Planet X PX-C04 Cacus (IDW Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Jan 23, 2020.

1. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I would definitely say Vulcun's transformation engineering is worse, because one of the legs literally requires bending the plastic joint to get it to clear other parts. If that plastic joint loses flexibility in the future, it will break when trying to transform it. Cacus' leg transformation is difficult due to the lack of clearance and tight ratchets, but the level of plastic bending is nowhere as egregious as Vulcun's.

I think the plastics feel pretty decent on Cacus. Feels much better than say Vulcun's plastics. If there weren't so many sharp edges on Cacus, I'd say it's more or less on par with something from Fans Toys in terms of material quality. It's definitely similarly hefty:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Is anyone else having an issue with the rear skirt armor's mushroom peg popping out of its receptacle easily? One of mine pops out far too easily, and both of the receptacles for the rear skirt armor's mushroom pegs look warped. It's so annoying I glued a piece of plastic over the receptacle to try to prevent the mushroom peg from coming out. I hate these uncovered mushroom peg designs. When there's a tolerance issue, the mushroom peg generally twists right out of the receptacle and annoys me to no end.

3. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I almost feel like not knowing would’ve been better! :p 

But, I was hoping to maybe try and get Iron Factory’s Powerglide sent over with Cacus, so maybe that extra time will prove useful, yet! :D 

Oh, hey, now that is a very nice display idea! It really has King of the Dinobots looking dignified. So, thanks for your awesome photography!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Mine has cleared UK customs! Might have it by the weekend!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanos

Thanos Active Member

Found my Pluto :) 
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  7. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Therapist: Grimlock isn't real and can't hurt you.
    Grimlock:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

So, I've just received an email from Baba, they are saying because the shipping cost has increased I will now need to pay an additional $32USD for them to send my Cacus. I've paid the difference many times in the past when this has happened, knowing that many other sellers have done similar and that pricing really has increased, but this time, I have informed them that I will not be paying. Baba currently has the highest price for this item, higher than ShowZ, TCP, even TF-Source (this was what really killed the compromise for me). I am not paying more for one of the last sellers to get inventory, with one of the slowest shipping methods, at the current highest price I can find. I have told them if they can't sent this item at the price already paid to refund me as I can buy it cheaper just about anywhere, even getting it in under a week.

Depending on their response, this may be the final time I do business with them after 7 years of almost-monthly ordering. I get that there may be unforeseen circumstances, but there have just been too many of them with Baba in the last year and fewer and fewer benefits in buying from them and I'm realizing I've continued to buy from them for so long based on experiences years ago, and not based on experiences in recent years. /rant

TLDR; Sorry Baba, I'm not paying more for this when others have it in stock at cheaper prices, even domestically.

• Like Like x 7
  9. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The usual WINmini had this up for sale and thought I’d need it as well! Comes with weapons too.

229CE875-47AC-4F7F-B88E-4CA8724723B9.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  10. huggniceman

huggniceman Active Member

Another day, yet another shipping confirmation email-less inbox :( 

• Like Like x 1
  11. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Yeah, Babo wants $215 total from me. Not happening. I canceled and bought from ShowZ.

ShowZ has coupons and 5x points right now. Cacus ended up being $185ish if you count points back as currency (which it is).

• Like Like x 5
  12. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same situation here, but it was $18 instead, making the full total for him (after some earlier coupons) $202. Annoying, and I feel like I ought to cancel, but they kinda have me over a barrel as some replacement parts from an earlier order are due to ship along with it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Nope, no way am I going to pay Baba's price. I don't have any loyalty towards Baba or anyone else. He used to have good prices, but nowadays, I would shop around and go with a retailer with the best price.

• Like Like x 3
  14. green_machine

green_machine No longer cares if Bandit gets announced.

Oi, Josuke, me too

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Thinking of going with ShowZ as well. Anyone know how long it will take for the package to reach the US?

• Like Like x 1
  16. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Took 10 days to get to me in California.

• Like Like x 2
  17. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Thanks. With the free shipping?

• Like Like x 1
  18. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, free shipping method. This 10 day instance was actually the longest it's taken for a bit. I got a few in 7 days.

I will say that this was the first time in quite a few shipments there was actual damage to the packaging, though.
    56AF118B-2713-42FF-8851-C350442D8399.jpeg

Not a huge deal but this delivery in general was kind of weird. Along with the tear on the box, the bag inside the shipping box was cut and the tape looked like it was reapplied.
    5484F43B-91EB-45DC-9DB9-C59BC1AD1855.jpeg

There was no sealing tape on the box, nor was there any tape on the clamshell. Figure was perfect, though, so it's all good.

Excellent figure, by the way. I've heard lots of people talk about the tolerances being tight....so tight, in fact, that many times you have to bend plastic to transform him. I didn't have that problem, especially once I got used to the transformation.

The one and only complaint I have for this figure is the lack of articulation in the dino feet. Because there's no lateral articulation, it's really difficult to pose him in anything other than the most basic poses. His balance is already precarious in dino mode, but stripping him of any real ankle articulation means many times he's only standing on two edges of his feet. Some kind of neck articulation would have been nice, too, if I'm going to keep nitpicking.

Much like the CT Predacons, he really looks amazing in both modes. Luckily, going between modes is a breeze and means I don't really have to chose a mode.

My IT Megatron just came in as well, so I may snap a few nerd pics with these two amazing figures if I can stomach the looks my wife will inevitably fire at me as I'm doing it.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Grendel163

Grendel163 Galactic Transcender

Various times, depending on if you go with free shipping or expedited. Size and weight also factor in.

I dont touch any of my transformers when my wife is around.. for the same reason. Im content having Cacus on my side of the bed just to piss her off lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Thanks people. Hopefully I'll get my Cacus by Thanksgiving.

• Like Like x 3