Planet, Ore, Titan, Prime (*Spoilers*)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Inanimate Carbon Rodimus, May 6, 2018.

1. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

EDIT - With the release of Unicron #6, the full list of colony worlds, Ores, Titans and Primes has been revealed in a back-up feature. I'm reproducing that list below - listed "Planet, Ore, Titan, Prime" - along with a few other notes. Below this final list, I'm retaining the original 'speculative' post from before the official confirmation was released.

- Lenocinium Velnero-117 (LV-117) - Consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-1 ("Time") - Chronal manipulation properties
    - Tempo - Deceased, cause unknown
    - Vector Prime - Last seen in the ancient past, status in modern times unknown

- Gorlam Prime - Destroyed during "Dark Cybertron", remains consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-2 ("Death") - Death/decay-inducing properties
    - Quintessa/Necrotitan - Destroyed during Dark Cybertron
    - Quintus Prime - Never appeared on-panel, status in modern times unknown

- Prion - Colony destroyed by Black Block Consortia, planet consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-3 ("Size") - Never appeared on-panel, presumably size manipulation properties
    - Prion - Destroyed by Black Block Consortia
    - Micronus Prime - Active in the Microverse into modern times, cast through time by Shazraella

- Caminus - Consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-4 ("Gravity") - Gravity nullification/amplification properties
    - Caminus - Body disassembled, brain module remained functional until planet was consumed by Unicron
    - Solus Prime - Killed by Megatronus in the ancient past

- Divisiun - Consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-5 ("Combination") - Never appeared on-panel, presumably allowed combination abilities, possibly akin to the Enigma of Combination
    - Divisiun - Destroyed in crash-landing during initial colonization of the planet
    - Nexus Prime - Killed by Galvatron in the ancient past

- Arduria - Devastated by Regenesis Ore, remains consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-6 ("Cold") - Capable of sapping thermal energy
    - Metrobase - Deceased, cause unknown
    - Alchemist Prime - Last seen in the ancient past, status in modern times unknown

- Antilla - Transformed into Unicron, weapon of vengeance. Ultimately destroyed by the Talisman and Optimus Prime.
    - Ore-7 ("Change") - Transmutational properties
    - Nemesis - Integrated into Unicron's eye and transformation cog, destroyed along with Unicron
    - Alpha Trion - Killed in modern times in an explosion engineered by Onyx Prime

- Tsiehshi - Rendered uninhabitable in the ancient past, consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-8 ("Destruction") - Highly radioactive and explosive crystals
    - Metroplex - Currently functional on Earth
    - Megatronus - Killed by Onyx Prime in the ancient past

- Velocitron - Consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-9 ("Space") - Teleportation properties
    - Navitas - Functional into modern times, destroyed when planet was consumed by Unicron
    - Amalgamous Prime - Never appeared on-panel, status in modern times unknown

- Carcer - Destroyed above Cybertron in the battle with Unicron
    - Ore-10 ("Deception")** - Capable of reprogramming/manipulating minds
    - Vigilem - Brain module destroyed by Elita-1, mind destroyed by Windblade, body destroyed by Unicron
    - Liege Maximo - Killed by Arcee in modern times
    **It is currently unclear from where Ore-10 originated. The remaining 13 Regenesis Ores were seeded on various planets, however Carcer is not a Colony 'planet', but the modified body of the Titan Vigilem.

- Eukaris - Consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-11 ("Evolution") - Never appeared on-panel, properties unknown
    - Chela - Killed by Starscream in modern times
    - Onyx Prime - Effectively never existed. The 'original' Onyx was killed and his identity co-opted by a time-traveling Shockwave, who subsequently acted as 'Onyx Prime' throughout Cybertron's history. Shockwave currently detained on Earth.

- Elonia - Consumed by Unicron
    - Ore-12 ("Protection") - Capable of forming a bonded armor for living beings
    - Emissary - Killed by Arcee in modern times
    - Prima - Killed by Megatronus in the ancient past

- Earth - Survived assault by Unicron, current home to all survivors of Cybertron and its colonies
    - Ore-13 ("Power") - Provides a massive, short-lived power boost to Cybertronians
    - Metrotitan - Destroyed by Shockwave in modern times
    - Optimus Prime - Destroyed in the final battle with Unicron. It is unclear whether or not Optimus actually was "The Arisen" in this continuity.

