Pics of Leader Class ROTF Starscream Prototype (head and claw)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by guard convoy, Oct 13, 2009.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Hmm, he's more popular than you think ;)  Plus, his onscreen ACTION was better than in ROTF.

I do agree about the Blackout vs BB leader probability ; after all, Brawl was a got the Leader treatment too.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I think the big draw for Leader class Prime, Brawl, Jetfire & Starscream, as well as the interest people have for a Leader class Blackout, is because they're all robots that actually turn into something... truck, tank, jets, helicopter. Both versions of Leader Megs, however, turn into alien nonsense that don't really look like anything, thereby making the whole transformation process and engineering a lot less interesting.

On that same note, I personally think a Leader class version of The Fallen would be completely wasted considering his so-called 'alt' mode is even more ridiculous than each of Megatron's are. Add to that the fact that he didn't even transform in the movie at all, I don't think kids would be rushing out to buy a bigger and more expensive version when the (awful) Voyager already does the trick in filling that character gap.

If they were brave enough to make a 5th Leader class for ROTF, I'd definitely jump on the Blackout/Grindor bandwagon. If nothing else it would make for a decently in-scale selection of all the main characters.

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Pretender Starscream and Supreme Cybertron Starscream never did. :)  Up until recently the Energon Starscream mold was on that list too (only having redecos as Starscream - not another character). Plus the Voyager you mentioned. Mega SCF PVC figure didn't too, if you count non-transforming figures (3H was going to redeco it into Skywarp, but it never was released).

Umm... yeah. Sure he isn't. I'd say #2 or #1 in any line he appears in for the most part including the film.

Randy

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    No Decepticons got serious screentime. You had Megatronosaurus Rex and that was it. Everything else was Sam this and soldiers that. Barely even any Autobot screentime too. As for popularity, Starscream is in the top 5 of recognizable Transformers even to non fans. Up there with Prime, Soundwave, Megatron, and Grimlock.

Brawlastator didn't deserve a Leader figure. The character was a joke in the movie.

Supreme toy was a blown up version of the Japanese voyager figure. It was recycled into all sorts of seekers, so I consider it the same toy, even at double the size.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was hilarious how he was a major combatant in the huge final battle. The way the entire scene revolved around him had me rolling in the aisles.

6. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Leader Starscream WILL be mine!!!!!!!

7. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    ...Please tell me you're joking. We've already gotten an Ultimate-Class Bumblebee (twice) and a Human Alliance Bumblebee. A Leader-Class Bumblebee is only going to make me sigh in disbelief.

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    What the hell? I can see why due to popularity, but as a fan, what I wonder is:

how can it surpass the already awesome Human Alliance version?

The Human Alliance version is the definitive movie Bumblebee figure for me. If the leader version, if made, surpasses it, then cool. I'd rather see Blackout made as a leader figure in it's place though.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks nice. Very detailed.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that doesn't compute at all. I'd guess he's easily the fourth most popular Transformer, behind you-know-which-three.

It probably helps that he's had a major role in nearly every TV series and despite a supposed lack of screentime inspired much of the advertising campaign for both live-action films (they show him transform THREE TIMES in the movie 1 trailer and he was a preview fig along with Prime).

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Dammit! Everyone said the good puns already!

I shrieked like a little school girl when I saw this. This is bought on sight most definetley :D 

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    NICE! Do want! Hope one arm is detachable! :D 

13. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow..some more pictures posted in the meantime and man..is he BADASS. So much molded awesomeness. There's even a Con symbol molded in there somewhere.

This looks so ridiculously good, the final painted product can only disappoint! :eek: 

14. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is so bought twice. He looks incredible. and not super kibbly.

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow, did the HA just get bitchslapped. :lol 

I'll believe it when I see it, true the starscream rumours turned out good as did the mp megatron and grimlock ones but for now I'll just make do with the HA.

16. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2... I shall have 2. 1 for each mode. And when there's clearence I'll buy more for a still life transformation sequence.

17. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I must admit he looks pretty good.

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    So you consider the Legends sized Cybertron Megatron the same figure as the Leader sized Cybertron Megatron, because by your logic they are the same figure despite being different molds and having no parts the same. By that logic, than the Classics Starscream mold is pretty much the same figure as the G1 figure...

Randy

19. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I want some super robot ass kissing action with this figure. The big mouth so he can kiss megatons arse. Although I do love this figure. Also if you look on the middle of the back I think I figured out how the top part of the plane is transformed. Theres a hing on the back of his neck which makes me think the panel on his back and the jet nose connect over his head to form the top. Then the legs and arms form the bottom. Also the Leader Jetfire was made to be able to analy probe optimus to form the powered up prime. Thats why it looks so odd.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, that, and the the SR-71 lacks serious mass for the engineers to work with in the first place. It's all thin wing and skinny fuselage. With those constraints in mind, it'd be pretty hard to design a robot toy that does all the things that Jetfire's supposed to do.

I wish they'd at least have found a way to reconcile the engines, but in the end, it doesn't really matter that much.

The Raptor, on the other hand, has a much more favourable fuselage-to-wing ratio, in terms of having places to hide robot parts.