Planet X PX-C04 Cacus (IDW Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    My IDW Starsaber, Deathsaurus and Shockwave are all flawless.

I’m not too worried about QC. I’m sure we’ll be fine :) 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

That is very reassuring!

• Like Like x 3
  3. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

In my experience, Planet X's QC is rather hit or miss, but their later figures have improved quite a bit. I don't have all of their figures, but I have several that I felt fit in with my more IDW-style collection.

PX-06 Vulcun Metallic - Excellent QC, no issues for articulation and intuitive engineering and transformation
    PX-08 Asclepius - Good QC, no issues for articulation, but the engineering and transformation wasn't very intuitive and he honestly doesn't impress in alt mode. Comes with a butt load of fun accessories and weapons though, and nice neck articulation that allows him to lie prone on the ground aiming his sniper rifle.
    PX-09 Mors - Good QC, no issues for articulation, some tabs don't stay together properly for his backpack in robot mode but this seems to be less about QC since almost all figures have this problem.
    PX-10 Jupiter Metallic - Good QC, no issues for articulation but the extra paint made transformation a chore. I had to sand down some pegs and it's still pretty tough in some points. I don't believe the non-metallic version had these issues.
    PX-14B Helios - Bad QC, He had some loose joints for articulation, and was an absolute pain to transform due to the added layer of paint on many of the pegs. Also the additional armor parts didn't tab in very well and was just annoying to deal with.
    PX-20 Vejovis and PX-21 Mars - Bad QC, both figures had loose hip joints that made articulation and posing a pain. Engineering was fun and transformation was good for the most part.
    PX-22 Coeus - Excellent QC, some joints are a little TOO tight, but overall no complaints. Good paint that seems a step up from previous non-Metallic figures.

PX-C01 Ismenios - Excellent QC, no issues with articulation and posing, very fun transformation and engineering, and overall seems like a step up in terms of quality over the FoC line. Good implementation of diecast with great paint throughout that doesn't hinder transformation.
    PX-C02 Kadmos - Great QC, his feet and ankles are a bit too floppy for my taste (I wish they had more heft or even diecast like Ismenios) that makes posing a bit more difficult, and has a dumb looking face sculpt. Good articulation elsewhere though, and fun transformation.

Since Cacus is in the IDW (CXX) line, I'm hoping that he will have the same level of quality as Ismenios and Kadmos (as opposed to the bottom of the barrel quality I got from Vejovis and Mars).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    and then at the other end of the spectrum is Summanus, who can't fucking stand up under his own power.

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Not sure why people are lumping PX's 2 separate lines together. The IDW line is obviously separate from the FoC line, that's why the very first figure had a 01 designation.

IMO, the QC on the new line has been a couple of steps up their FoC line. QC will be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you and apologize if that's how my post seems to read. I was trying to say that their later figures (both the IDW line and also newer FoC figures like Coeus) seemed to have taken a step up in quality and QC.

• Like Like x 3
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Apologies, my post wasn't directed at you. I think you know the score very well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    I recall grimlock had a yellow upper torso in maximum dinobots.The dino mode looks phenomenal though.

9. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

I'm reading Maximum Dinobots right now and he does not have an all yellow torso. The colors PX went with are accurate to the source material, except the top of his legs should be red too.

• Like Like x 9
  10. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:

PX 6th Dinobot, Triton, was a floppy mess. I only keep her in Plesiosaurus Dino mode. In bot mode, Her arms don’t stay up, and Hips wobbly. I did only pay $35 tho for her from a BBTS “clearance sale” that had her on preorder for that amount

G2 Vulcan and all my others are amazing

• Like Like x 2
  11. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    8BF2A056-EB0D-49DF-BE44-1F6A11ABBDD5.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Throwing my lot into the QC mix

First run edition of Vulcun (end of 2015?) - Flawless QC, and has held up to this day.

First run edition of Mors (early 2017?) - There were sprue flashes on the figure that stopped it from transforming completely. They were on the backpack, to be specific. I trimmed them, and otherwise had no issues.

13. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

Now that I know that there’s a new “Transformers: King Grimlock” comic in the works, I kinda wonder if PX might ever tackle that, too. Though, it would take even more extensive work to redesign Cacus for that, seeing as that new comic seems to be going off the Evergreen/Cyberverse designs. And, to wit, that might be a very good reason not to do that and risk getting some really bad attention from HasTak.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Plastic Addict

News Credits:
    Instagram:

• Like Like x 29
  15. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

Well...shit...

*pre-orders*

• Like Like x 6
  16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Anybody else love how they did not over engineer this thing? The transformation is as complex as it needs to be, nothing more.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I'm gonna need that. Fantastic.

And seeing that tail transformation, I wonder if you can leave it on the outside of the leg for comic accuracy if you're so inclined? Would be a great feature.

• Like Like x 9
  19. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    D4014FCA-5D0E-4EE3-86BA-79C69C4C5075.jpeg AF98CA84-2AA2-4C29-9542-45CDA9193AA2.jpeg E785953A-8ECC-4477-AE7E-5E82A67BB2D0.jpeg

• Like Like x 22
  20. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    big boy

• Like Like x 5