Person Seriously Injured on T3 Movie Set

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 1, 2010.

1. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Bay is the director. He is responsible for it. All of it.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the hell does Bay need to quit for??
    A cable broke
    Shit Happens
    You guys are as bad as that news reporter trying to make something out of nothing
    There was an accident
    Somebody was hurt
    lets not make this about bay

Every single person on that set is there because they want to be. If anybody was in danger they were there because they choose to be.
    Option one: the woman agreed to be in a stunt, the dangers were explained to her, she did it anyways and shit went bad, thats not bays fault
    Option two: She wasn't involved in a stunt and something when bad with a random shot, Still not bays fault.

3. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Could someone please explain to me how this is even remotely Bay's fault? Some of you are acting as though the man cut the cable himself.

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    People hate Bay, some people look for any reason to get bay out of the TF movies...some take it further than others. See a few posts up

5. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

thats a big pile of BS

6. Cyber Star

exactly

7. Cyber Star

cause its another reason for stupid people to hate Bay

8. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    THIS

It never fails on these boards that a thread gets turned to something different because someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'm sure it doesn't seem like nothing for the woman with a serious head injury.

But yeah, there are people here who are going to use this as just an excuse to pile the hate on Bay.
    That said, at the same time I'd say there are some details about this that just seem like this extra shouldn't have been in this situation to begin with. Was it Bay's fault? I donno. But it just seems like a bad decision got made somewhere here.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Man, I was hoping you were just joking, but it looks like you actually meant this.

11. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously the injury is serious and I dont dispute that. When I say it's nothing I mean there isn't a "story" here. Person was hurt on movie set. It happens, people are hurt at my store all the time and its usually just a freak accident. Nobody blames the store manager.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I find it amusing that those who think people are blaming Bay are just Bay haters. I'm not. I like the movies, always have. But I also feel that he takes too many unnecessary risks and puts too many people in harm's way to get the shot he wants. As the director, every single person on the set's safety is his responsibility. Period.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Sometimes. But also sometimes in that case a store manager can get in some serious trouble if the accident was a case of negligence of safety.

It's like a kid who gets their eye poked out because they were running with scissors. You could say it was an accident that the kid lost an eye; but that kid also shouldn't have been running with scissors in the first place.
    Or I guess in this case it's more of a kid running with scissors who tripped and poked someone else's eye out.

Exactly this.

14. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... i'm a hater for being concerned about a person who has been seriously injured am i??? wish i could see what you call logic...

Firehawc_69, yes Bay is ultimately responsible for the safety of everyone on and around the set.... but i do not believe Bay is stupid enough to hire a load of top notch stunt techs... then ignore their safety advice.

Until i see otherwise, this is just a horrible accident

15. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Sheesh, the HATE. Not even Bonecrusher has this much hate, and he hates everything!

The special effects in these movies are like crocodiles. Professional or not, you fuck with a goddamn crocodile, you ALWAYS stand a chance of losing a limb or two.

In all seriousness, shit happens, guys. You work with the special effects these guys are working with, there is no such thing as 0% chance of injury. Being professionals, they can lower the chances, but they'll never bring it down to 0%. Shit happens. Let's just hope she'll be alright.

This. They wanna step into the crocodile pit, they gonna tango with the crocodiles.

16. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the Ferrari call-backs... The Ferrari exploded?

EDIT: Huh, I was partly right. Appears it was a car stunt, but with a Toyota and a snapped metal cable.

Hope she recovers.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    There are some risks it's just not worth taking for the sake of some dumb movie. Whether undue risk was taken, or whether the incident was an unforeseeable freak occurrence remains to be shown.

I reject the idea that because it's an action movie the person knew the risks they were putting themselves in. You can make that case for a professional stuntperson, but extras should not be put in harms way.

It's also too soon to say whether negligence was involved or whether Bay contributed in any way to conditions that led to this accident. It's possible that the breakneck pace Bay likes to work at led to checks being bypassed and safety being compromised, but nothing revealed so far has indicated that to be the case.

This paragraph from the above article would seem to show they weren't being totally reckless:

- that makes it all the more unfortunate, I suppose.

Out of curiosity, what kind of store do you work at?

19. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I think its weird how many people are trying to find fault. It was an accident. Maybe it could have been avoided, maybe not, but I think trying to villainize someone just because something unfortunate happened on their watch. Even if you do all the safety lectures, check and double check, sometimes bad things happen and it sucks.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I think its weird that the people that find fault with the people who find fault with the whole incident are saying they're being labeled as "haterz". Way too much jumping to conclusions and finger pointing up in here, and its all missing the point.

Fucking hell people let me put it up in bold-
    Accidents. Happen.