Pics from Hasbro Toy Fair Event

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    to everyone who said "oh. first edition prime isn't indicative of the entire line".. here's a BIG F YOU.. and UP YOURS.

most of this shit is absolutely atrocious. i can't believe people can set this up, make a presentation and be proud of it.. not only be proud of it but ASK MONEY FOR THIS SHIT.

this is just so depressing.

off to toyark to see if other companies actually care about their fans who have stuck with a brand for THIRTY YEARS.

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reviews...

Leader Class Grimlock;

Robot Mode;
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-202_1392494919.jpg
    The Robot mode is no doubt the highlight of this figure yet its less detailed that TF; Prime Predaking and that's just lame. While its a nice chunky robot mode with a tail weapon - it lacks enough detail to justify a higher price point

Alt-mode;
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-026_1392492876.jpg
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-027_1392492876.jpg
    The Alt-mode is what lets this figure down massively, it is hollow. The screws are visible on the outside and the entire thing looks like a mess... granted it could be mistransformed as their is seemingly a foot attached to the side... but I doubt it would save this figure.

Verdict;
    If the alt-mode ends up being a mistransformation then it might be worth buying - but if not then wait till its a lot cheaper in price. Don't buy this thing for any more than voyager price.

The colour scheme also lets this figure down as its not movie-accurate to the version of Grimlock that we see on screen, especially for a toy meant to represent this;
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-471_1392497344.jpg

Leader Class Optimus Prime;

Robot mode;
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-021_1392492876.jpg

From the front this pile of trash may look interesting or even cool - but don't be fooled as a quick look from the side reveals that this is a shell-former with the entire lower vehicle segment on his back

Vehicle mode;
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-023_1392492876.jpg
    Surprisingly this figure features the opposite problem to Grimlock seemingly lacking a good robot mode and yet having a good vehicle mode - despite obviously being mistransformed.

Verdict;
    If your going to buy an TF;AOE Optimus Prime then you should probably go with the evasion mode Optimus Prime which will be worth more in the long-run and will likely be more fun to play with due to its G1 vehicle mode.

Leader Class Evasion Optimus Prime;
    Robot mode;
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-375_1392495918.jpg
    I'm not sure why but this figure comes so close to being good and yet falls apart due to the robot mode. Maybe its the head sculpt, maybe its the chest - I'm not sure what it is but something isn't right.

Vehicle mode;
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/TF-2014---Transformers-374_1392495918.jpg
    The vehicle mode is pretty nice, though feels a little short - however it does noticeable have a few throwbacks to the original G1 Optimus Prime including the trailer bit.

Verdict;
    Probably your best Leader Class Optimus Prime figure for you to buy from Tf;AOE - however I'd wait for the inevitable movie-accurate repaint as this version lacks detail.

-----

May add to this later.

-----

Figures I'm interested in buying - Dinobots (Complex versions)

4. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

I'm glad you're not bitter.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Just wait until they upload the pictures of the ACTUAL movie Generations toys. I'm watching a livestream that just showed them, and they are so far above and beyond these that it's incredible. The Dinobots especially will leave people crying in joy.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Not interested in any of the one step or flip change assortment figures so far, but I'm all about the majority of those Generations (both legacy and movie) figures we're seeing.

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was never interested in movie.

Generations looks killer.

And not listening to fans? What do you call reissuing Grimlock?

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I'm savin' this post to laugh later.

Oh man Generations looks so awesome!

9. RamWorkz

RamWorkz Wave o' Sound

I know they said they were gonna go with a more simplistic approach, But this is ridiculous. So much for an awesome leader class Grimlock.

10. Citricon

Citricon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why are half of them not even the same color as in the movie? lol the bugatti is black, grimlock and strafe aren't those colors either. the only movie figures i like is the black convoy and evasion prime. rat trap looks awesome.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

The classics stuff is uploading right now. This movie line is meant for kiddos which is perfectly fine...and really the target audience of the franchise...

12. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

I hope the people moaning about these figures aren't the same people who fed the animals by buying FOC Bruticus.

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Dude, seriously, the Age of Extinction line isn't for you, it's for KIDS. There's Generations for all you whining, crying man-children out there, and you are lucky Hasbro is even making collector oriented toys.

Also, if you don't like something, you don't have to buy it, and just ignore it on store shelves.

14. C.W. McConvoy

C.W. McConvoy 破壊大帝

Don't care about Bayformers, but am stoked to see Roadbuster and some of these other Generations guys.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok. Cool your tits. they're figures for the film with more complex transformations and film likeness. Look at Roadbuster, Skybyte, and the other things on display and you'll see that it only really seems to be the film related figures that aren't the best. Things were never going to be ROTF level complicated but they look on par with DOTM stuff to me.

The non movie generations is definitely where it is at. Skybyte looks ok, but Tankor, Roadbuster and Jetfire look cool. Rattrap though. He looks utterly fantastic. Wingblade looks very good too.

Weird there are pictures of Jhiaxus from Starscream but none of Nightbeat. I really hope that it's not the RTS Jazz remould that was seen in those solicits, a extensive remould of the Generations Bumblebee would be a better fit.

16. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they really are pushing the simplicity thing with the AOE figures, they dont look like anything an adult fan would enjoy having :( 

17. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

Seibertron has more pictures of the generations versions of the AOE figures and they do look better than most of these "simple" ones...

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I love everything in Generations.

19. wtrz

wtrz chronically online

News Credits:
    Nightbeat wasn't shown?? Cause I don't see him.

I could care less about the actual AoE line, but the Generations line has blown me away.

20. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get the design decisions made for the simpler kids line, but the Generations "collector" movie deluxes still have vehicle modes that are slightly deformed. Why, exactly? I was looking forward to Drift and High Octane Bee for the vehicle modes, but the proportions are just off.