Person Seriously Injured on T3 Movie Set

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Damn... Well, it's a Bay film, and people should know how he works. However, this is the only person hurt through his entire career, correct?
    Let's wish her well. Really hope the reports about brain damage arent true.. :( 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  2. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay is to Blame

It's Michael Bay's Fault... At least in so much that they were using AMATEUR EXTRAS in high intensity stunt situations:

EXCLUSIVE: 'Transformers 3' Extra Undergoes Brain Surgery Following Accident | Radar Online

Had a stuntperson died, it wouldn't be nearly as bad, an element of danger is accepted in signing up for that job. She didn't sign up for this.

As far as Nolan goes... That guy was also a professional, part of the production, mapping out a shot, if he didn't take all the precautions, then he shares part of that blame. But he also knew mapping that shot was a tricky endeavor, he had an idea of what could happen.

This woman was just cannon fodder, and had no business being put in that situation.

Michael Bay just became the new John Landis.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    I can see where your coming from, but it's not his fault, he isnt God, he didnt make that metal object smash through the windshield of her car and strike her in the head.

Its just an accident as per useual, it happens in one of ten movies a year, at least.
    On the bright side, she's alive.
    Let's just hope she'll be okay after the surgery.

4. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Going off of what Nelson said, it wasn't a "high intensity stunt" that she was involved with. Her car was being towed at 35 miles per hour and the cable broke. If I go to work tomorrow, get into the elevator (which I have seen serviced regularly by highly trained technicians), and the cable breaks, is my manager responsible? He was the one who insisted I be at work on a floor several stories up. Obviously, I shouldn't take the risk unless I'm a stuntman.

5. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yah know ever since Ive been going down on set I was wondering if something like this would ever happen because when I was down there I would always get the vibe that they had good prep before a scene but not great prep, it seemed like a combination of some prep and trying to get things done as fast as possible, not be super super cautious, not saying like half ass but you know..... I even heard during a scene Bumblebee almost hit someone.......

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware that driving a car 35 mph requires a special effects rig.

7. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Hardly a danger, since in the last 100 years there was only one elevator free fall death reported. Elevators are extremely safe from cable-based accidents.

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Wasn't talking about the odds of it happening, I was using it to make my point via hyperbole.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Bullshit. It's still an accident. It would have been just as bad. When directors start deliberately killing extras and stuntmen you'll have a valid point.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Both have had accidents on set. So has Christopher Nolan. So has Alex Proyas. So have a lot of directors.
    What a stupid, pointless comparison.
    And Vic Morrow (I presume you are referring to his rather horrific death on the set of Twilight Zone: the movie) wasn't a stuntman at all, thus proving that accidents can happen to anyone. Brandon Lee wasn't an extra or a stuntman either, and look what happened to him.
    So is towing a car at low speed. Some things can't be predicted.

Seriously, people.
    Do you all feel this sort of outrage when someone crashes a car on their way to work? Whose fault is that? The DOT for not putting enough crash barriers there? How about a witchhunt against the other driver?
    Stop overreacting and looking for scapegoats, people. Accidents happen all the time, to all sorts of people, in all sorts of jobs. You wouldn't have even heard about this if it hadn't happened on the set of TF3.
    And with a director who has a damn near spotless record for outrageous and incredible live action stunts and no injuries.
    Get some damn perspective.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I hope she survives her ordeal. they way it happened it musta been so fast she didn't know what hit her. apparently it was something that went through her windshield striking her in the head more than likely a piece of Debres or Shrapnel. :( 

11. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    If Bay warned the extra's on what would be going on and the dangers, and she went through with it anyway, it's most definitely not Bay's fault.

Once you advise the people on the dangers of the work environment, it's then their job to remind themselves of those dangers.

Through that exchange of information from Bay to the extra's, the responsibility was also exchanged.

However, the fact that it was a towing cable that snapped and caused the accident... It STILL wasn't Bay's fault.

If a towing cable snaps, it's due to 2 things: Wrong cable for the job, or neglect.

I'm pretty sure the cable wasn't owned by Bay, nor was it taken care of by him.

While he may be the leader of the set, outside people are brought in to make use of their services.

If that cable was owned by a third party, the liability falls on them.

There are legal cats out there who know so much about this stuff, that Bay is REALLY SAFE, because guess what?

HE'S. NOT. INVOLVED.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congratulations, Transformers community. We've once again proven we are fricking idiots, and that there is no subject that will not leave us heavily divided, flinging shit to each other. Well done!
    Let's all focus all of our exasperated rage onto each other, and Bay too, because surely, he is to blame for everything.

Let's not point the finger to who's to blame - especially since we weren't around to see it happen - let the 'officials' do their job in finding out if safety precautions, etc. were used.

I hope the girl will survive this and hopefully, without further complications or pain.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There really is nothing else to say on the matter. Anyone who thinks otherwise should just keep it to themselves.

14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    13 pages on this? As if my opinion of online fandoms could get any lower. :lol 

I hope the woman ends up okay.

15. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I...uh...wow. I haven't seen a topic this depressing since the autographed ROTF DVDs for charity topic.

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    After reading through the last few comments since yesterday I gotta say.....this thread is disgusting. Morally disgusting.

I knew the fandom would sink to pretty shallow lows when it came to anything movie-related but my god......

17. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I dunno, everything looks like business as usual, people finding excuses to hate Bay, other people calling them out, etc...

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the latest on the injured person? She ok? Sad to hear.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds wrong..you are sad to hear she is ok? :O I hope (and suspect) that's not wat you mean, though!

As far as I'm aware, no news. Doubt we will hear it anyway..but if we do, it will probably take some time. Grave injuries don't just dissappear overnight :( 

20. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    This thread is disgusting. Reading what people have been posting on this thread just shows how pathetic this fandom can be sometimes. Always looking to put the blame on somebody or something.
    Right now, we should be feeling sorry for this poor girl, and her family. Not arguing over whose fault it is.