Photography and Cinematography Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by theestampede, May 25, 2020.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Since this is the "video Games and Technology" section of the forum, rather than just a Video Games section; I think we need a thread devoted to photography and cinematography and all the tech associated with it. Especially considering there is a definite interest in toy photography and reviews on this site.

I kinda just started getting into this as I finally have enough extra money to spend on this kind of thing and I'm pretty obsessed.

I'm mainly focused on the cinema side of things as I want to do narrative work, so I picked up a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k earlier this month and I'm currently building up a low-budget rig to fix its shortcoming (ie the non-movable screen and short battery life).

Anyone else big on this sort of thing? Any tips for others that are interested in film or photography? What kind of cameras are you using and what kinds of lenses? Any accessories you can't live without? Any examples of your work and how you did it?