Pic of Blue Optimus Prime, Wire Tap, Night Beat and more

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Jun 29, 2007.

1. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Hmm...not really feeling those. *Am still hoping for a Megs repaint*

2. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Yes to all. :ev: 

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

That Prime repaint really evokes Magnus more than all the white Prime repaints we've gotten over the past few years. Hot. The others don't do a lot for me, except maybe Ratchet's repaint.

When are we going to see a red Ironhide?

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:

Well duh... its a repaint for the toyline!

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'll more than likely be all over the Real Gears...I actually like Prime's color scheme, but it's way too expensive a size class to buy repaints for. Barricade looks interesting, but not enough to warrant a puchase methinks. Thundercracker will be mine, and Ratchet still looks like complete ass in GeeWun colors.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'll second that comment about Ratchet... for some reason a G1 scheme doesn't come off right on most of the movie designs. I just looks... off to me.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Because some of us collect transforming robot toys because we like the look of them, not out of some slavish devotion to one particular TF movie line, or an obsessive completist compulsion.

I've got nothing against movie repaints... opens the door for fan characters and kit-bashing, etc..

Big blue-grey Optimus... doesn't entice me to buy it. Not so bad though.

Booster/Nightbeat... will have to see better pics, but I agree with what was said earlier... if it's not Buzzsaw, I'm not sure if I'm tempted to get second one.

White Ratchet... I like it, but not enough to own two of him. I might have gotten this over the slimy green version if they'd both been released a the same time though.

T-cracker... didn't like Starscream at all. A new head and paint job aren't gonna be enough to change that opinion.

Recon Barricade... sure! It's weird that I hate Barricade so much, and yet love this mold so much. The black version is awesome, but the white one has more potential for a Prowl kitbash I think... though I might want to swap out the blue parts with black from an original Barricade.

Wiretap... awesome. I actually held off on buying Speedial especially because I saw this repaint!

zmog

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

i hope Nightbeat is not a con

9. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s nice looking repaint and he will be a part of my prime collection. I think that mold would look incredible in metallic black (ala Nemesis Prime) with orange and red flames highlights or even the regular teal highlights. Since so many people don’t like it, I’ll wait until it goes on clearance. :D  I remember how people hated on the Universe yellow repaint of Fire Convoy (Sam’s club exclusive) but now it has increased in value and I’d dare to say coveted. The retail price was less than RID Optimus Prime but it regularly sells for more than RID Optimus Prime especially if it’s MISB. So please continue the hate and then change your mind sometime down the line.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I kinda of dig that Magnus Repaint...

11. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:

is that guy u???:inquisiti 

12. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:

I thought he meant the Ratchet repaint. Especially since Cat couldn't make it to Botcon. :D 

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Not feeling any of them repaints really (they've never been much my thing TBQH).

However, I do like the look of Recon Barricade (not as much as his current look)..though I most certainly won't pick him up.

The Speed Dial repaint is pwn though, I'll hold off on getting Speed Dial just to grab this instead.

14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I still just want a flameless, solid color repaint of that Prime mold--especially in bright red, with perhaps a dark blue frame... :) 

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Wiretaps colors remind me of a g2 bot. I Think Nightbeat (barricade repaint) is in the next wave as we saw him mentioned on the packaging for payload.

g1 colors ratchet is looking as good as ever. But I'm sure we'll have better photos of the hasbro versions from botcon.

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Loving Thundercracker and Ratchet, not sure about the rest... but I could be swayed on Recon Barricade if I see more pics.

17. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I think tye blue Prime looks kinda cool, but I see the same thing that I don't like in all Magnus repaints...they should at least remold the head.

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Nightbeat is NOT the Barricade repaint. The 'cade repaint is Recon Barricade. Nightbeat is the repaint of Booster X10.

19. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I'll thrice that.

The only G1 repaint that looks good is the Jazz one. All of the other ones just do not look right at all.

20. Sero

Sero Well-Known Member

looks like a negative paint scheme. maybe Nemisis Prime