- Cybertron - Destroyed by Unicron
    - Ore-14 ("Resurrection") - Capable of reviving the dead, rebuilding damaged structures and preventing death from fatal injuries
    - Trypticon - Destroyed by Unicron during the final battle above Earth
    - Cybertron was not specifically associated with a particular Prime. Prior to its destruction, the planet was led by Windblade

EDIT - Thanks to everyone who has posted in the thread below. I've been making edits to this original post to incorporate new information and solid theories brought up by others in the thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something I was thinking about in the Unicron #0 FCBD thread that I thought might be more interesting as it's own thread. One thing I'm hoping this series will finally resolve is the exact correlation between the colony worlds, the Regenesis ores, the Titans and the Primes.

Here's what we have CONFIRMED right now, as far as I could find, listed [Planet] - [Ore] - [Titan] - [Prime]:

Caminus --- Ore-4 --- Caminus --- Solus
    Elonia --- Ore-12 --- Emissary --- Prima
    LV-117 --- Ore-1 --- ??? --- ???
    Gorlam Prime --- Ore-2 --- Necrotitan* --- ???
    Arduria --- Ore-6 --- ??? --- ???
    Antilla --- ??? --- Nemesis --- Alpha Trion
    Tsiehshi --- Ore-8 --- ??? --- ???
    Velocitron --- Ore-9 --- Navitas --- ???
    Earth --- Ore-13 --- Metrotitan --- ???
    Devisiun --- ??? --- ??? --- ???
    Prion --- ??? --- Prion --- Micronus
    Eukaris --- ??? --- Chela --- Onyx
    Carcer** --- ??? --- Vigilem --- Liege Maximo

- Ores unaccounted for - Five - Ore-7, Ore-10 and three others
    - Titans unaccounted for - Four - Tempo and three others
    - Primes unaccounated for - Eight - Amalgamous, Nexus, Alchemist, Vector, Megatronus, The Arisen, Quintus

NOTES
    * It is not clear whether the Necrotitan is a colony Titan or associated with any particular Prime. I'm leaving it in this listing for now due to Necrotitan's clear association with Gorlam Prime and Ore-2. However, if the identity of the Prime associated with Gorlam is revealed and that Prime turns out to have a different colony Titan, I'll adjust the listing appropriately.
    ** Based on dialogue in Unicron #1, there does not appear to be a planet associated with Liege Maximo and Carcer is effectively the 'colony world' for that Prime.

SPECULATION

- Megatronus dies on Tsiehshi, so this is very likely his planet
    - Given the association between their names, Tempo seems likely as Vector Prime's Titan. A similar association suggests LV-117 as Vector Prime's planet.
    - Optimus is most likely the Prime of Earth; whether he is actually The Arisen is currently unknown
    - As the Devisiuns possess combination abilities, Nexus is a logical choice as their Prime
    - Alchemist Prime has been floated as a possibility for the Prime of Velocitron, given the initial colonists were scientists.
    - Ore-10 is described as a 'crystal that fuels deception'. Given Liege Maximo's description as the "Prime of Deceit", could this be his Ore?
    - Shockwave does mention during Dark Cybertron that not all of the Regenesis Ores took root, thus it may be possible that some of unidentified Ores were unsuccessful and simply do not exist

-----------------------------------------------------------------

STATUS LIST

Planets
    - Antilla - Transformed into Unicron by the effects of an anti-Cybertronian doomsday weapon
    - Gorlam Prime - Apparently destroyed during Dark Cybertron; remains (?) consumed by Unicron
    - Prion - Population wiped out by Black Block Consortia; consumed by Unicron
    - LV-117 - Consumed by Unicron
    - Elonia - Consumed by Unicron
    - Eukaris - Consumed by Unicron
    - Velocitron - Consumed by Unicron
    - Caminus - Consumed by Unicron
    - Devisiun - Consumed by Unicron
    - Arduria - Consumed by Unicron
    - Tsiehshi - Consumed by Unicron
    - Carcer - Destroyed by Unicron
    - Earth - Last seen intact

