Planet X PX-C02 Kadmos (IDW Star Saber)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Aug 23, 2018.

1. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently came upon the Not Victory Leo for PX Kadmos and now I'm thinking of getting it and Ismenios.

Don't know if these were posted yet:

Show Z Store has some images of the prototype.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, those were seen earlier. As far as I'm aware, planet x hasn't said much since then. Maybe at the next tfcon?

3. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry. I just found the PX Not VictoryLeo thread.

When in VS combined mode, Star Saber's cockpit/shield and the mini Saber are not used. Can they do anything together?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ? What mini saber?am I missing something? We only got star saber and his chest. I've merely been presuming he'll remain in the chest. Does he get replaced?

5. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    Yeah, for combined form you take out Saber and put in the Lionhead.

6. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Huh. Live and learn. Guess what they're doing with him. Maybe he rides victory saber?:p 

7. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Victory Leo will be taller than Deathsaurus. It would just mean Planet X would have to make a Not King Solon (Solon Kitakaze), the son of Deathsaurus. They combine to form Kingsaurus.

IDW King Solon
    [​IMG]

Kingsaurus

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

Let’s hope Planet X dose this.

• Like Like x 4
  9. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

I've been ignoring this thread for a while and didn't see any new info about any upgrade parts on the last few pages. There haven't been any new head parts annnounced right? If so, I'm gonna start modifying my figure.

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The G1 upgrade kit is the only new head. Otherwise, stock IDW is what you're working with.

PX-C01 Ismenios Expansion Kit

11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think he's talking for star saber

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, shoot! Saw the Planet-X thing, "new head" and my brain incorrectly connected the two.

My bad, sorry everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  13. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We should suggest to/ask Planet X to make a King Solon.

14. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

I got a brave today and decided to trim down his face plate a little --thought it might help make his face more round looking (helping the cross eye look kadmos has from some angeles
    20200321_124728.jpg 20200321_125126(0).jpg 20200321_125115.jpg 20200321_124734.jpg 20200321_124710.jpg

Then I felt like the face needed paint
    1584841820396590812362.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  15. Eddielai2016

Eddielai2016 Well-Known Member

I hate this face. It looks meh. Hopefully someone or some company make a better head sculpt. In hand he looks great but the face just turns me off. Also it would nice to have an adaptor or something for him to hold his shield. The peg does not secure properly on his shoulders. One sudden movements will knock the shield off completely. Its better that he holds his shield rather then mounting it on

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Got mine in the mail today. Yeah id kill for a new head. They eyes are horrid, wouldn't be so bad if he could look down I feel. That said the guy who did the silver paint to the face props to you that helps a lot

17. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Silver face paint defs helps the head but those eyes...hot damn. Not good. It honestly kills the whole thing for me.

18. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

Looking at the pics I was really worried I made a mistake getting this guy, but after having him in-hand the last few days and messing with him I absolutely love him. So ty @chosenprime I love my kadmos.

P.S. I do agree the eyes are horrid and ruin the head sculpt and would love a third party add on for it, but overall I love this guy.

• Like Like x 4
  19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reason he looks cross-eyed is because Planet X didn't bother to sculpt him with a nose - or at least the space where one would be.

Even when Transformers play with facial features, with visors and faceplates and whatnot, they still adhere to general human facial proportions so as not to look weird. Eyes should be in the horizontal centre of the face. Eyes spaced such that there's roughly the width of an eye between them. Etc, etc. PX fucked that up and he looks dopey as hell.

20. iRoller

iRoller Well-Known Member

Chiming in late here but I wanted to add some of my general thoughts about Kadmos aka IDW Star Saber that also address a couple of points from some of the former posts.
    By the way - opinions may vary and going with emgo here, I generally say about Planet X Kadmos "works for me anyways" - but it doesn't need to work for everyone, of course...
    I hope this post will ultimately help others to decide whether or not to commit getting the guy for their shelves.
    (I got mine and I don't regret it at all - though he has it's weaker points but I won't PICK on his eyes - read below on the why).

IDW's Star Saber and it's use in the comics:
    Sure, the character as such has a huge potential and when I read the original MTMTE storyline, I always felt that he could show up more pronounced.
    However, in retrospect, I do quite appreciate the fact that he's been only used occasionally and when being used, he strikes with ultimate force. Giving him more ground in MTMTE, the very same would have been soaked with innermost energon of his foes quickly and the only logical consequence would have been to kill him fast, or to see him diminish the crew of the Lost Light in no time (at least, given the way he was drawn here as in not the forgiving type of guy).
    We also saw a lot of the overly-bad-guy-does-run-havoc theme and how this generally turns out: ... kills masses ... get's killed himself, eventually ... returns from the dead due to the inherent Rossums rule advantage in the Transformers lore per se... and starting it all over ... kills masses, etc. etc. etc. ...Overlord...Sixshot...YouNameIt...
    So for me, it was always refreshing to see that he was dealt with the way he was and that his overall appearance was boiled down to the essence.
    Just like in a good recipe, sometimes it's the tiny flavors that last and therefore leave an impression on you.
    And I liked that!
    They didn't use the same flavoring on the appearance of Pharma as being one of the over-villains in the MTMTE & Lost light story line. And equally, I got that, too. Therefore, I was even more pleased with the no-nonsense way that they saw Star Saber off.

Die-cast use in Kadmos:
    I'm neither a friend nor a total fiend of die-cast but net, I don't mind not having too much of it on a figure.
    I definitely don't need it just for the sake of being there. I only need or like it if it adds bona fide stability to the figure FULL STOP. And this - to me - clearly failed here with Kadmos and the reason for that is probably that Planet X saved some coins here at his feet engineering.
    These hollow plastic feet clearly aren't the brightest lights at the Christmas tree.
    Here, die-cast in the feet itself would have made a ton of sense.
    Wasn't Done - I dried my tears, let's move on.
    So the die-cast per se isn't so much of a problem. What makes it an issue though are his feet but also this can be worked around.

Pose-ability of Kadmos:
    AWESOME minus the FEET
    Enough good stuff has been said so I won't repeat it...
    But the feet do make give an issue but I wouldn't say that the guy is not poseable. He TOTALLY is poseable...just act with caution.

Face sculpt aka "cross-eyed"
    I don't feel he looks dopey and I don't feel he looks horrid at all.
    But other's may do and feel like he does. And that's okay.
    I just wanted to raise the voice here to make it clear for folks that haven't decided yet on the purchase that: you yourself may actually feel he's dopey or you may not..."you'd be surprised".
    The shelf presence is always something that can differ from the pics.
    I feel that some figures in my collection truly look cross-eyed but I do not feel it with him - no need to argue about it - I don't know why his face sculpt doesn't bother me the slightest - it could but it ultimately doesn't.

My(!) Nutshell: if you like the guy the way he is presented and you don't hate him in IDW to death or if you do but you still like the Gundam-esque appearance (not going to start another topic here...) or whatever may drive you to have a crush on this fella - go get him. He's totally worth it!
    If you HATE HATE HATE any non-perfect alignment and/or aesthetics in your life as such - well, don't!

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3