Piranacon! what a cool toy!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, I picked up Piranacon yesterday at the London MCM Expo and thought I would write a mini appreciation thread for this guy.
    He is now my favourite combiner although I've not played with predaking yet. I love all his various weapon options, the fact you can mount nearly all of the little bots weapons on him when he's Piranacon and most of all, how you can mount the legs on him backwards or forwards and neither looks wrong.
    I think my favourite feature has to be how you can turn overbight into an insane tripple barrled BFG by mounting 3 tripod rifles on him and, if you put tentakill backwards as the right leg, the king of the sea can even point and hold it.
    Also,I love the beast modes, so shamelessly silly. A shark with legs that looks more like a t-rex? a fish with a turbine to propell it? :)  suuuuure. That's not sarchasm by the way i really do love the beast modes including the fact that their mouths open. My favourite transformer of the month is officially snaptrap, such a fantastic elegant transformer and a flying weaponised turtle to boot for an alt mode, where his turtle shell becomes the robots shield.
    Most of all though I love how this guy looks like he belongs in the sea. When i saw seawing as the left arm in an almost shield configuration I thought, wow that's like a giant crustation of some kind.

So if you haven't guessed already, I love this thing. For anyone who hasn't got one and is wondering, get him, he's an absolute blast!

2. Hosta

Hosta Banned

aye...the SEACONS! although Tenakil didn't look much like a squid

3. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LOL None of them look like much of anything, though TBH that's why I love them so much. after wibblywobbly Superion where all his bits looked so similar, it was a welcome change.

4. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    Post pics!!! Thanks

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

He's amazing. Completely worth the $60 he originally went for at BBTS, and a complete complete steal for anything less.

6. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I have him and He's P. Cool. ATM, I have him Divided into his Component Seacons in their respective Beast Modes (in Tentakil's Case, his Vaguely Beast Mode) Though I can, at any given Time combine them back into King Coral because I've got their Combiner Kibble Nearby.
    One Gripe I have about the BBTS Piranhacon; One of his fists is too tight to hold his weapons.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yep, it does rock!

8. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

He's a cool looking combiner but I vastly prefer God Neptune's colour scheme.

9. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Yeppers, he is cool.

I got my original and the reissue.

U cant go wrong either way($30 for a G1 combiner with one off color fig? easy choice).

I think he's like 33$ or something at BBTS last time I saw it there(last week)

10. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Strangeguy, I think mine has the same issue with his fist, the right one to be exact. It holds the targetmaster component but hard to hold snaptraps sword or gun.
    What I eventually did was gently fexerted a lot of force on the flat top side of snaptraps gun until it popped into place. ONce it's in place it swivles almost on a joint and i noticed it was easier putting it in a second time. I don't tend to have him hold the target master, instead I have overbite desplayed with tripple barrles and 2 of the connectors forming a super cannon on a stand beside him. I figure having a weapon arm that's as heavy as a limb is bound to wear out the combiner ratchets after a while.

Anyone know if the CD waste plate sword or cannons are worth getting? not sure i want the head and I don't own any CD stuff, I know all the positives and negatives about CD, just don't want it to scratch the figure up as I won't be able to see if it does.

11. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I have 3 versions of this toy now (BBTS reissue, TFCC and God Neptune), and love each of them.

One of the best g1 toys by far!

12. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Everyone should own a Piranacon.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    With the reissue for nearly $35, no one has a reason to pass on it. It's an absolute steal for that price.

14. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want a real one that I can set on my upstairs neighbour :) 
    BTW, one thing that makes me roar with laughter about this toy is his choice of weapons. With menasor you have an ioniser sword, predaking has a sonic sword but what does the underwater guy get? an incendiary sword.
    "megatron, wy isn't my weapon working?" "You're underwater moron, it keeps going out!"

15. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's a lovely beastie isn't he? So much fun to play around with :D 

So much truth in this.

16. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully Seacon will be issue under the Encore packaging

17. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

i got a feeling we might get a homage of this guy and other monstrous decepticons in Beast Hunters next year

18. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Stepper that's a nice idea, what really concerns me about these combiners in Encore is the mold degridation. Scalor already has a little on his snout and i've heard snaptrap has a lot on his hips. Also, the combiner pegs really aren't fantastically tight. I wonder if in the future, the molds they use will be preserved better for longer.

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I must be one of the few that didn't like him. I remember getting him as a kid and thing....WTF.....but like Fort Max he got me a few quid when I sold him on complete when I later found my childhood collection.

20. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had really no issues with mold degradation on the bbts reissue. The big problem for me was just the stickers, which reprolabels has the replacement set for so no big deal. The toys themselves though were pretty fantastic.