Planet X - FOC Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Jan 2, 2016.

1. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Quickly use code CSAVE15OFFMARCH in the checkout box on eBay. Search Planet X Jupiter and find seller who has it for 89.99 very trusted seller. The code will give you $15 off.

2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Received this guy from TCP yesterday. He's ... ok I guess.
    I have no real attachment to the WFC/FOC design (whichever this is) just picked him up for a cool looking Optimus. Except he's not as cool looking as I'd hoped. Lots of swirly plastic all over that feels about mid range in quality, a small head, kind of an awkward design. But he's reasonable posable and comes with a matrix which is kind of cool. Hands are rubbish - not even a seperate pointer finger. But at least they slide off easily so should be able to work out some kind of upgrade.
    Really wish he was a bit bigger and more solid. I have him standing next to Spark Toys Alpha Pack (again a design I have no attachment to) and the difference is significant. Alpha Pack is super solid, glorious plastic and paint, tremendously posable and just has a presence this guy lacks. I don't own any other Planet X figures and I usually collect MP or the MMC IDW stuff. I guess I expected this to be in the same league given the price.
    The axe is nice though.
    Wonder if we'll see an OS KO of this? We got the 2nd Chance os KO of the deluxe, and oversizing seems to be a big thing these days.

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    This is not "on the same level" as alpha pack because they are targeted at two different markets. Alpha pack is meant to be a pre earth masterpiece figure whereas Jupiter is a pre earth chug figure. I'm also pretty sure mmc chug scale figures don't generally have individual pointer fingers either

4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True. And there is an expected difference in size scale and even complexity between MP(even pseudo MP) and this smaller (Voyager?) scale. I can see what you're saying. But the quality and feel on a US$100 figure is a bit disappointing. MMC stuff at the same scale and similar price definitely has a weightier feel. But I just checked my collection and I'll absolutely grant you the articulated hands. MMCs are even worse than these (and that bugs me with them)
    The paint apps are nice on Jupiter and with a bit more effort he is fairly dynamic (as much as possible with that awkward feeling design which of course is true to the source material)
    He's grown on me a bit over night as I've spent more time with him.
    I think my mistake was exactly as you pointed out, comparing him to an Optimus from an MPish line. He's more in line with an MP Carbot and for that, he's pretty good.
    Thanks for the feedback, I think you've helped to reconcile me with this guy a bit more. I still wish he was bigger but for what he is, he'll do fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Yea he's a largish voyager intended to go with other Planet X and official war/fall of cybertron figures which all slot into the chug scale. I don't have Jupiter so I can't specifically criticize the figure, I prefer the first game design. I do however really like the Planet X dinos though I agree that the price on 3p figures is a bit high, it's also because they are made in smaller numbers and generally have higher part counts than official figures which makes them more expensive to produce.

Glad he's growing on you :) 

6. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

How tall is PX-10 Jupiter, compared to a (1984-85) G1 Optimus Prime (which stands about 6.25" from head/antennae to toe)?

7. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh ... pic just above, same page too ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

For those who have this figure, has anyone added in the silver stripes on his ribs? Wonder how it'd look and how easy/difficult it would be.

9. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    After talking about the FoC design with a friend, I got the itch.

It's.... Prime time!!

20170713_102647.jpg

I didn't have any more of the glowing symbols Reprolabels made, so I used my last two of the raised emblems.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

I hope we get an announcement about a black and teal repaint of this guy at TFcon. That would fit in very well with my Darkside Optimus from the WfC game. :) 

11. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It took a while to get used to the shin leg transformation. But I like the look of the bot and the truck.

12. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I like mine, but I don't love him and he really doesn't fit with anything else in my collection. Maybe I should sell him...

13. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I sold most of my Planet X figures but I had to keep 2 and they were this one and Grimlock :D 

14. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Maybe if I had more PX figures I'd like him more? He's just so out of place in my collection, and it's not like I'm hurting for Primes (I have MP10v and Striker Manus in Jupiter's scale, and regular MP-10, YotH Op, and GT's Op Ex in the MP scale).

15. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

Got this guy, debating whether or not to take a silver paint Sharpie to bring out the 2 silver strips on the ribs. It's not gonna match the grey on the figure, but it'd break up the red on his torso.

16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Totally gonna need to pick this up at some point, looks very impressive.

17. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I spent half the day just appreciating the robot mode.

20170713_174810.jpg

And then I spent a good 20 minutes enjoying how to Transform!

20170713_215032.jpg

Muthatruckin' Fist. On. Wheels!

• Like Like x 5
  18. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    After sleeping on it, I like Jupiter but I still don't think he really fits in my collection. If you're in the continental US and want this guy I'll sell you mine, compete with box. He's got Autobot symbols on his shoulders. $80 shipped.

EDIT: Sold.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    3 times in a row, nice.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Just had my Jupiter's shoulder pad snap off after 1 week...... Awesome. Betting I'm SOL as i bought it off ebay.