Planet X PX-C02 Kadmos (IDW Star Saber)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

It's hard to grok it out from IDW (esp. because their size classes change all the time) but I think he's more in the Carnifex size region in the comics... I think. He stands a couple of heads taller than Cyclonus, who Milne consistently drew as a Voyager.

(Of course, Milne drew Carnifex as an Ultra up until Dying of the Light, when either Overlord got shorter or the DJD got taller.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. dragon_lord

dragon_lord great dragon god

Great Da Garn GX also approves this message
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    MP Star Saber is my Star Saber but I like the way this guy looks. Funds permitting, if I get him I’d call him Wing Saber (and call his smaller robot Wing Dagger) in homage of the Energon character.

Would love a Victory Leo that replicates the flame toys Victory Saber. Love the Brave homage there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I’m just bothered by the fact that they put most of the design of victory Leo on the back. The front is just star saber on heels. I guess that’s what happens when Star saber becomes a fountain of expires for the brave series, you don’t put too much in a design.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was that supposed to be "expies"?

Transformers: Victory pre-dated the Brave franchise (1989. Exkaiser was in 1990). Arguably, it was the prototype. Kunio Okawara's involvement in Star Saber's design probably had a direct impact on the future Braves.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Gundam_Tryon_3_-_Front.png
    Hell even Gundam's approve of this message!

• Like Like x 2
  7. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Atomizer is an average sized guy and he did have to jump up on to Stars back to shoot him in the neck.

atomstar.jpg

Kinda the thing is Starsaber briefly plays the role in LostLight that Overlord did in MTMTE season 1. Super character enters the scene and starts decimating everyone. Single handedly takes down Defensor like its no big deal even though combiners have bullshit mass shifting in IDW as well haha.

stardef.jpg

I think to get that visual presence and character power across in a modern toy you have to have it at least be head and shoulders above your regular toys. I don't think PX need make him as tall as carnfiex but i certainly ideally want him looking down on my Kultur and my Striker Manus etc.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Yes. Spellcheck strikes again!

• Like Like x 1
  9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Eh, I don't blame autocorrect in this case, since that's TVTropes insider talk, and not an officially recognized word.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can we just adopt Brave into the Transformers Multiverse? Duke Fire is a good link to it all too, considering he was originally meant to be a new body for Rodimus Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Is there anywhere to get any brave series with decent subs? I’ve always been interested to check it out but have never had the chance

• Like Like x 2
  12. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have no idea. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  13. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    GaoGaigar + Final, and maybe Might Gaine, were the only series with complete fansubs, IIRC.

GaoGaigar (but not Final) had an official North American release via Media Blasters, but none of the others have been licensed for distribution. I'm not sure if streaming sites like Crunchyroll carry any of the Brave series as a result, otherwise piracy is your only option.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    While I’ve only seen GaoGaiGar, years ago, I just found Da Garn, Dagwon, Goldran, J-Decker and Mightgaine on KissAnime doot to

There are likely others out there, but that’s what I could find at my most recent destination for mecha and other shows, since you can’t torrent in iOS! ;) 

The bigger outstanding issue from some exemplary panels, besides his legs being too long and arms too short, is the Kadmos needs a much bigger blade!

It’s not Berserk or Zankantou yuge, but it’s definitely bigger than what’s been shown in the initial renders.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh yes, that would be lovely!

*laughs* That's my plan as well, awesome! IDWs 'fanatic' even fits (to a greater or lesser degree) with Super Link/Energon Wing Saber's history and even his behavior, at least to my mind.

But Victory predated Brave by a year... technically a bit longer as Animation for Victory started in late 1988 while Brave's animation started in early 1990.
    And the 'Leo becoming boots and backpack' is accurate for Victory's look (which makes sense given Victory Leo's body was just supposed to be a non-sentient power suit like V-star and they had to use it to save Ginrai very last minute)

I vaguely remember there being an article when Brave was airing that said something of that effect. There's a LOT of influence apparent in it at the very least.

I'd be all for it. Heck, I love the few Brave toys we've gotten from 3rd Parties over the years, like Captain Shark, and I'd love to see more.

Oh nice, I didn't even think to check kissanime. I'll have to check it out

Yeah I'm kinda hoping they go more IDW aesthetic with this, as right now it feels kinda oddly... midpoint? ...between IDW and MP

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Wait, we’ve gotten 3p brave stuff?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Yeah, KFC did Captain Shark a few years ago
    I thiiiiiiiiink there's been one or two others but that is the only one I can remember right now

• Like Like x 2
  18. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    There was the Red Geist version of the Deathsaurus head Renderform did for the recolors of the Beast Hunters Grimwing mold.

I can’t think of any others even though the subject had come up not that long ago in the Brave thread.

Shadowmaru of course has still yet to happen despite an abundance of 3P Sixshots out there now.

• Like Like x 3
  19. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I remember the KFC Sharkies, though they’re not so obviously Yuusha, and that’s both neat and hindering for their sales at the same time. But, I guess we should expect Bandai to produce the main hero mecha and let 3P pickup side characters and villains... if that ever becomes much of a thing, again.

Still, some months back, I found an SD Genesic GaoGaiGar kit on Aliexpress, though researching for it just brought up an out of stock listing~ Creation SD Genesic GaoGaiGar Final GGGG Full Action Plastic Model Kit with Blot Shield-in Model Building Kits from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

And, along the way to finding that again, I found this kit for regular ol’ GaoGaiGar~ MODEL FANS INSTOCK GM 28cm GAOGAIGAR Assembly contain light action figure robot-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

There are likely other figures and from other series, but that’s just what I went looking for, so far. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the focus is on the King of the Braves... :p 

And, I had, I think, a KO Fighbird from a local candy and cards store that had a bunch of old, boxed MotU vehicles and, more interestingly, bootleg carded robots. Now, it would be nice to be able to watch that series given that one Dadaist meme that keeps getting passed around from some scene in Fighbird.

But, I should really get through Masterforce so I can finish watching Victory, since I saw a fandub that got 2/3rds through Victory, about thirteen years ago. Granted, I’ll definitely be rewatching the whole of Victory from the beginning! :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    That's cool on the Brave variants you've managed to find over the years!

I've got a really solid set of subs for Victory, (and MAsterforce/HEadmasters) should you wish to watch them. Just drop me a line and I can send you a link for it.
    Victory is actually one of my favorite eras of Transformers in general (which is why I was so peeved with Star Saber being a fanatic/bad guy in IDW... in fact that and Metalhawk are why I stopped reading IDW ^_^;; )
    That said, I really do like the AESTHETIC of IDW so am still leaning towards eventually getting this, even if I do basically make him Wing Saber from Super Link

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1