Planet X PX-06 Vulcan (FoC Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by HeyPiRon, Dec 26, 2014.

1. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yay! This will definitely be my first third-party figure! I am so disappointed with the FoC Grimlock and have complete faith in Planet X to create an awesome one.

2. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

Well if they made Shockwave to scale he'd be like the size of the Shockwave we already have, wouldn't he?

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yup.

Oh actually probably not. If they made him to scale with the rest of the Hasbro figures yes. To scale with Grimlock then no. Shockwave and Starscream are about the same size and Starscream was small compared to Grimlock.

4. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves, we should be trying to figure out how tall Grimlock/Vulcan will be q: I'm hoping for Leader, like a little shorter than Jetfire.

5. iamgnahk

iamgnahk Well-Known Member

He shouldn't be much more than 1-2 heads taller than Neptune.

6. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Good news!

7. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

This is my guess as well.
    Looking forward to completing these. Planet X sold me on their crack from Genesis.

8. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a Grimlock fan? Just curious since your wording sounds like you are planning to pass on the other 4 (unless maybe Vulcan blows you away so hard you have to complete the set).

Thought about this some more, I don't know if it is a viable design or not, but I would hope their Vortex can also go into the jet like form he had when boosting during flight, and their Brawl would have a good gun emplacement mode.

9. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent news. At a time when I've otherwise given up on TF toys (MP, CHUG, most third-party stuff), the only TFs left on my shelf are the PX dinos. Looking forward to completing the set.

10. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Now that we are officially getting a Grimlock that matches the rest of the team, the misfit of the group is going to be Caelus. He's already way, way shorter than everyone else,he doesn't have any red translucent bits and weapons, and his gold plastic doesn't have the nice quasi-metallic sheen that Neptune and (presumably) the rest will have. If they make Vulcan significantly larger than the official one, that's going to make Caelus seem even shrimpier. If he is bigger, I hope it's not more than half a head over Neptune.

Hey, let's all push our luck and see if we can get a new, bigger Swoop out of them! Problem solved.*

* half kidding

11. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    W00t! Looks like official Grimmy will be joining Onslaught in the corner!

12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing what they've released so far, I'd instantly jump in on a Planet X FoC Combaticons. However, I'd rather them work on FoC/WfC characters that didn't have a figure made (I'm soooo looking forward toward Planet X taking a crack at WfC Slipstream, and more of course :thumb ).

Seems like you too are jumping ahead of yourself. As tall as FoC Grimmy is, he's not leader sized. Remember, Planet X is trying to keep them to an accurate game scale as possible.

As bad as the Has/Tak fig is, he actually does make a decent gun-emplacement mode -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

[​IMG]

I don't think Leader class would be too much of a stretch q:

14. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That picture keeps getting dragged out as a comparative sample. It is grossly inaccurate to be used as a scale measure.

Grimlock is standing in front of the team. Couple that with the angle of the image (angled up) and it makes it look like he's the tallest of the bunch. The reality is that Sludge is just as tall if not a bit taller than Grimlock (based on the IDW comic depictions of the FOC Dinobots).

15. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

True enough, I still wouldn't mind if Grimlock did turn out that big but I guess this would be more scale accurate, even though Snarl and Slag are crouching

[​IMG]

16. iamgnahk

Thing is, PX is basing their scale off concept images/art, rather than ingame models. You can't look at the game's scaling for reference, because it'll be off, both in scale and color. Just from seeing the protos of Snarl and Slug, we can see thay're barely a head shorter than neptune. gromlock will be the same, if not just a bit taller than neptune, but nothing drastic.

17. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

Well you can't really say that GrOmlock will be what size. We didn't know that Slug would have been a head shorter than Neptune before we saw the prototype pics.

Consider that the existing Grimlock is already about a head shorter than Neptune. I couldn't imagine Planet X would do something so similar in height. I'm not saying I expect it to be MP-10 size but I'd guess he'd be reasonably bigger than Hasbro Grimlock or else... people would just stick with the one they already have/is like about $70 cheaper

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMHO Vulcan should be just a tad tiny bit taller and larger than Neptune. To make him extremely and comically large (say roughly FansToys Dinobots size) would throw everything off and not be appropriate to the team. I respect that many fans have a philosophy of larger is better, but it needs to suit the scale of the team and IMHO leader or larger is too big.

About like this ----^^^

19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love it when people post that pic and keep ignoring the fact that Sludge is standing behind Grimlock and not beside him. Although Grimmy will be tall, I doubt leader class tall. He maybe just on par with Neptune if not a schmidge taller.

20. iamgnahk

From concept art, most people already figured Snarl and Slug would be a head or two shorter than Neptune. From the same material, we can figure grimlock will be a head or two taller, as I've mentioned before. Leader class is just too much. I can understand the want for Grimlock to be huge as the leader of the Dinobots, but if he gets too much larger than Neptune, it'd make Caelus even more of a dwarf.