1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Art: Planning a Project and Require Assistance

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I have a strange idea; ok maybe it's not so strange. I want to take the character profile information I created for all of my Transformers Universe Fanfiction and create my own personal version of a More Than Meets the Eye Profile Book using publicity artwork and the like for all of the characters.
    I figured I could just scan the pages in from my Dreamwave Armada MTMTE Profile books in order to get the kind of background I wanted, but the scanned image is a tad on the shrimpy size to work with and it would be easier if I had a larger artwork absent copy of the background pages used. Would such a thing exist? Could someone help me get that artwork for my project or is this like breaking the rules of copywrights and all that?

I mean; I might want to share the pages freely when their done, I suppose it depends on wheter or not Hasbro or someone like IDW would feel like I was breaking the law or something.

But I still want to make my own copy for my own use; when it's done completely I could then print all the pages up and bind them together into a comic book format for my personal collection, but in order to get started on this I need some minor assistance on where exactly to find the artwork I need for the backgrounds. (Most of the other art is probably a sinch to find thanks to Google.) Technically I think I should say page design shouldn't I? :lol 

Anyway; if someone could help me out then I'd really appreciate it, and Mods if this thread is in the wrong then let me know and such, quite frankly I doubt it is I mean Dreamwave went under and other fans probably use that page design themselves in their own projects... Er anyway; thanks in advance to any and all who check out this thread even if you can't help, and here's hoping my plans aren't too grandiose or shady. :D 

2. chubbzilla

chubbzilla One shall stand...

seems like a good idea