Planet X PX-C04 Cacus (IDW Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Cedarcomb

Cedarcomb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I can tell, it was just that the screw was either too short or just wasn't tightened enough. Considering the QC problems that some poor people have been having, I'm happy with a minor fix to deal with.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm getting more and more tempted to cancel as well. Only thing stopping me is that I got in on the initial lower price.
    Sucks, I was really excited for this figure and I hate to see how much of a QC nightmare he's become...

• Like Like x 3
  3. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Same, I unfortunately just cancelled this figure and I'll wait for a second run with improved QC or just skip this figure entirely. I have the other 2 Planet X IDW releases and they're good for the most part, but this has soured me on their releases for now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. green_machine

green_machine No longer cares if Bandit gets announced.

I canceled. All this is madness

• Like Like x 1
  5. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is unacceptable.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

You should cancel. Dealing with major QC errors is worth more than the $20 you're gunna save.

It's a great mold and there will be a V2. Be patient.

I have a major QC error and I wish I'd never paid my balance.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    And a retool on top of that so you can choose which version you like better and don't have to just get the one with better QC.
    250px-MTMTE_46_Textless.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you happened to get your copy from Show.z, their customer service is top notch. Generally, you'll end up with whatever piece you need at no cost to you other than the time you had to wait to receive it. It sucks that it happens at all, but if/when you get him squared away, he's a fantastic figure.

Speaking of.....just got Superator in from Show.z. Here's a few dino comp pics.....
    084CDDBF-A76F-4514-BBC3-C2E96C76BE39.jpeg

Height wise, they stand eye to eye to one another. At first glance, it seemed to me that Superator was actually the taller figure but on closer inspection, Cacus stands a hair taller.
    CC6626FF-C8AE-4166-BD0F-1CF9EB532AFB.jpeg BCFE6B2D-B3AB-4B56-8635-27594CFF712B.jpeg
    Apparently, little SS86 Grimey is unhappy about being left out of the dap fest.

I can't stress just how huge these guys are. Both have an incredible shelf presence. Their length is really impressive.
    F8536F66-F683-431C-A0F4-1208BDD38D74.jpeg
    I really wish they would have made Cacus less tail heavy, though. He definitely could have used a fair amount of die cast in his legs and feet to make balancing him in dino mode easier. Superator is much easier to deal with in that regard.

"Him want play. Awww, him so cute. You think what I'm think?" AB27D0D6-78DB-4E70-8D34-0540DDF5B43E.jpeg

"Dino tickle!!"
    6E9A99D4-664A-4364-AA66-4B137006FA0F.jpeg

"Raaahhhh!! No fair!! Arms.....too.....short!!!!"
    17F7F6A1-44CD-4C02-9FDA-95D604927968.jpeg

These are two seriously impressive figures, though. I'd been looking forward to comparing these two guys for a couple weeks now and they certainly didn't disappoint. Also, somebody mentioned a while back that Cacus has a lateral rocker on his legs, which he does. Definitely helps make posing so much easier.

I was gonna snap some robot mode comp pics but I'm too ashamed at the moment. Wifey came up and saw her almost 50 year old husband taking tickle pics of his huge robot toys with his 9 year old daughter's toys and on his 9 year old daughter's desk. Right now, she's scared her daughter is going to end up like that almost 50 year old man and I can't say I blame her. Gonna need a few hours to recover from the shame stares and sounds that understandably came from her.

image.gif

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  9. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Yeah as someone who managed to get a near perfect copy definitely wait for the reissue if there is one. The only issue with mine is that the ab crunch is loose when in use but locks in place when “un-crunched” that I can hold it horizontally and shake it without it unlocking. Based on the info from all these posts it seems less like the standard QC issues where materials didn’t hold up but more that the factory workers just did not care at all. I mean one person said that instead of putting a pin through the existing hole the pin was punched through the plastic next to it. Maybe PlanetX used a new factory to get their orders out quick and the workers just suck.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Mine shipped from ShowZ and they think it got sent back.

I'm willing to roll the QC dice, just because getting the 2nd batch before CNY seems tenuous.

Annnnd I want it now. But its also $200 worth of something I don't wanna wait fot replacement parts for...

11. Swiften

Swiften Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sigh, well, to add to the fun. Is my light broken too?

12. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I ordered fro TCP...their Customer sevice is amazing, so I'll stick with my order and if a problem arrises, I'm sure they'll fix me up.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SDave

SDave Member

Just unwrapped a broken one, arm sheared off in packaging. The box wasn't in great shape but I think a lot of the damage is from the figure being too heavy for this plastic clam shell which had completely failed leaving the figure loose inside the box.

He's a beefy boy and should probably have been packaged in foam like the way FT does their releases.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Swiften

Swiften Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    dumpsterfire-dumpster.gif The Cacus release right now

• Like Like x 5
  15. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

That's the extreme opposite of my experience with TCP CS! Good luck to you and I'll pray to the QC gods for you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. YellowGuy

YellowGuy Well-Known Member

Did the other Planet X IDW figures suffer from similar QC issues at launch?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    None That I know of. I had both pre-ordered and got the initial batch. The issues here are genuinely shocking to me

• Like Like x 1
  18. Casey P

Casey P Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I bought from showz, but I'm not sure about what will be done to fix the broken arm ratchet. It doesn’t look like an easy fix, but I might be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Nope. Sure the hips on Kadmos could be tighter, but that's deliberate I think.

These guys tried to release a figure without taking the Golden Week Holiday into account. Without that extra week of QC, this is the result.

• Like Like x 5
  20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For a 200 dollar figure, and these kinds of problems, I cancelled my PO. Hope for a version that will be out that will not be under the crunch of Chinese New Year.

• Like Like x 5