Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by AllSpark Ferret, Jun 16, 2016.

1. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    Received the Platinum Edition of Cyclonus, Scourge & Sweep.

They all have random bits of transparent plastic but if it's meant to represent their creation as reformatted Decepticons, it doesn't work.

Cyclonus is pretty much the last version we got plus transparent parts and a right fist remoulded to have a peg hole. The mold hasn't degraded and it comes with a clear version of Generation Kup's rifle.

Scourge has a much different colour scheme with a purplish blue,mtransparent purple and a greyish blue. Again the transparent parts are random and ruin what could have been a good re-release. His head doesn't pull up as with previous versions of the mold. I'm not certain if that's because it's been altered or is just too stiff. I've pulled hard and can't get it to pull up and as the parts the head connects to are clear plastic, I'm frightened of breaking it.

Sweep has the same neck problem but has a new head. He has some different paint colours to Scourge and the purplish blue plastic is replaced by a dark blue. No sign of mold degradation except possibly the problem with the neck, which may be a tolerance issue from using clear plastic.

Attached Files:

2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Man that still looks good beyond the QC on Scourge/Sweep, really want it so I can have a representation of the guys transforming into their new bodies on my shelf.

3. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I would very much like to know why the left fist was solid in every instance of the mold before now. It seems dumb to give a figure two hands, but only allow one to hold a weapon.

4. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    Slight correction, it's Cyclonus's left fist that's been remoulded, having compared it to the Universe version. The fists still aren't identical though.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Cyclonus looks meh, but Scourge and the Sweep look nice! Really hope someday they'll do a non-Club Devcon with that new head...

6. kwweil

kwweil Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The set I bought has several minor QC issues:

1. Cyclonus's left shoulder cannot be peg in completely, leaving a gap with the chest. I had to file down the hole and the tab, and push really hard before it finally went in.

2. Sweep has two places where there are tiny protrusions in the tab holes, namely the right arm and undercarriage. Again I had to inspect and file away the protruding bits before I can push the tabs in completely.

Scourge was the only one with no QC issues, and transforms perfectly at the first try.

7. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Finally, a set commemorating And His Armada: Love Across The Universe (Do You Recall It?).