Ores
    - Ore-1 - "Time" - Time travel
    - Ore-2 - "Death" - Causes decay to living beings; capable of creating portals to the Dead Universe
    - Ore-3 - ???
    - Ore-4 - "Gravity" - Levitation of objects by negating gravity; can counteract Victorion's gravity powers
    - Ore-5 - ???
    - Ore-6 - "Cold" - Absorbs and drains heat from its surroundings
    - Ore-7 - "Change" - Curative properties
    - Ore-8 - "Destruction" - Highly radioactive and explosive
    - Ore-9 - "Space" - Capable of moving objects through space
    - Ore-10 - "Deception" - Fuels deception; used by Shockwave to reprogram Metrotitan's mind
    - Ore-11 - ???
    - Ore-12 - [Unnamed] - Capable of bonding with living beings and forming a powerful armor
    - Ore-13 - "Power Itself" - Provides Cybertronians with a massive, albeit short-lived, power boost
    - Ore-14 - "Regeneration" - Capable of resurrecting the dead and rebuilding damaged/destroyed structures. The 'Cybertronian' Ore, pre-dates the Regenesis Project and could also be considered 'Ore-0'.

Titans
    - [Unnamed Devisen Titan] - Destroyed in crash-landing during initial colonization of Devisiun, remains consumed by Unicron
    - Emissary - Brain module destroyed by Arcee, remains consumed by Unicron
    - Prion - Destroyed by the Black Block Consortia, remains consumed by Unicron
    - Chela - Killed by Starscream, remains presumably consumed by Unicron
    - Navitas - Consumed by Unicron
    - Metrotitan - Destroyed by Shockwave, remains presumably consumed by Unicron
    - Necrotitan - Destroyed during Dark Cybertron
    - Caminus - Body disassembled, brain module still functional, consumed by Unicron
    - Vigilem - Brain module destroyed by Elita-1, mind destroyed by Windblade, body destroyed by Unicron
    - Nemesis - Integrated into Unicron, functioning as his right eye and transformation cog
    - Tempo - Confirmed to exist as one of the colony Titans, status unknown
    - Metroplex - Injured during Dark Cybertron and the zombie Titan invasion, currently on Earth**
    - Trypticon - Alive and intact, currently on Earth***

It is currently unknown whether Metroplex is one of the colony Titans and/or affiliated with a particular Prime. However, he is a prominent Titan, so including him on this list.
    *** Trypticon does not appear to be a colony Titan and/or affiliated with a particular Prime However, he is a prominent Titan, so including him on this list.

Primes
    - Prima - Killed by Megatronus in ancient past
    - Solus Prime - Killed by Megatronus in ancient past
    - Megatronus - Killed by Shockwave/Onyx Prime in ancient past
    - Nexus Prime - Killed by Galvatron in ancient past
    - Alpha Trion - Killed in an explosion presumably engineered by Shockwave/Onyx Prime
    - Liege Maximo - Killed by Arcee in modern times
    - Onyx Prime - Effectively never existed; identity co-opted by a time-displaced Shockwave. Shockwave currently active
    - Micronus Prime - Functional in the Microverse into modern times; last seen cast through time by Shazraella
    - The Arisen - Status unknown; may be Optimus Prime
    - Vector Prime - Status unknown; last seen in ancient past
    - Alchemist Prime - Status unknown; last seen in ancient past
    - Quintus Prime - Status unknown
    - Amalgamous Prime - Status unknown

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts, additions, subtractions, stuff I missed, etc?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

If we can say Prima's planet was Elonia, it's a safe bet Tsiehshi was Megatronus'. Unlikely JB would double back on such an up-front implication like that at this point.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh, crap, I didn't even think of the Salvvatan VIII connection!

I think trying to thematically connect the Primes to the ores is dubious, though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Updated the first post with a 'status' list.

I think that's very likely, but not quite 100% confirmed yet IMO. If enough other people think I should change it, I'll update the list.

Yeah, it's a little too convenient that Vector Prime would be LV-117 and Ore-1 (and even Tempo, for that matter) so I left it in 'speculation'.

5. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'd peg Regalis V as an Ore-7 candidate, rather than Salvvatan VIII itself. It's near to Salvvatan, has kooky stuff going on in the form of gigantic plants, and Onyx's troops were there for some reason .

• Like Like x 4
  6. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Hadn't thought of that one!

Another for the list somewhere might be Antilla - Shockwave/Onyx set up shop there and it was apparently the location of another destroyed Cybertronian colony. That gives Antilla, Regalis V and Salvvatan VIII as potential candidates for two remaining planets.

7. Sidesprey

Sidesprey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suggest you add the list of ores and its powers to your post. Maybe we could find a connection with the powers of the Ores and the Primes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Don't forget Ore 0/14 resurrection, located on Cybertron underneath the Crystal City!

