Peter Cullen CONFIRMED as Optimus Prime for Transformers Live Action Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by REDLINE, Jul 21, 2006.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Like we haven't already heard him voice Prime in plenty of otherwise terrible cartoon episodes?

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

this just made a bad day very great. i hope ANY VA who has done megatron gets it, not justsome new generic guy from HW.

3. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    Absolutely awesome. This is the kind of thing that gets me really geeked to see the flick!!! Thanks to Dreamworks for taking the fans vote into consideration...and most importantly, thank you Mr. Cullen for wanting to play a role you sole richly derserve.

Peace,
    K

4. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This put a little lump in my throat. I am very happy about this. Thanks Bay and co.

5. flamepanther

I gotta say... as long as the robot mode looks anything like Prime, it will be hard to ruin the movie for me.

6. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Of course we have. That doesn't mean that I particularly look forward to the prospect of hearing his voice attached to another dud. It is easier to overlook G1's many flaws as a kid then it is as an adult. For many, G1 Prime is iconic. I just hope that this movie doesn't tarnish that for me.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is fantastic news! I share in the sentiment that Dreamworks, Bay and Co. have done their homework concerning the property. Kudos to them and I'll drink a beer for their efforts.

8. flamepanther

Somehow I doubt it will do anything worse to him than the G1 Marvel comics when he decided to die because of a computer game. ...and his mind was stored on a floppy disk. ;) 

Prime's a tough guy. He can withstand it :) 

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Biding His Time, Building His Botbot Army...

News Credits:
    Huzzah! (On the other hand, though, I hope they don't get Welker to do Megatron. That whiny voice just wouldn't fit a huge CGI robot.)

10. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I just want to put in here how much Peter Cullen rocks. At Botcon '04 I spoke to him just briefly as he was signing a comic for me, many hours after he was scheduled to still be signing, and I said 'Thank you for everything you've done' and he shook my hand, smiled in an incredible way and siad 'Thank you', not just your normal common or garden thank you, but the kind where for some inexplicable reason he was actaully thanking me for something. I witnessed the same between him and everyone else. The man was totally bowled over by how much he meant to all of us and was trauely amazed and pleased to have us as fans. The man is a legend. He is treuly awesome. I just wanted to say that...

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Totally just made my day. AWESOME :music  :music  :music  :music 

12. BillsToys83

BillsToys83 <b>Botcon 2006 Dealer</b>

That is the best news so far about the picture :mail 

Now as long as they do not cast Judd Nelson or Dick Gauthier in the movie, since we all know what that means, we are good to go :lolol 

13. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    I disagree!

Hang on... sorry, no I don't. Force of habit. :drunk 

14. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    kiiiiiiiick ass

15. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Wahoo! Best news I've heard all day. Now I have more hope for the movie. I just hope they get someone good, preferably Welker or Kaye, for Megs. But at any rate, this is a huuuge step in the right direction!

16. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Okay Steve don't get too crazy now.Cullen's voicing Prime.But remember part of the gripes were that this movie wasn't what Transformers should be.So do you REALLY think the fandom would accept changes like that just because Cullen's voicing Prime.It's good you're happy,just don't lose your head :) 

Don't overestimate the fanbase Chris,AT MOST the fans rallying for Peter Cullen made Bay and others think "Hey let's give this guy a shot,he might fit the part"But to say we helped get him the role is a but much.

We didn't drive Cullen to the audition or have ANYTHING to do with the process.Cullen fit what they were looking for and THAT'S why he got the role :) 

Worst idea ever,honestly Cullen got the role not because of the fans but inspite of them.It's equally possible that all this being vocal could've easily backfired.Resulting in a not so favorable outcome.

The anonynimity of the internet is not an excuse for poor manners

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Forgive my ignorance, who is Hopkins? I only know of Welker and Kaye.......

Was it BW or RiD??

18. dakroland

dakroland I fix toys.

Ebay:
    I'll take his ticket then...

Seriously, this is one of only three things I've been hoping for. I'm glad Bay and co. listened to the fans, this is beyond cool. Now, let's see who gets cast as Megatron. I'd really hope it's Welker (and for all those who think it'll sound exactly the same as the cartoon, forget that voices can be made to sound different with the right enhancements. They can make Welker's Megatron sound more menacing, dark and evil. ...I hope) But I'd even be happy with David Kaye. The only other thing I'm hoping for is a compelling, involving, GOOD storyline.

19. robertj1138

robertj1138 MiniconCommander

1.) It is awesome that Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus Prime.
    2.) <- Thinks alot of actors COULD perform very well, but that Peter Cullen is a nostalgic favorite.

3.) Don't kill off Prime in this movie. PLEASE! It would feel tired.

4.) I can't control myself. YAHOOO for him. Voice actors have received so little respect in the past, maybe this is a sign that they are finally receiving the respect they deserve.

:lolol 

20. betetta

betetta guitar face

i don't know how it's possible, but i agree and also disagree with what you just posted.

nah, it must be my common sense crashing heads with my inner purist fanboy again :drunk  anyway they're both very happy with today's events!