Planet X PX-C01 Ismenios

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 21, 2018.

1. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    :) 

• Like Like x 5
  2. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

3. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I'll probably only ever get one 3P character if I ever do (and thus far I haven't). I'm not that much of a stickler for scale, but if I have to devote half a shelf to to a guy I need to rethink it.

That being said, Deathsaurus would be high on my list if I ever jumped in. I think MMC's head is just a bit more Milne-y than Ismenios here, but there's no guarantee D-Zef will actually come out at this point. MMC's new Fort Mac next year is on my radar too, because I already have a big Decepticon on my shelf in TR Overlord. Carnifex was just too expensive for me.

But at this point, I'm only spiraling. Soon I'll just give up like I always do, until I click back to the forums against my better judgement and start salivating over something else.

4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I was able to acquire ismenios for $141 shipped from a friend and got the kit for $44 from bbts. I’m sorted now, can’t wait

5. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    If I may ask, why only limit yourself to a single 3P figure? Is it a budget thing, or? If that’s the case, it’s completely understandable - and even if it isn’t - it’s your choice of course; but you’re really missing out if it’s just because it’s 3P or something :) 

I doubt MMC’s will ever release. Other than the head, it doesn’t look as accurate elsewhere.

I myself am a scale fiend. I love scale to death. Having my figures look like they jumped outta the books at the correct heights is a wonderful feeling that’s hard to describe <3

6. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

You are going to love it.

7. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It’s perfect because just like the old toys, he’s undersized compared to star saber lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

How big would an MP scaled Deathsaurus be, anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  9. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    As big as mp24. As far as I’m concerned he’s too small too. They both should be as big as fans hobby double evil

• Like Like x 1
  10. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Nah, it's a budget thing. And in a lot of cases, a "Do I really need another Optimus Prime?" thing. It helps that I don't collect MPs, and that 60% of the 3P world is making MP scale combiners. If there were more companies doing WFC and IDW stuff like PX and MMC, I'd be in trouble.

But maybe someday the right thing will come out to make me jump.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dodgy Dan

Ah well, all these different scales are starting to mess with my tiny little brain. Think he could fit in an MP scaled collection, though? I love the look of this figure...

• Like Like x 1
  12. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    At this point I don’t care. He’s the final piece of my Decepticon MP display and I’ll be damned if im gonna let the fact that he’s mp36 height stop me from doing this. Just do it man, scale be damned!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Honesty

News Credits:
    Just make a IDW/voyager sized shelf!

And you’re Golden! I have quite a “complete” of expensive MP’s, like many people on here; except I love messing around with these guys so so much more.

And then there is my legends collection. Which is also more fun than my MP’s :3

14. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well in the cartoon, he was gestalt sized. But no ones making a 20 inched one. So a 15 inch one will probably be as close as you can get. So x transbots will be as close to that as possible.

As a result, any chug collection just needs a chug combiner sized dezarus, should suffice

15. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

In the cartoon, there was never a really clear cut shot of height mash ups against star saber. Most of them were them dealing it out in floating space and not on level grounding. But it seems to me when the cells align, it looks like Star Saber is taller. See the knee bends of Saber while Deathsaurus is not bending knees and he is still shorter. In the comic, seems to me the same difference in standing height, Saber being taller

Planet X PX-C01 Ismenios
    Planet X PX-C01 Ismenios

• Like Like x 1
  16. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I thought Dezsaras was shorter but couldn’t find anything substantial. I mean, this toy was never meant to be MP and I get that. He’s too short even with Dezsaras being shorter in the toon and comic and I get that too. Nevertheless, he’s too nice for me to care and he’s coming home. Thanks for bringing up those pics though. It put me at ease a bit as far as the sizes go

17. Dodgy Dan

Argh, don't tempt me! I'm already running out of space, and if I start collecting another line I'll end up like those hoarders living in trash-tunnels, except i'll be navigating the twisting passages of a house dilled with Transformers figures. I'll probably starve to death curled up in a corner, too afraid to navigate the plastic warrens in case of breakage, or simply transfixed by the sheer beauty of over-priced Japanese robots, like a Magpie in a jewelry store... That's no life, damnit!

Having said that... I am so tempted to grab this figure. The world, and more importantly, my collection needs more awesome Decepticons.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In their case, I honestly don't really care per say, considering I'm more worried about his scaling with everyone else. But its nice to know, just silly tho when you consider then saber gets victory leo and becomes even taller. I mean technically dezaras got a manga upgrade, but that never got a toy or appeared enough. Star Saber always gets to be taller lol

19. Honesty

News Credits:
    @Dodgy Dan -

lol xD loved the reply.

Get this guy, PX Star Saber, SXS Rodimus and G-Creations Prowl >_> .. one of these or all three and you’ll be tempted even more! >: )

• Like Like x 1
  20. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This looks all kind of awesome. I’m good with this. Wish the chest cavity had something to go in it but I’ll never have the breast beasts not in there so it’s all good 57117051-A9F8-4D6F-9245-568F7668B3B2.jpeg

• Like Like x 8