Planet X Apollo (FOC Ultra Magnus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Jul 15, 2017.

1. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

FoC Magnus is NOT an Optimus in Armor. PX nailed every other release they've done. This...This is just a slap to the face of the people that wanted an accurate FoC Magnus. I hate this....Planet X won't be making a different, more accurate Magnus. This is so inaccurate in alt mode and in robot mode. It's like they just took the cash grab route for this instead of actually putting effort into an actual figure like EVERY OTHER FOC/WFC FIGURE THEY'VE DONE!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

That's how I felt when I first saw this figure, which is ultimately what turned me off from continuing buy their stuff for a while. I just got back into PX because of the battle damaged Apocalypse and then I'm getting the exact same vibes you have here with their new announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lordmegatron64

I still want their other figures. This is the ONLY one I've skipped. Which is a real shame because the in game model looks like it would be a fun figure to mess with.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bob 121

Huh, see I find that strange because in my opinion Ultra Magnus is far closer to his screen version (from what I remember, I'd have to really compare) than I remember Ironhide and ratchet. Those two just look plain wrong to me, not even being held up side by side to the game models.

But the whole partsforming thing and an armored up magnus is such a slap in the face I suppose I can see why it's worse to some people.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The robot mode does look very close, but a transformer has to be more than just one mode. The alt mode and the transformation itself have to tie everything together, if you're going to spend that much on a figure.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lordmegatron64

Considering Ironhide and Ratchet would be damn near impossible to pull off without some SERIOUS engineering skills....I'm actually quite content with their offerings. The Back pack I can excuse because the robot modes and vehicle modes look damn good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lordmegatron64

Looks close until you look at it from the waist down...

8. Bob 121

This is true. With the price it's sold for they really don't get the pass a retail figure would have when they scarifice accuracy on one mode for another.

I guess all we can hope for is one day another company will come across and do it? I can't imagine PX would do a V2.

From what we've seen I really have to disagree, but I'm hoping some colored shots will make me see it differently. That's pretty much what happened with the insecticons.

9. lordmegatron64

I mean, Ratchet and Ironhide are still in the render stage. So they may tweak some things here and there.

10. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I look at this as FOC UM + Transformers Prime's UM's head- because to me it screams Transformers Prime Ultra Magnus.

I'm glad you say it has a lot of articulation, because it doesn't look like it does.

Exactly how tall is he?

11. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    whats the QC on this figure? I'm toying with the idea of getting him sooner than later. The biggest problems I've seen mentioned is that he isn't totally game accurate, but that doesn't bother me. Never beat the first one let alone started the 2nd one (I pretty much gave up on video games all together to be honest). the other problem I've seen is that people are underwhelmed with his hammer. AGain, doesn't bother me that much. Aside for those two issues, is he worth getting?

• Like Like x 1
  12. timorvitae

timorvitae Well-Known Member

He's worthy. I wasn't pretty sure about getting him, but having him in hand changed my mind. He looks awesome!
    I'm planning on getting a hammer (maybe from Shapeways) to display him.

13. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thanks. I wound up getting him. I like him a lot! Still have to take more pics of him though

14. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I pretty much gave up on games too. Actually gave up on WFC figures too begrudgingly. Got to sell this Pluto and Jupiter and my hands will be washed of it

15. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's really too bad that we can't get these games anymore on the current consoles. I still think that these figures are fantastic stylized versions even if you aren't into the game, but it's probably smart for Planet X to move away from strict accuracy to an 8 year old game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how this is a thing, yet people are going nuts trying collect current 3p figs with an accuracy that's 3 decades old

There is a meme out there for this, I just know it! :lol 

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  17. lordmegatron64

There is nothing accurate about this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. chonosmoon

chonosmoon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    any chance they will just release an armor kit that you can put on thier jupiter?

19. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I would say it is extremely unlikely.

20. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only transformed him once and he's staying in robot armored mode all these time. Didn't even have a chance to put the armor on for the alt.mode. The reason, I just can't get the cab T bumper to interlock with each other. I think the T peg is too fat and need to shave off.

I'm not fond of the Jupiter/white Magnus base mode transformation. It's too stiff and tight, I feel like I'm going to break the feet transformation.

Other than this, the armored robot UM looks magnificent!