Persona news: PQ (3DS), P4D (Vita), P5 (PS3)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Nerroth, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    It’s pretty much Persona tradition at this point. Plus, the remakes usually come a few years later. It’s been three since P5 came out in Japan after all.

But, to be a bit more serious. They can only fit so much into one game. Creating a whole new game from scratch costs more then adding onto a pre-existing one. Or rather, when you go remake a game using the pre-existing game, you can use all the budget that would have normally went into developing the game from scratch into making new content, and The Royal is filled with that.

2. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What isn't clear for me with this remake/overhaul nomenclature is if Royale is intended to be a definitive version of P5, or a re-telling that stands alongside the original, but doesn't replace it.

My wife played through "Persona 5 Proletariat" a while back, so it's been sitting in the house for a while. Debating if I want to fire that up or wait for Royale.

3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    People are complaining because the new character's costume is "too sexualized!" :lol  (She's a gymnast, so her costume is a gymnast outfit with a trench coat)

The previous two remakes were made after the sequel had been planned, and they went back and added features from the new game into the older one. However, in this case, Persona 5 was originally supposed to be MUCH bigger. There's a reason why the last party member's kind of a pain to raise their social link with, due to a limited amount of time to do so. They ended up having to cut three dungeons and an additional party member (the Shogi girl), and severely curtailed the intended storyline for another from the vanilla game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just found out about P5 Royal and damn am I excited. Persona 5 was probably one of my favorite JRPG's of all time and all the added content (soooo much more than Golden or FES got) looks to be making this almost a whole new game. Wonder if it'll except New Game Plus from your old P5 file?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Thats what I’m wondering so I’m playing through it again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hopefully my wife won't get mad at me again if I get ahead of her in the game this time! :D  No, seriously, she bought the original P5 game for herself and I started playing it after her and got waaaay ahead of her. She got pissed mostly because she was trying hard to keep up to avoid spoilers... maybe I'll just let her finish before I play this time so I don't end up in the dog house... :lolol 

7. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Go ahead. The new version isn't going to be out globally until 2020, and you're looking at a 60-80 hour game minimum first playthrough.

8. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    It has been two years now. Tell her she had her chance!
    Boy what you talking about. How in the hell can you beat the game in 60 hours? It’s nearly 100 long.

9. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Assuming that he is doing a blind playthrough and misses a lot of stuff.

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh, she's already beat the original one. I'm talking when Royal comes out. :lol 

11. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Even still. Unless you just got to sleep every day and ignore your confidants, it’ll take you a while.
    Oh. Well in that case I’d just tell her that if she snoozes, she loses. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    That's why I said 60-80. When it comes to rpgs, people can be weird. I know people who hate the battles and play for the story, and those who skip through the story and just enjoy the battles and dungeons. If he's the latter, then I can see beating it in sixty to seventy hours by ignoring the confidants that don't affect the dungeons or battles too much.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Thats fair. I don’t find the battles in Persona to be really hard, but in some RPGs like Xenoblade I just get so fucking sick of fighting and grinding because all I want to get back to the story.

14. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:

Video shows Ryuji's third tier persona, and seems to indicate some sort of social link between party members.

15. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

For the unaware Persona 4 Golden is available on Steam.

It's really good, and helped me get into the series. Hopefully this means Persona will come to other consoles.
    Also for PS5 buyers Persona 5 is coming to Playstation Plus Collection. Which is basically Xbox Game Pass, but for Playstation.

16. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Persona 5 Scramble, the action game/sequel to Persona 5 has an English release date. Ow:

February 21st 2021!

Less than 3 months away

17. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can someone clarify for me the difference between Persona 4 Arena & Persona 4 Ultimax as the Ultimax version says this about one of the options : 'enables you to play through the story of the original Persona 4 Arena'.

So does that mean it replicates that content so much it's not worth buying the previous one then if you can play the same content on the later one - and if somethings are missing in Ultimax then what ??

I thought i'd ask since both are on sale on XBox Live at the mo.

Thanks

18. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I read Ultimax is the sequel, I am not sure if it contains the campaign of Arena. So I think their separate games.

19. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    According to what I have read, you can play through the original story of Arena, but it is DLC and costs $5. So I would get Ultimax and pick up the DLC.

20. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I read the same. But what I was wondering about was if the character appearances in the Ultimax version of the story or some other things are different (I think someone may have mentioned in passing that the Music is a bit different).

I'm not sure so I may just pass for the time being and hope it doesn't vanish off the Microsoft site while I think about it - even though Ultimax isn't on sale very often. I'm not sure I play enough beat 'em ups (especially 2D plane ones) anymore to play one just for the plot.

I am still a little bit interested though - knowing me I'll either buy it and regret it or not buy it and regret it - perhaps I'll go watch some reviews before the sale ends. See if I can narrow my choices down a bit more. As I'm still dithering a bit since there is two versions to consider.