Planet X PX-C02 Kadmos (IDW Star Saber)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Aug 23, 2018.

1. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    Ironically the gaps don’t bother me at all, but yeah if they’re going to make it haslab it shouldn’t have the gaps. Also I love this star saber’s head, the only issue is the eye placement and it doesn’t bother me. Looks exactly like the source material

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

The HasLab has a lot going for it, but it's just a shame to see them not give the core Saber bot more love, the poor thing is missing its inner arm. The MP is the same, and so is the Transart surprisingly enough. The forearm gaps are a weird design trend I was hoping the HasLab would correct, but I guess it's just not in the budget...
    I'm...getting used to the eyes on Kadmos. I am kind of holding out hope that they release a new head with their inevitable Victory Leo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. QuintusTheExaltedOne

News Credits:
    I think including an extra head with victory Leo would solve a lot of issues people have. Should also have stronger antennas because that I am actually concerned about.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the extra screws he comes with?

5. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

They're to screw the wing pieces to his backpack permanently. Not exactly required as they're already a tight fit.

6. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

I guess now that I think about the price for the whole package vs. the MP/IronTrans I get it... but yeah, the Hasbro gaps are not doing it for me. Hopefully (sigh...) enough fan noise will get Hasbro to change things.

On that same note, and related to this thread, I did notice the other day at BBTS that the Kadmos pre-orders nearly dried up after the Haslab announcement.

I do dig the nods to the G1 design in this version, though, like the way Saber's head raises out of his chest to homage the Brainmaster gimmick.

Eh... first world problems :p :D 

• Like Like x 2
  7. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

(Mods - Pardon the multipost) Here is the BBTS pre-order if you are in the States and want to save on shipping:

PX-C02 Kadmos

And here from Bababobo

New Planet X Transformers PX-C02 Kadmos IDW Star Saber Action figure Toy instock

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Email from BBTS, Star Saber processing soon!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

So I decided after looking at Hasbro's Star Saber that it wasn't what I wanted. I prefer the straight antenna and the face plate of the G1 toy over his animated appearance. Kadmos filled that role perfectly. I couldn't wait on BBTS to get him in as I will be moving in a month or so, so I ordered from Robot Kingdom.

I've had him about a weak now and love him. He poses great, is fun to transform, and in person his face is fine. I keep his wings folded back so he looks more G1 from the front. And he scales perfectly with Thunder Manus to boot. I have no regrets in getting him.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

This is still one of the coolest-looking bots on my shelf--especially now that I have some decent lights! (Except the lights reveal that I need to upgrade shelves from this shitty plywood.) Here's the somewhat crowded late Lost Light confrontation. PXL_20210806_122539563.NIGHT.jpg

Still bugged by his feet, though. He needs die-cast feet on rock-solid ratchets to keep all that weight balanced, and he has plastic on simple hinges.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Vendace

Vendace Well-Known Member

Just picked up Kadmos off of eBay from a reputable seller for 110 shipped and after tax. Condition on the paint looks perfect, hopefully the ratchets are all still tight. It does appear to be missing the 2nd faceplate (thankfully it has the one I wanted anyway) and seems to only have the screw covers in 1 arm but has everything else, including the box. Once it arrives, I’ll see what is needed to contact PX about maybe getting spares. Very excited to have gotten a good deal on this guy, been teetering on getting him for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vendace

Vendace Well-Known Member

My Kadmos has shown up today in thankfully perfect condition. Lack of second faceplate aside, I actually really like the head. I don’t know if mine just is a little different or my tastes are funny, but it looks good to me. The only things I plan to do to it are tightening its ankle rockers (they aren’t loose but with how heavy this guy is they’re hard to pose) and then tightening up the ball joint for his neck.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bvzxa

bvzxa The Collector

Broke the head on mine, managed to fix it as best as I could

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lord Mechatron

Lord Mechatron Supreme Commander

Instagram:
    Been meaning to pick this guy up, found one for $120. Really great looking piece and I didn't know it was so articulated, has more than my Planet X Deathasaurus.

15. QuintusTheExaltedOne

News Credits:
    The chosen one has arrived! 10FA4306-0C89-4571-A503-712CCF523711.jpeg 91700EF2-DEBB-46A5-A2FF-ABD680FB850E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. QuintusTheExaltedOne

News Credits:
    ECA9D7B3-0342-41D1-93A2-360C6AAC5694.jpeg

• Like Like x 2