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Wow, I was thinking of making this thread myself later at some point. Saves me the effort, lol

Is Necrotitan actually the Colony Titan of Gorlam Prime or is he actually a second Titan that came by later? If I'm remembering things properly, Waspinator hacked into his Spacebridge and landed him there way after the fact.

Also, can we really say that Liege Maximo/Vigilem/Carcer had their own planet or ore, as their people were nomads?

I saw some speculation on tfwiki that Velocitron might be Alchemist's colony, due to their original status as scientists

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Dates; we do know Shockwave ended up (or started?) in 12 million BCE, and that the First Cybertronian Civil War took place around 10 million BCE (according to RiD #34). Alpha Trion also states in that issue that all the remaining Primes except him fled Cybertron in that era, although we don't directly see them.

11. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Done. So far, the only Ore that is specifically tied to a particular Prime is Ore-12 with Prima. Although, as noted above by Agamus, it's highly likely that Tsiehshi is Megatronus' planet, which would specifically tie him to Ore-8. And assuming Optimus as the Prime of Earth, that ties him to Ore-13. If we're going by Ore properties, than Vector Prime seems a likely candidate for Ore-1. Maybe Amalgamous for Ore-7?

That's right, I forgot about that. I'll make an edit to the first post to reflect it.

Any idea how long the Necrotitan was on Gorlam Prime? If it was long enough, the Necrotitan could be a Colony Titan and potentially the source of life on Gorlam. In that case, the Necrotitan may be associated with one of the Primes whose Titan is currently unknown.

It's true the Carcerians didn't have a planet of their own, but there may be a world that has some association with Liege Maximo and Shockwave sent Maximo's Regenesis Ore to that world.

I prepared this under the idea more of association than direct specific connections. In some cases, the connection is very direct and specific - for example, Emissary carrying Prima's body crashed on Elonia and that's where Shockwave sent the Ore-12 rocket. In other cases, one factor links the others - for example, there's an unknown planet associated with Liege Maximo that has an Ore and Maximo had a Titan...but Liege Maximo is the only connection that Titan has with the planet and it's Ore.

Admittedly, this is kind of a working idea, so any tips on adjusting it are welcome.

That would make sense.

12. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Junkion also seems like a potential colony, since I don't think they would have made such a big deal of it in the first arc of OP if it wasn't going to come back later.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Added a 'potential Colony/Ore worlds' list to the Speculation section.

14. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

I recall Necrotitan's city mode looking rather Quintessonish in Heart of Darkness, so he might be Quintus Prime's titan?

• Like Like x 1
  15. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn’t they show up in a Quintesson looking spiral ship, too?

• Like Like x 4
  16. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized that perhaps Barbers direction also ties up why that Quintesson said to Megatron in Monstrosity “see anything familiar about this race?” That’ll be awesome if it does.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, all of Ore-14 was destroyed during Dark Cybertron (and Crystal City's also gone).

18. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

The Quintessons are a big, open question in all this. They have an established connection to both the Junkions and LV-117, but neither of those planets seem to be the Quintesson homeworld. They also have a connection to Quintus in other continuities, but haven't made enough appearance to know much about them in this continuity.

19. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon "It's all right, I'm an emergency vehicle!"

My theory is that Junkion was the first planet that Onyx-Shockwave and Megatronus conquered.

The titan Tempo was a crew of philosophers, maybe their way of finding truth was exploring the first colony world (possibly a stretch, but Elita One somehow knew about the Tempo crew) The Quintesson (Pentius) said that it used to be a rich place but they used up their resources. Before Vigilem was exiled, Onyx-Shockwave could have destroyed Tempo's spacebridge to hide Vigilem's spacebridge, cutting off Junkion's resources so their civilization could devolve (and become another one of Shockwave's social experiments). Then once the autobots and decepticons showed up on Junkion, Onyx-Shockwave destroyed the planet's core (even Soundwave couldn't confirm which side destabilized the planet) to hide the evidence of the planet's history and possibly Tempo's body.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Cool theory! It also brings up another Shockwave connection, specifically his possible involvement in the destruction of Junkion; not unreasonable to think he intentionally destroyed Junkion's core to obscure his prior meddling with the planet. Added a bit about that to the 'Junkion' section in the first post.

• Like Like x 1