Pics from Hasbro Toy Fair Event

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Feb 15, 2014.

1. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I have my eye on a lot of the AOE Constructbot line!

2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Evasion mode Optimus Prime looks great imo. The G1 infusion works really well here. Botmode's paint apps lack a bit but they're pretty good on the truck mode.

3. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cant wait to see the official images later today!

4. stormbringer251

stormbringer251 Well-Known Member

I like the generations for the most part. But the robot mode of the flat nosed optimus however...

5. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

So far I like:

Age Of Extinction Leader Grimlock
    Generations Deluxe Rattrap
    Generations Leader Jetfire

Although I already have Classics Jetfire.

The new IDW Sky-Byte is not enough of a improvement over the RID Mega to warrant a purchase.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    MOVIE TOYS!!!

[​IMG]

7. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I'm definitely getting Hound and Crosshairs!

All in all, I'm happy with what we're getting. People can be so angry and passionate sometimes. Not to say the one step stuff is great, but why be upset? Its not marketed for you. It'd be like getting upset over eating baby food and not liking it.

You're not supposed to. Its baby food.

For babies.

8. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    So.....Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock rerelease? I'll take that...

9. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    After not giving in into a single DOTM line toy and seeing these images I love my ROTF Leader Prime, Starscream and Battleblade Bee even more. Sadly it seems we will never see toys with that level of complexity:( 

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    He has his other head too.

11. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    I hope there'll be Titan Class Trypticon to go with Metroplex

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    There's actually some really cool stuff this year. It might be a fitting anniversary after all. Lots of awesome surprises.

but but but ...

I can't believe it's 2014 and they're still using Alex Kubalsky's Bumblebee leg transformation after all these years.

[​IMG]

Of course there was never anything wrong with it, but anything gets stale sixth time around. Mix it up a little. Reinvent that shit.

13. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm verrrry slooooowly working my way through these, lol. TFW isn't the only laggy site.

Obviously any and all Legends 2-packs are bought, except maybe Acid Storm...and even he's weirdly tempting.

For Leaders I think I'm sticking with the Classics, though I do appreciate that Generations is giving us as large a Grimlock as they can muster.

All Generations Voyagers are very tempting. Classics ones are bought. I think I have to bite on Evasion Optimus as well. What a great bit of fanservice to work into the story of the 30th anniversary movie! That is really close to Classics style, deliberately for once. Galvatron looks...ok, the vehicle mode and purple highlights are nice. The "main" Optimus looks impressively posable. Grimlock... eh.

Jhiaxus looks cool even though the colors aren't perfect. As usual I'm buying the DC themed stuff. AoE Deluxes don't look as amazing, but my samurai fetish may net me a Drift. And I'm looking forward to seeing Dinobots on shelves again, may at least get a Slug and the feathery one.

AoE's characters are remarkably consistent across lines, unlike DotM. Could we be in for another manageable cast, like movie 1?

15. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Legends Brawn nor Gnaw?

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Insulting people over what they think . Yep, this is the Transformers fandom.

17. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

Can everyone stop whining going now? The Generations toys look ace!

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Hasbro Deluxes are lacking in a nice paint finish hopefully Takara will sort that out for you. May make a big difference on a few of them.

Is Hound Mr Tickle in this movie then - with extendible bendy arms ?

And yet Robot mode wise new we can see him properly he reminds me of a Special Forces guy from a Call of Duty Game (aside from the bendy arms - which are not actually bendy).

Oh and if you like this stuff think on this. That giant dumb dinosaur that cost £79.99 and has giant legions quality tat that sits on him and make him react different depending which one - might be fun for an afternoon if your 8. but it your not 8 then like me perhaps you are wondering why they made that when there is a ready desire for a WFC Trypticon toy ?

Such a toy only needs to be as big as he needs to be to be sat on by a suitable Optimus and a Deluxe one would have likely served just as well in that role - or a Voyager at a pinch. giant over inflated One step toys to me just eat into Rescue Bots market share and take up a lot of shelf space and slot space from other toys that could have been made in boxes.

Oh and one note - not a single missing character from a previous movie (like Scrapper) and also still no Lockdown yet despite him actually being in Age of Extinction.

And really one of those flip change like things could have been Scrapmetal at least let alone Laserbeak in one of his other modes (or if they wanted to sold it as Buzzsaw).

I wonder if they plan any more Deluxe sports cars at all - and I hope they show Lockdown tomorrow (or in the official images when they show up).

So yes there's a few bits there I don't hate and a few bits I just shrug at and some stuff I'll stay away from.

Hasbro seem to have forgotten Rescue Bots is on TV again in 2 weeks and forgot to promote it yet again. I hope they give it a push at the next Comicon even if it confuses some people as it deserves it is GOLD.

19. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

The Age of Extinction stuff looks Rubbish..

Saving grace = Roadbuster + Jetfire.

20. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Because a companies that hate their older fans always make new figures for 30 year old characters like Whirl, Roadbuster, and a leader sized Jetfire.

Or make figures for an obscure comic only character like Jhiaxus.

Or Beast Wars/Machines figures.

Or have fans create their own Transformer then actually make it a real toy.

Or continue a movie franchise just so they can work in the Dinobots.

Or release a movie Prime with a classic alt mode.

Or just do two different releases of movie characters so that both young and old fans can have the same character.

Or do a domestic rerelease for a hard to find MP figure for fans to get another chance to own it instead of paying high import or eBay prices, just in time to stand next to the movie version of the character and just happens to come out around the same time as a 3rd Party release of another Dinobot that already increases demand for the MP and hence already is meeting that demand.

Or even bothering with a franchise from the 80s and keeping it going through good times and very poor times when so many other lines from then have all but disappeared forever.

Yeah, that's what companies that hate fans do.