Peter Cullen CONFIRMED as Optimus Prime for Transformers Live Action Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by REDLINE, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Glhboy

Glhboy <font color=red><b>Goes Like Hell....</b></font>

News Credits:
  2. PG13

PG13 Well-Known Member

My nerd cock has been beaten raw.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    But then he wouldnt be Optimus Prime.

In the movie, he was finally able to be portrayed the way he was always meant to. It all starts with commanding the dinobots to destroy devastator, rather than just stop him. he wanted devastator dead. And when even the mighty dinobots fell, he charged in himself, knowing he probably wouldnt survive the coming battle. extremely heroic, not afraid to go in alone and plow through the decepticon ranks, and blasting several decepticons without a moment's hesitation. and then when megatron was down on his knees, begging for mercy, prime didnt shoot. why? he's Optimus Prime, god dammit. Prime doesnt shoot when someone is on their knees, begging for their life. Thats what sets him apart from his enemies. Had he shot megatron when he was on his knees, or when he had hot rod in his arms, that would have destroyed his character. he would rather be shot to death than risk the life of one of his men. He went down as he lived. a hero whose moral ground and personal code of honor was unshakable, even in the most dire situations.

Peter Cullen is responsible for that. We have all heard about the way he attached himself to the character early on, and helped flesh out his personality, such as flat out refusing to have optimus ever raise his voice towards his comrades and such.

This is why to so many fans, Peter Cullen is Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats to Cullen, this is hearty news for all concerned. I just spent the day helping a client exhibit at an erotic trade exhibit in Birmingham, but this just made the day even better!

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Congrats to all the fans who wanted this! Good news indeed.

(I was indifferent about it.... the 11 year old I used to be first listened to Optimus Prime speak in spanish: "Autobots, transformence y avancen!" :D  )

.... wrong thread dude.

And people have the right to whine about something they dislike. Look at it this way: there'll be more MP03 for us. :D 

-airfox

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

So, er, is anyone else really excited about this?

Everytime I think about it I pee myself a little.

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The only reason he didn't shoot was because of Hot Rod being used as a shield.If Hot Rod wasn't there he'd have shot him.

Optimus Prime has NO problem in killing IF there's no other option.And he obviously saw Megatron creeping towards him.So if Hot Rod wasn't in the way and Megatron made his move Prime most likely would've shot to kill.Hell that punch he gave Megatron nearly killed him.

And there's at least ONE time I've heard Prime raise his voice.In MTMTE pt.3 when has demanded Sideswipe give him his rocket pack.And in Dark Awakening he raised his voice at Rodimus to defeat/destroy him.So yes Prime HAS raised his voice