Planet X PX-04 Summanus (FOC Snarl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 20, 2014.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is not their best release. The fans (including moi) kept egging them on to finish before CNY with expected results. If you have their Neptune, you'd hardly notice any problems whatsoever.

Judging from Ben's review, QC seems back to their usual high standard with Quirinus, and given the timing, Vulcan should be done before CNY with plenty of time to spare.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I dread toys that are released just before CNY (especially prior to a month). From my observation, the QC and workmanship (assembly etc) goes downhill because the factory workers tend to rush.

Can't blame the workers because CNY is akin to their Christmas + Thanksgiving celebrations combined.

3. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Are you going to ask for replacement parts or try to do any repairs yourself?

I'm thinking of ordering this guy from BBTS along with Quirinus but I'm seeing mixed reactions from folks posting here. I wonder if the ones BBTS has in stock are from a 2nd batch with an improved tail piece.

If I do get him I'm thinking of asking BBTS if they'd like to go ahead and send a replacement tail piece with the order since I've read so many complaints about it.

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, mine came from the first batch and there's no issues with the tail although the plates behind the head are looser than I'd like.

Just fire an email to BBTS and ask.

5. beigoma

Sent them an email today. Anybody who's recently received one wanna chime in? :tongue: 

6. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

I had the loose fins behind the head. I'm talking really loose. I emailed bbts and was told that they only got 11 sets of replacement parts and that I was out of luck. I posted on planet x's Facebook page asking where to get parts and told them my retailer didn't have any and said they weren't going to get any more sets and got an email from bbts saying they "found a set" a day later. Installation was a pain since I had to take the entire torso apart but it's much better now.

I've always had great customer service from bbts but their CS rep Stephanie is a total dick. Nasty attitude from her and both times I've had to deal with her, she's been very unwilling to fix the issue. Everyone else there has been really great to work with.

7. beigoma

Thanks for the response.

Hmmm. That's the first time I've heard of bad service from BBTS. My two customer experiences with them were great which is why I keep using them. That employee may be an anomaly and I bet BBTS will get rid of them if too many complaints come in.

Did you ever hear back from Planet X on Facebook?

Did the repair require pin removal or was it all screws?

8. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

Yeah it was the only time I've been disappointed with their service.

It was all screws but I had to take the entire torso apart. Turned out to be way more pieces than it looked like. It was worth it though. The new back piece redesigned how the largest fins were riveted onto the spine. The fins were a completely new molding. Head it a little loose on the new balljoint but I can just tighten that up.

9. beigoma

Nice. Thanks again for the info.

10. spacelion77

spacelion77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a first run that I purchased from BBTS back in Feb. My issue was that one of the orange translucent blades that fold out was installed upside-down, preventing complete transformation of the tail. I don't know how I missed it before. Anyway, I posted a photo of the figure and described the problem on Planet X's Facebook page. They responded after about a day and asked me to contact BBTS and that they would coordinate with them for a replacement tail. This morning, I emailed BBTS and attached photos of the Facebook conversation and the problem with the tail. A few hours later I received an email from BBTS that they are taking care of it.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there any trick to tightening the leg ratchets? Just screw them apart and put something in there to cause friction like eraser bits.

12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got my Summ in and found my first real problem: his right foot. The ball joint it's on is very loose. So much so that he can't stand with keeling forward or backwards. I was able to tighten the screws on this ankle somewhat, but still too loose for my comfort. Any of you experience this? If yes, what did you use as a solution?

13. bubbalew

bubbalew Well-Known Member

I cut a couple small pieces of a plastic drinking straw to fit over the ball and stem on the feet. Just make sure it gets tucked inside the socket completely before re-assembly. Tightened mine up perfectly.

14. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

Oh, crap. Is this guy still available from any US vendor, or did I miss the boat?

15. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Practically all U.S. retailers do not have him in stock (though several ones overseas do) ... except one: Planet X PX-04 Summanus Action Figure, Toyarena. They have over 10 atm.

16. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Got one.

17. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a week later... got one too! and Q! finally i will have a respectable set of modern dinos! yay!

18. ReDevil

ReDevil Random Seeker

How was QC @anyone who bought one this month? Got Caleus recently, and ready to jump on the boat now lol

19. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The one I have had some stress mark issues, but it's a pretty good figure overall.

20. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Anyone else have issues with a lot of his joints being very, very loose? On mine, its namely his tail in robot mode, and his hip ratchets