Peter Cullen VS Michael Bay Round 5….final round?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus4EVER, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Anybody else get the feeling Mr. Bay has it in for Optimus Prime/Peter Cullen? I get the feeling he doesn’t want the noble Prime and his voice around for too much longer since Mr. Cullen isn’t the shut-up-&-get-in-line type. Does anybody else feel this way?

I’m worried that Optimus Prime is going to die after the next film. I’m not sure but supposedly Mr. Cullen has to voice Optimus for one more movie, because of a contract.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Optimus HAS to die or at least get an amazing final scene that sees him retiring from leading the autobots. As peter Cullen cannot keep going with the same strength in his voice, it'd be great if he could but there will be a day when he can't continue and prime has to be no more, just pray it doesn't happen soon as there needs to at least be some time where a proper iconic character can be created in order to make the transition from Optimus prime a less painful one, maybe this is the whole point of the live action franchise....to make the whole process more realistic and less painful long term

3. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i think this will be prime's last film but i dont think it's because of any grudge on the part of bay? unless i missed something cullen spoke glowingly of bay & vice versa

• Like Like x 1
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    ('-_-)

Oh I'm sure someone does.

Myself, I do not. I don't honestly think anyone but fans takes things that personal. Also, if he's not a "shut up and get in line" guy as you put it, why would he still be doing the movies after so long? Every line of dialogue Cullen did that was so controversial, he still did them, still got paid to do them, and will still do them.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    For god's sake, why does everybody keep talking like Peter Cullen's gonna keel over and die at any second?

• Like Like x 7
  6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Prime has been big for both Paramount and Hasbro so I don't think Prime is going anywhere. Besides this is like the 4th time Bay has said he's done with Transformers so if Bay isn't doing all the Transformers movies I don't think the studio is going to throw up their hands and say well the past director didn't want the character any more.

Besides Adam West is 88 and still voice acting so at 75 Peter has plenty of voice acting years ahead of him.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Please expand on this.

8. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Add onto the fact that Peter Cullen is happy with Bay's work on the films since he was one of the people that encouraged Bay to direct the fifth film.

I agree that Optimus isn't going anywhere, especially with 1986 to insure that. If they are considering another character to be the leader, I think they'll simply have Optimus step down but still be willing to offer his help. Kind of like in RiD2015 where they feature Bumblebee as the leader and Optimus appearing to help from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

On top of all the other reasons why the idea of Bay killing Optimus out of spite for Cullen is ridiculous, the character can't be permanently killed without Hasbro's consent. That said, Optimus was a ghost for most of RID2015's first season. Considering every part of the franchise seems to copy each other, I wouldn't be surprised if Optimus died this film. Heck, I'm surprised that it seems he's gonna be a big part of this movie. I thought him heading off to space was their way of writing him out of the main events of the movies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Contrary to what I said earlier....as long as peter Cullen is going strong and fighting fit then let's face it.....HE WILL REMAIN MR TRANSFORMERS, as there quite probably is no way it would have been as successful without him.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Long story short... Cullen doesn't like some of the dialogue that Prime has in the new film series. "I'll kill you!" in particular. I'm sure he wasn't too happy with Optimus offing a human, either.

That said, I've heard that Cullen has given Bay high praise for a lot of his efforts and work on these films, so I think people are blowing it out of proportion.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Ok, I saw an interviw but cannot find it. If you go to cullenisprime.com it is that san anime interview where he said didn't like where the story was going. Wanted it to be more like G1...

I personally think of Optimus as a second father...I don't want to have to watch him die again. He's the only hero I have left.

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then you need to find something or someone else to believe in. A comic book/cartoon character isn't it.

You have much to offer this world. Find your path, walk it and make a difference in someone's life.

14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Optimus isn't going to die. Not again, anyway, they can't kill him again.

I don't know why people keep thinking he'll die in TLK.

15. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I am wondering that myself. Maybe it's because the reveal of Hot Rod and a Unicron like object people think that TLK is going to follow 86 in that regard?

16. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

As much as I enjoy Peter as Optimus, they could just get someone else to portray the role. (Worst case scenario) Big shoes to fill, sure. But all they have to do is reformat the character, like Welker taking over Hugo Weaving.

Prime will never stay dead. He's one of the great popular and iconic heroes of our time.

17. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    I think it's pretty safe to say that so long as there's an Optimus Prime in this current Transformers Cinematic Universe, it will be Cullen. He's not gonna bite the hand that feeds him.

18. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Optimus has already died how many times in how many continuities? And in the Second film. Why would anyone think He will die and STAY dead, much less waste any worry on it?

19. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    With the recent depiction of Optimus Prime as an evil figure, I thought it could be a good thing to reconsider his motives and to review some of his not so good moments.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  20. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    well if it happenes use neil kaplan