Planet X PX-04 Summanus (FOC Snarl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 20, 2014.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But why would you want to get things first from anyone else if you can get it last from The Source.

2. Lo Streat

Lo Streat Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    RK sent me tracking last night for my Replacement Spines and Replacement Tail for him finally after two months of waiting i'll have a complete Summanus :D 

3. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

This is what has stayed my hand from picking Summanus up :( 

I nabbed Neptune, and love the guy, and definitely plan on grabbing not-Slag and not-Grimlock....but the breakage issues reported with this guy just makes it seem like it's not worth the $.

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Do not be swayed by the comments, Snarl is my fav still of all the Dinobots so far. Both modes look schweeet.

Did you actually break anything, or did you just get it for backup? I didn't even think of asking for those parts, I was only missing a small translucent plastic on the front right dino leg of Snarl. I'm wishing I did ask for replacement spines for backup, damn.

5. BLACKWAR

BLACKWAR Chaos Trinity Decepticon

Yeah, by no means did I mean that everyone was actually having their figures broken, just that I bet if people were as rough as they were with most other TFs with Summanus, something would break. I love my figure and everything is fine for the most part. Just keep in mind that you will have to be careful with transforming, and posing so that you don't risk putting him in a precarious pose in which he might topple.

6. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Got a replacement tail section from RK yesterday: The upright spikes/spines with the flared metal pin aren't loose on the replacement part.

Maybe this fix has already been stated, not gonna start wading backwards through the thread.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  7. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my summanus in a few days ago too. Overall i love the way the guy looks. Hes a tiny bit wobbly though in those ankle joints so i might tighten them up. So far though in terms of design esthetics, Planet X is now 4 for 4. They all look awesome

8. FatedLazarus

FatedLazarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad to hear this. I finally ordered one yesterday but I bundled him with War Dog so it will be a bit before I get him in hand. I really hope mine doesn't have any glaring QC issues because I have never had any issues with a PX purchase before.

9. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cannot wait to get Summanus!! But I am stuck waiting on FoC Slag/Slug and now Leonidas to have all 3 ship at the same time ... DAMN YOU WAIT PERIODS!! ;) 

10. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Got my part few days ago, thanks to RK :thumb 

11. jrhudson

jrhudson Well-Known Member

so mine came in stock at TFSource last week and i had my stack ship on Friday. Its now Wednesday and it hasn't moved. Does TFSource usually drag its feet on shipping stacks?

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    My snarl is still just fine. :) 

13. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My snarl would be better if this stupid sinus congestion would go away :) 

14. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

Did you have to order something else for RK to ship the parts with it? Or did RK provide free shipping?

15. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:

Thrown in with a few TAV items i had just ordered for a friend

I've been critical of RK in the past

So i suppose it's only fair that i mention this all went very well. Maybe the difference is actually Planet X, but RK were very communicative / facilitating.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  16. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

I finally got my Summanus from TFSource about 2 months later than everybody else. Maybe all the waiting paid off, because I don't have any quality issues that I can see. The loose plates behind his robot head that everyone seemed to have are nice and tight on mine. He's fantastic. Easily my favorite of their dinobots so far, and that bar was already set pretty high.

My only quibble is the cutout for the Autobot logo on his dino head is just a little too short for the Reprolabel size it was intended for. Or least it is on my "Cybertron Glow" stickers. I had to cut the second-to-smallest symbol size to get it to fit within the cutout.

17. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not there for the symbol. It's actually a detail from the in game model. The symbol goes on top of his head.

[​IMG]

18. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

Huh. I'll be damned. It certainly looks like a cutout for an Autobot symbol. Well, now that I already got it on there, I think it looks pretty good! :lol 

Also, I know its not the proper transformation, but I like to keep the robot knee pads flipped up in dino mode. It gives it more of a gradual transition along his back.

[​IMG]

19. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Just got my Summanus today and damn is he gorgeous. All I can say is he is near perfect his design is pretty well thought out and I was impressed with the over all design choices. To bad for poor Hexatron since he came in today Hexatron has been having a really crappy day

Attached Files:

20. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    wait, what's this about people needing a new part? Havent bought this guy yet but if I got it now would I run into the risk of needing a replacement part or was that only an RK issue?