Pics of Leader Class ROTF Starscream Prototype (head and claw)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by guard convoy, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I hope it has a screen accurate "Detachable Arm" gimmick.

Still not sure what all the fuss is about in this thread. This figure, so far, appears to be the most accurate Bayformer Starscream figure we've seen. That's a tremendous plus in my eyes. But, I guess if you don't like the movie-verse, you have something to complain about.

I fully intend to pose this guy upside down with Prime standing on his face.

2. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    Who put you in charge?

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    *buzzer* wrong. A voice that is NOT Hugo Weaving says "Megatron!" as the Megatronosaurus lands in the alley. After landing, while rising, Megatron merely growls and "rolls his eyes". (As if disgusted by the poor performance of his warrior).

I've listened to the scene several times, including with $499 Shure monitor studio headphones. It's definitely not the same modulated voice as Megatron. It's slightly higher and raspier, and has a whiny tone to it, perfectly suited to a mentally ill robot that just had his hand cut off.

Plus, it makes no sense for Megatron to land in a deserted alley, and say his own name to no one. In the hanger, it made sense to say "I AM MEGATRON!" to the weak humans who thought he could be contained... but alone in an alley while a subordinate is getting owned by a bunch of GM products? C'mon, THINK.

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly thought it was megs saying his own name as well... That same lower pitched raspy voice was used in rotf while megs rised behind megan fox in the abandoned warehouse scene.. I could be very wrong though..

5. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Listen again. It's definitely not Hugo Weaving saying "Megatron"... It *is* Megatron doing the grumbling growl, but it is, in fact, Brawl who is crying out for Megatron for assistance. If you listen closely, you can definitely hear a tiny whine in the voice. It is definitely not Megatron trying to remind himself what his own name is.

Anyway... before someone tries to claim this is hijacking the thread, I am officially bowing out of this thread, and my final remarks are thus:

"Leader Starscream is Ohmygodicannotbelievethisistocoolsweetgeebusimusthavethisdeargodthereisapartyinmypantsimust runtothestoreandpreorder45ofthesesoicanoutnerdeveryoneontheboards cool.

6. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    He's not, but he's a very well-spoken member that deserves your respect. Besides, you made the typical "OMG THIS IS SO COOL I MUST POST (10000000000000 BAY EMOTICONS/EVERY EMOTICON IN THE SELECTION)!!!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!" reply that annoys everyone on the boards so much.

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Incorrect. If you watch that scene, he unmistakably mouths "Megatron" as he lands, specifically when he crouches. In the following shot, he turns and growls something indecipherable.

Yea, it doesn't make sense, but that's what happened.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  8. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

You're all wrong.

Han shot first.

9. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, Alderaan shot first.

/off topic

Gosh I want that Starscream.

10. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

LoL...

I want that figure too. Its going to be epic.

11. Echnalaid

Echnalaid Watermelons?

Ebay:
    That Starscream's like sex if it was in the form of an action figure.

12. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:

Hah. Had to try it once, you know. Eh, well, I don't have to if I don't want to.