Person Seriously Injured on T3 Movie Set

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You see, this is why you're a mod! LOGIC!

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I wonder if Christopher Nolan got this sort of absolute bullshit thrown at him when that techie got killed on his set. I mean he's the director, so surely as he's in charge of everything it's his fault, right?
    Right?

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It's a shame this debate is basically boilling down to being people who just want to villainize Bay, and then the other fans who are just reacting by going: "STFU Stuff happens!"

There are some of us in the middle here who have just been questioning some of the details about a woman who apparently wasn't a stunt driver being in a dangerous stunt scene.
    Excuse us for thinking some people might need to take a little more responsibility for safety.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Sure. But there's accidents, and there's preventable accidents. There's also 'accidents', but that doesn't apply here.

Bottom line: we're not in a position to determine whether or not negligence or recklessness was involved, or to start playing the blame game.

5. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

I hope she has a speedy recovery.

About all the things about risk and blaming Bay and all that... I would like to point out that a cable under tension snapped. This is a risk for anyone who drives on public highways, goes off-roading and uses winches, has their car towed, those who work on aircraft carriers, those who work on tow-boats, anyone who works around cables/wires under stress period, etc; not just on Bay's movie set. Quick google search:

FREAK ACCIDENT /// Tow Truck Cable Snaps

canadaeast.com - N.L. tow truck driver dies when winch cable snaps, hitting him in the head | The Canadian Press - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

Tips on How to Tow Your Car Safely

Cable Snaps, Man Killed - News, Sports, Jobs - The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register

I don't know if there was negligence involved on the set, either because of poor truck maintenance or on the part of the crew overseeing the shoot (ie unsafe distance, too high of speed for the cable's endurance if the truck was moving at the time the cable snapped, whether they exceeded the line's maximum load, etc), but even perfect cables have snapped before, often with deadly results. Whatever happened in this case, it was still a freak accident and at this point, without any details of negligence, it was nobody's fault. If negligence does come out, then yes Bay will hold some responsibility for that as it did happen on his set, but those who were directly overseeing the scene for safety would be more at fault than him. The same goes for if the tow truck had faulty maintenance, and the responsibility would lie with the person who worked on it and who owns it.

In any event, accidents like this happen everywhere. The next time you get your car towed could be the next time that particular tow truck's cable snaps in a freak accident and could hurt you. That's an equal risk we ALL take when dealing with any tow/winch cable that is under tension, not just Bay, and there's only so much you can do to reduce that risk, but sometimes shit just happens and there's nothing that could have prevented it. That poor girl is lucky to be alive, and frankly, I've found some of the comments on this thread to be absolutely in poor taste. Assuming negligence JUST because it is Bay and lambasting him for it, while not knowing all of the details and also ignoring the fact that these accidents can and do happen outside the purview of Bay's movie sets (because of both negligence AND truly accidental in which there was no negligence), is absolutely ridiculous. IF negligence played a part, then Bay will hold some responsibility. If, depending on the state police's willingness to release any information at all, details are released that show negligence on the part of the crew, the owner, Bay, whoever responsible, then feel free to place blame. Until then, the blaming is just premature, and IMO, completely inappropriate without knowing all of the details of what actually occurred.

6. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later.

7. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally think it's possible to be concerned about the young lady without having to insult or blame members of the production crew without knowing what exactly happened. At this point, any reports on the cause of the accident is speculation.

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting, I hope she gets through this.

9. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, because driving a car at 35mph is pushing the envelope.

:rolleyes2 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't know why we can't do this. Why must everything be blamed on someone?

11. MachSabre

MachSabre Blackmarket T-Cog Dealer

Have you seen our fandom? We coined "Ruined forever!" so we're usually not happy if we're not complaining about something.

In this particular tragic situation, we don't know all the full details. Tragedy sucks, and sometimes they're senseless. We look around for any reason that might have caused this, because we just don't like the idea of a young life being destroyed like that by pure chance. We look for blame because it's easier to accept a tragedy like that was due someone else's activity or negligence, as opposed to just being... "Life sucks, wear a helmet." And the lack of forthcoming details make this a bit more frustrating for some. And understandably.

I personally think it is indeed just a horrible accident that no one foreseen. But I also could be wrong too. I'd say until we do know more, let's hold off at the pointing of fingers for the blame. It may or may not be justified.

12. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Extras are expendable.

Seriously though, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened on a Transformers set. We all know they use a lot of explosions, and most of the time, the actors aren't given much protection from them.

13. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Is she going to live? That's all I care about.

14. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I'm more concerned about the extent to which she can recover. Sometimes in horrific injuries, with the brain damage, the longterm pain and disfigurement involved, it can be better when they don't survive.

Will her face be 'ruined forever'?

15. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    If the reports are true, she is going to have permanent brain damage. I can't believe some of the posts on here, makes me sick. We should all start a fundraising for her and her family.

16. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd sell transformers to donate.

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Wow, I tried to help, and my thread gets locked? That's messed up.

18. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    o_O  Jesus man. Seriously! Not cool!

Read what the mod said. They are exactly right. It's a nice thought, but you really can't just get up one day and have a fund raiser. It sucks, but there you go. The studio has insurance and other funds for this sort of thing. She'll be fine.

19. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    yeah, that last bit was in appallingly bad taste. I should know better.

Maybe the fundraiser thing is a non-starter, but it might be a nice thing to do if people can find out if there's a hospital cards could be sent to.

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I pray this is a joke....