Planet X PX-04 Summanus (FOC Snarl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 20, 2014.

1. iamgnahk

iamgnahk Well-Known Member

It's a widely known issue with Summanus, especially the hips. PX did sent out replacement tails, but I don't have much knowledge about the process to get one.

As for the hips, you can tighten it up by stuffing something into the hip assembly to make the ratchet's teeth tighten against one another.

2. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

would future work on that? I've never used it for ratchet

3. iamgnahk

No, since the joint isn't friction-based. If you open up his hip assembly, you'll see that the back half of the assembly doesn't quite reach the hip ratchets. You can cut up a ziptie and place a few in it, teeth towards the ratchet, to reinforce it.

4. Slustor

Slustor Well-Known Member

Has anybody else had issue of the tail snapping off. Second time transforming it and the tail tip snapped off on both halfs. Does anybody have any suggestions.

5. bubbalew

bubbalew Well-Known Member

Just happened to mine last night. I mostly display them in robot mode but got Vulcun last night so wanted to see them all in dino mode. when I went to put him back in Robot mode the left side of the tip snapped off. When i get home I am going to take a picture and send a request to BBTS for a replacement. Not expecting much from them but at least hope to get contact info for planet x so I can Contact them directly.

6. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

I love the figure but transforming the tail is the most difficult part. Mine has had a couple tans break off so he isn't secure but it's isn't crazy loose. He's the only one of the Planet X Dinos I own that has had that happen.

7. Gutts

Gutts Autobot

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    Is this the best I can do to hide his robohands?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this the farthest down his hind legs can go? It looks weird, there is a gap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus some photos suggest it should go farther.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My time is horrid lately. So much so that I haven't even the chance to transform my Summanus. Also, since the release of FPs F/X line Code, I've been a stickler in attempting to transform figs for the first time without use of the instructions (and face it, as great as Planet X is, most 3rd party figures' instructions suck tremendously).

Tonight was my first attempt at him. I will admit that listening to all those ratchets going off was a tad scary and Sum is a hell of a peg-together figure :eek: , but thankfully I managed it! (er ... checking several videos of Summanus after I transformed him to ensure I did things correctly :lol )

9. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My feet are loose and he tips backwards very easily...is this common?

10. WeDgE2999

WeDgE2999 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got mine today from a friend. Anyone else have a issue with the knee pads? I have 2 right ones so the left side looks bad.

Attached Files:

11. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    This release, I would say maybe. My joints are overall tight though...besides the ankles.

Looks like you're outta luck. Either gotta find a junker, or ask your friend to ask the retailer for replacement parts...

12. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He can barely stand...should I try to get replacement parts?

13. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    If it's a floppy pos, then I guess, yes. Before you do that though, did you try Future, or something similar?

14. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

I got mine the only problem with it is that the left bisep swivel is way too tight. Is there any way to fix it I hit it with lube but still too tight? Any help would be much appreciated.

15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Picked this team up on a whim. Most are good but I think Summanus is a MASSIVE disappointment.

The hips are so weak on mine he can't even stand.

16. iamgnahk

The hips have always been an issue and was widely known. If you take apart the hip assembly, you'll see that the teeth for the ratchet don't reach the actual ratchets, so there's no actual ratcheting going on. Friction will not last at all. Just stick in something like pieces of a zip tie into the hip assembly to tighten it up. Easy fix.

17. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

After the fix, my summanus' legs are super stable. I cut and folded tiny pieces of paper and glued them on the bottom of the ratchets' "legs". This increased their overall height so that detent has enough friction against the teeth of the gear. Might be a little too tight now. I didn't need to fold the paper before gluing them.

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost picked up the entire Planet X Dinos but after seeing the loose hips on this figure I passed up on them. I know its an 'easy fix' but the entire set costs around $600 (in my country's currency).

I shouldn't need to fix sometime so basic such as the hips. Maybe if Planet X will provide replacement parts, I will grab it.

Another cause of concern are the lower spikes at the bottom of the spikes...anyone who owns him...are the fragile?

19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not that I've encountered so far. The only problem I faced was a somewhat more loose foot, but that changed after tightening a couple of screws and applying floor polish.

20. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm STILL not seeing how the fix for his hips is supposed to work.

Has anyone done like a video/pictoral explanation?