Personal? Impersonal. Personal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Dec 30, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

TFW? We are close. Very close.

Soooo close infact? That we are essentially so close that we could most likely see the molecular build of someone's virtual sweat pores if we tried hard enough.

This is a good, and a bad thing.

It's a good thing because, we have someone that is always there to vent and to rant to, that has possibly in the same situation. Or? To get told to stick it in her ear/pooper.

It's a bad thing though as well, due to the fact that instead of just "major issues" being discussed in GD, it has now become into those awkward threads where people are asking questions that perhaps a parent should answer, and very much so not be coming to the internet filled with people that are... people, and very much so not that person's parent.

And really? That very personal-touch, though for now I am glad it is there, almost scares me for the future though. Yes, we are indeed a community, but it seems as the younger generations flood our forum walls, that interpersonal relationship that we all have with one another sort of gets breached, and that once closeness though not limited to a select few of people, is now growing and almost sets a theme, and unfortunately age gap of what is right and what is wrong.

Now. Don't get me wrong, I love ya'll. I respect ya'll. I am indeed guilty of posting a few "Stick it in her pooper"-worthy threads, as well as very "My life is going nowhere, please fix?" threads. Here. All the time. Like... all the time. Seirously.

However, i'm starting to get this feeling that... perhaps we shouldn't be getting so in depth and personal with people on this forum. Not due to the fact that any of us are terrible people, but just because in the long run some of us don't even know each other, and yet we can read and empathize about a complete stranger and give advice, which may or may not help.

That feels almost out of place on a Transformers Forum.

But, we arn't just any ordinary forum, eh? We are almost the "Mac-Daddy G'dizzle" of Transformers forums, breaching rhyme and reason and taking the internet hostage with our love of Transformers, and our love of Beast-Wars, so perhaps this probably is the best place for people to vent about their issues, because at the same time, the anonymity of the people here, these people that are with you, that have most likely had the same issues, however the only thing linking you together is a goofy 80's cartoon that was all based on merchandising. Our link. Our personal link together.

That being said TFW? The new years is indeed coming in... Infact, about two days. Woot.

I want to wish you all a happy new years, as well as get your opinion on how personal TFW has become, by the time I respond to this? It will most likely be the new years.

See yall in 2013!!!!

(Unless the world ends... Horribly... Majora's mask style...)

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'm seeing what you are saying here but I didn't mind getting personal as I still do in talking about my dealings with cancer and infertility.
    Some of it brought about strong criticisms for my choices but I took it because part of sharing my life means taking the bad with the good.
    In majority though people have been overwhelmling supportive and there are more people here than in my real life than I can say I know or have even told about my health.
    So it might depend on the situation but I got a lot of comfort from people just every once in a while sending me a PM saying oh by the way how are you doing with everything?

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ummm.... what?

FYI, we used to have a user blog subforum, we were totally personal.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    That's a nice thing about the Supporter's lounge. Children are not permitted, so it's a much nicer atmosphere in there. Plus, we have teh Fuzzy, and that can be a lot of fun at times...especially the Katy Perry gifs ;) 

5. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Get personal in here?

Where else would people get to be stubborn, opinionated, unyielding and self righteous in their views while calling others selfish?

We would all be at a complete loss without individuals contributing in such a manner on these fair and righteous boards against all indemnities of the truth while remaining objective in their views.

Ok I'm done now

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Um...what?

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't have said it better myself :D 

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

im so damn close into entering the supporters crew. iiiiii neeeeed mooonaaaay!

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More like TFW needs to stop being allergic to money. Guess it was only a matter of time because that shit spread from the Junkion hah.

10. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I joined TFW two years ago in February. At the time there definitely seemed to be one group of people that were considered to be the most interesting members. They're kinda rude, so naturally quite a few have been thrown off over the time I've been here. I had a few friends among them, and when they moved on I added them on Facebook. Because they were so popular, many other people did this as well. As a result I know the full names of many current members. I don't have any use for this information, and I won't disclose who those people are, but it makes me wonder how many of you know who I am.

11. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I am a naturally open person and I tend to be someone who can build relationships quite easily.

like the PP I have several members as Facebook friends and obviously that is a whole new level of "personal". I am guarded about specific personal details - even on Facebook. I don't 'check in' on Facebook, I don't have details about where I live or work or go to school
    I have strict privacy settings on many of my photos. I don't let other people's tags of me show up on my timeline without my permission.

Yes, people know my full name, and they can see quite a few photos of me and my family,but that doesn't bother me - I quite like my name ;)