. Encore Omega Supreme, also new... $85. And both of these guys have their electronics intact.

Anything over $110 is batshit insane.

14. Doc bot

Doc bot Well-Known Member

At least if you order now, you can get a free Amazon.com Christmas teddy bear :rolleyes2 

15. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Well that didn't last long. I just hope they were bought by actual customers and not those "Fulfilled By Amazon" jerkoffs.

16. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    All that wait for a rotten price. It was cheaper to import reissue Metroplex from TakaraTomy. I think even Generations Metroplex was cheaper!

More extortion here. I'm glad this mold is available, but this is a $40 toy. Even accounting for a lower run, this price is outrageous. If you thought Toys R Us was the problem when reissue cars were $35, KMart and Amazon have shown you that there is only one constant behind ridiculous prices, and it isn't the retailer.

17. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I think Target bailed on Trypticon. I got mine from The Chosen Prime back in August I believe and I love him. I understand the frustration with amazon.com.

18. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
    I fail to see why people are complaining about the price now, we have known for half a year that it would be in this range based on the fact that every single other retailer had it for 200$ and up. Even amazon.ca had it for 180$. Why would anyone think he would magically cost less than 100$ when amazon.com had it?
    People said they would hold off because the main distributor in the states would have it cheaper than online collectable retailers and he is, he is 40$ cheaper. Thats better than what a deluxe costs on amazon compared to what it would cost on bbts.

So whats with the big surprise?

Get your facts straight, Hasbro announced the day after the presentation that they made a mistake and that it was with amazon. As far as we know it was always an amazon exclusive, and never switched hands.

19. 00raiser956

00raiser956 Galaxy Convoy

Ebay:
    Ya the price is reasonable to me and it will probably just go up in price later better to pay the 163.22 price they have right now then spending like 300-400 later. I am still seeing it as in stock too from Amazon

20. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

I think the "out of stock at $200" was in reference to Trypticon selling out at TFSource at the $200 price point. I was confused as well and checked (since I am one of those hoping he will drop in price. :)  )