Philly Meet Up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Liokaiser, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Finally locked down a ride. So I'll be there with a buddy. See you guys in a couple!

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    To be honest I was hoping you were in town for the holidays. Good to hear for you man. Have a great holiday season. Where in the world was Dethpike today?

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Gagga blagh blagh

News Credits:
    No such luck, man. I do hope to make the trip this summer, though. I couldn't last summer due to my job hunt and acquisition (which, of course, is what brought me to AZ).

By the summer, I'll have plenty of PTO saved up so I can take a couple weeks off and still get paid.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

It was good seeing everyone. Until next month.

5. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another great meet-up on the books.

6. darthdevious

darthdevious Destroyer of Worlds

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    just so you guys know, I posted a video from yesterday, in the feedback section, under the videos. :p 

7. darthdevious

darthdevious Destroyer of Worlds

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sorry, video got moved, it is now in the video discussion board, where it will get buried...shame it did not get moved to the front page, figuring how much Gary meant to people on this site. Oh well... :) 

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my Philly meetup crew. Have a great holiday season. :D 

9. RavageBeak1000

RavageBeak1000 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up Toy/Transformers show/flea market thing going on at Pennsy Flea Market on Sun 12/4. I have been meaning to check out this flea market for a while now, never been there so anyone that thinks it may suck def let us know....

Maybe even a quick Philly meetup last minute thing if anyone wants to bring stuff..

flea market, Pennsy Flea Market Philadelphia, PA Home

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I was thinking about it. No sure how well this one will do. I will wait to set up at the Delaware show instead.

11. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Decided to get a table for this show, since it's close to my place. I'm hoping the Philly show catches on, and they have this regularly like their Delaware toy shows.

Hope to see some of you there! :) 

12. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Next DE one should be April if it follows the normal pattern.

13. RavageBeak1000

RavageBeak1000 Well-Known Member

Another heads up for those who don't know, the biggest Toy show NJ has ever seen is coming up. Jan 29th. Last years was their biggest moving to a new location. This year they are moving to an even bigger location. At 200 tables I'm not sure if there really has ever been a toy specific show of this size ever in NJ. Might be a good trade-meet up location.

Toyshows.org

14. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Yup, I'm trying to get one table to this show. Maybe this could be our next meetup?

index

The Mansion, 3000 Main St, Voorhees, N.J. 08043 10:00am to 4:00pm Admission is $5.00, Children under the age of 12 free. 9:00am Early buyers $10.00. Free parking. An indoor all weather event.

15. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

That looks like it could be an interesting show. Iffin I can balance the budget I will definitly try to get there.

~Z

16. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    They never called me back about tables still being available or not so I said screw it and I'm gonna just do NJCC and the next Nur Temple show in DE - two in the spring is plenty.

If you guys DO get tables at Winter Fever good luck - in my experience, these big shows can be a double edged sword. On the one hand, you can have an amazing shopping day - lots of tables means lots of neat stuff. The drawback to that is, there're 199 other tables in there besides yours - so, that's 199 other places that folks can spend all of their $ before they even SEE what you have for sale. Competition is great - as long as YOU are kicking everyong ELSE'S ass ;) 

I dunno - I kinda like being one of the folks at a smaller show but with an AWESOME table, because I make $ hand over fist. If EVERYONE has an awesome table, as a seller I don't like that - because I want ALL the money :D  At Nur Temple there is some awesome stuff, for sure - but if you JUST want a Transformer, what've you got? Realistically you've got me, Hector, Jerry, and that Heman guy - that's about it. And it shows - our tables are always crowded.

So having not heard back from them about tables, I don't think I'll pursue it - I'll skip this and just get my $$$ in early for NJCC and Nur Temple's April Fools show. Not putting down Winter Fever - just saying I personally do just fine selling at the smaller shows. And right now I only want newer stuff anyway, so pretty much all my "shopping" is in preorders. LOL

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I agree with you and I'm fourth in the waiting list so most likely I'm not gettting a table. I'm trying to work around that 4/6 date for NJCC. I have a huge group class project due for finals the next day so I hope I can swing that. I think I would do very well at Winter Fever, because no one will have the stuff I will have for sale., trust me. :D 

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Anyone want to meet tomorrow?

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    My friend (not the same friend as last time) and I will be there at around 2. Give or take. We both had some stuff to do in the morning, but I still wanted to go just for shits.

20. Bulkhead

Bulkhead Autobot General Counsel Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll be there. Probably earlier rather than later.