Pete's Robot Convention

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by cobra zartan, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm interested to know if there was a story worked out for the accompanying comic, too. Would this have been the tale of how these guys became Action Masters?

2. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably Pasadena though I know there was talk of Disney too? I think. But I would have pushed for Cali.

Judd was the last guest I really wanted to have. Corey Burton would be great but he doesn't do shows (though Frank didn't do them for a long time either...) SO. Who knows, maybe Rosemary will talk him in to Retro Con one day. But I really felt like we ran the table on guests and am thrilled with everyone we had during the 12 years I was associated with/worked for Fun Pub.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    This actually makes me really sad, as the biggest Action Master fan in the history of forever... or at least the history of my mind... I even just had a Mainframe commissioned recently so I could fill another gap... definitely sad this isn't actually going to happen, unless Hasbro gets inspired by some of these... Maybe i'll get another custom or two done eventually... I need all the non-show Action Master updated...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Here's the image, I didn't see it posted earlier.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    So, if Sprocket was being made as part of the set, one could assume he might be redone as Rumbler too, right? Skyfall and Optimus wouldn't be used again, because they didn't have repaints... I'm really curious who else would be made, but also really bummed this isn't actually a toy set that's happening. This as a subscription service or botcon set would've made me so happy, despite all the other shortfalls associated with Botcon the last few years.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Serious questions:

- There's Hascon coming up. Regardless of what exclusives Hasbro has planned, if people keep asking about TFCC-esque exclusive ideas (like this, or other things we never got more of like Diaclone, G2, Pretenders, etc.), could we get them if enough people nag Hasbro at their own convention? Hascon's going to need an audience, and if their target audience isn't feeling their exclusives (assuming they offer SDCC-type stuff), people should let them know when they have an opportunity in-person. Hasbro running things may also prevent certain characters/ideas from being cockblocked or, um, handled better/differently as well.
    - Is it a foregone conclusion that Hasbro won't allow something like this convention to offer exclusives like this, ever? Hasbro can run their own club & convention and that's fine, but for niche stuff like these ideas, is it impossible for Hasbro to license them out to a convention like this?

The answers may be obvious ("People can tell them, but don't hold your breath" and "We can ask, but probably not," respectively), but ultimately someone has to ask or let Hasbro know so they're aware of interest in ideas like these.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Honestly, I feel we'll get stuff more along the lines of SDCC exclusives than TFSS/Botcon type stuff... but I hope we can be surprised... Unfortunately, if this idea never even got presented, the Hasbro team might not have even thought of them...

8. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    They did do Actionmaster Krok at retail already though. I wouldn't be so quick to rule out other Actionmaster homages being released quite yet.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    True, but I feel the club one was far superior. TR Krok was more of a "hey, we've got a crocodile, can we even repaint this guy" idea to me.

10. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    I hope we don't get anything like BotCon or SDCC exclusive figures. You want a version of a character that will be made completely inferior by a general release in two years? You want 10 versions of the same semi-obscure character? You want a figure based on some idiotic inside joke that only makes sense to the convention runner and his small circle of friends? You want the same figure that's released at retail but painted the way it should be in the first place but still not as nice as Takara's version? You want just a random G1 reissue in a fancy box?

I want something new. Something original. Something that won't be repeated. Something with story behind it.

11. Pete Sync

News Credits:
  12. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    We are excited to announce that we will be offering FREE Caricature's and face painting to kids 12 & under at Pete's Robot Convention on Saturday June, 24th. Adults and teens can purchase at-the-door admission for $10. Kids 12 and under are FREE!*

We also have a full slate of panels planned for the day, from discussions on Transformers rarities, kids themed robot game shows, a cosplay panel hosted by Joe Colton and a behind the scenes look at the making of various BotCon and Transformers Collectors' Club exclusives from years past. The team behind these great toys will also be discussing the final TFSS 5.0! They will be talking about Wreckage (check out the exclusive pics), the Double Pretenders, how Lifeline got her name and the last ever figure produced by the former Transformers Collectors' Club, the TFSS 5.0 BONUS toy... (Sorry, not going to spoil the surprise here, fans will know this week!)

Be part of the action! If you want access to the full weekend event schedule, including tickets to an exclusive showing of Transformers: The Last Knight and the Friday Night Meet and Greet, be sure to pre-register now at https://www.petesrobocon.com/vendors

More info at Pete's Robot Convention

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Although I haven't purchased the subscription set, I hope the bonus figure is someone good that fans have been wanting.

14. Hurleychris07

Hurleychris07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have been nice to complete it and see it myself before this post seeing how the figures were shipped YESTERDAY!

15. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    The toys are arriving today. We think they turned out pretty great!

16. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You have no one to blame but your self, it says it in the title.

17. Hurleychris07

News Credits:
    He posted it on Facebook which is where I saw it first... can't blame me for nothing lol

18. Hurleychris07

News Credits:
    Yea if you live directly next to Texas.... Won't have mine til friday. A post in here I get since you have to click on it... But I saw them on Facebook where there is no avoiding the giant pics

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's in the pictures you didn't know you were getting? The bonus figure is the only mystery left and he's not pictured.

20. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    So was the Club shut down because of it's egregious history of terrible customer service and unethical behavoir? I wonder if that discussion is on the agenda.

In all fairness, I'm not sure I would run to a new convention put on by some of the same people who stood by and supported something that took advantage of the fandom.

• Like Like x 1