Plastic canvas

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by weeklyhero, Mar 24, 2008.

1. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Okay I know this topic starts off really fruity, but stick with me here, okay? My fiance and I are getting married soon and she wants to make some plastic canvas Autobot and Decepticon symbols for favors. Yeah, I know, I got the coolest girl in the world, but she can't figure out how to do the symbols in a small area, so does anyone know where we can find small insignia patterns?

Thanks all!

2. and

and New Member

Insignias

Plastic canvas is an art sorely lacking in all things boy, which is sad. Just because my grandmother wouldn't like to have sewn it doesn't mean that there aren't those of us that would like it, and there are plenty of moms out there more than willing to crochet, knit, needlepoint, and all other manner of craft, cool stuff for their boys.
    I do not know where to find a pattern like this. I have looked, and I have found every fluffy bunny and precious moments tissue box cover I never wanted, in the process. I have a 4 year old boy who is learning to sew and I would love to find a pattern like this to keep his interest. If you find one, would you kindly post it--or a link to it--here?

I wish you luck, both in pattern finding and the marriage!

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You'd be better off treating it as a pixelmap and starting from there, maybe? There's probably some pixel-art faction symbols you can adapt, I would think.

4. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

There's a cross stitch pattern for an Autobot symbol here. I don't know if that would work for plastic canvas (I'm not familiar with it), but it might be a starting point. I don't know of an existing Decepticon symbol pattern.

As for really small patterns, I'm not sure how that would work. The symbols are complicated enough that you probably couldn't get them too small before losing too much of the face and making it look way off-model.