PerfectFusion Caesium (Masterpiece Slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Galiss

Galiss Such heroic nonsense...

Ebay:
    Yes, no and no... :) 

2. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

That reminds me, anyone looking for a scoria-G (not you, of course, Friendross ;) ), I've got one NEW SEALED IN BOX Scoria FT-04G and I'm letting it go for $165 shipped. pm me if interested.

3. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The standard toon version is always the most popular, hence the higher price. AFAIK the toy version was pretty much always considerably cheaper and still never sells out because it's less popular. D, G and X versions are smaller run, more niche versions so the pricing on them is a little different. But toon version maintains a high price because people want it, basically. And while FT and PF are connected through dallianj, they are different companies based on what we've been told, so FT will most likely prioritise their own products over Caesium. And it's the retailers who set the price we pay. They also have no news on a Caesium release so have no need to urgently clear stock yet. Sure they'll drop their prices when Caesium release gets announced, but for now there's zero reason for them to discount.

4. Msz0065

Msz0065 Well-Known Member

If anyone wants my original first run toon Scoria, I'll let him go for $195 shipped from New York. I tightened up his hips and shoulders. He never had proper ratchets for his left leg, so now it works better as a friction joint.
    Just PM me.

5. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

I was just waiting to see if they fixed the gold color on this one.

6. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

I dont know if this was discussed or answered already, so forgive me if it has.

Since PF are producing Caseium are they planning on doing the rest of the dinos too? Or is this just to appease those that were dissatisfied with Scoria?

After doing a ton of comparisons I feel that Caseium is a bit big for my tastes (just my opinion). Not just in overall height, but as more, so of being his proportions.

He looks to be as big as the rest of the gang with the exception of Soar/Swoop. Honestly, I feel that FT have created masterpieces with all of their dibots.

My set is complete. For those that are waiting for Caseium I hope you get some good news soon!

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Originally Cesium was to be there only release, but then they just dropped Cyclonus on us....that rhymed. Cesium is actually way more toon accurate and is the proper height with the rest of the Dinobots. He should be as tall as Grimlock and Sludge, being the original 3. @dalianjj Please good sir, help us with an update. We're all eagerly awaiting this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

Thank you for the swift reply. Do you know if they (PF) plan on releasing their own versions of the rest of the Dinobots? I can see your point and I am all for toon accurate, but the alt mode just doesn't do it for me. I feel it isn't as grand looking as Scoria's and I display all of my dinos in alt mode.

Honestly, I think it looks a little cheapish and doesn't fit in well with the rest of the FT dibots, again this is just my opinion and what I want to collect. Everyone's collection is their own. I don't want to beat a dead horse here or start a big

debate about toon accuracy on a show that was notorious for having a ton of errors in scale and color all the time. The only thing consistent about the G1 cartoon was their inconsistency lol.

9. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Hell, Ill take a KO of this guy at this point.

10. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Dalianjj said they are not doing the other dinobots, only Caesium. So no, they are not planning to do the others.

He never said anything about not doing other figures, contrary to what was said above. Not to my knowledge, anyway.

I'm a bit concerned about this as well. Dalianjj confirmed that Caesium has fewer parts and less diecast than Scoria. So while I like Caesium's size and look, I'm taking a wait and see approach regarding Caesium's finish in terms of how well it fits in with the other dibots. There is a possibility that Caesium is a less premium figure. But until we have it in hand (or at least some reviewers do) we won't know for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Hi Dallianjj, will the PF 02 be instead of a Fanstoys purple space plane or just an additional choice? Any news on a release date for pf01 and will they have similar boxes to Fantoys?

12. Chaoticon

Chaoticon Well-Known Member

If they don't hurry, a ko would start surfacing

• Like Like x 1
  13. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

Beginning to think Caesium is a time traveler who went back to be re-birthed as Scoria based off of customer complaints about Caesium's non-potato profile and stable hip assembly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm concerned about this, too. Some of the photos, the materials look thinner. Wondering if any articulation differences, etc

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously. :lol 

16. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been looking through this thread. I'm a bit confused at what this is.

(1) Is Perfect Fusion just a label of FansToys?
    (2) If so, whats the difference?
    (3) If so is this basically 3P Masterpiece Slag 2.0, incorporating everything FT learned since Scoria?

I get the dinosaur mode has more G1 Toy proportions and it's more of a "fusion" of the toy and cartoon designs than Scoria. But why not just put it out in the main line?

What's causing me to ask this is because of the PF Cyclonus, which was pictured alongside FT Galvatron. If PF is FT, why not just have it be FT Cyclonus?

Sorry if this is redundant. I'm just really confused what itch this line scratches.

17. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

it scratches the itch of people who threw shade scoria's way....

18. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Because ft cyclonus is getting koed already. So its better to have it under pfs name so ft remains superior.

19. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Wait I'm confused by what you're saying. There was already a Fanstoys Cylonus? I thought there was pretty much just X-Transbots

20. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Okay fair, but is this really just "FansToys does Masterpiece Slag, again, differently, and it'll fit in with the other FT Dinobots because we learned a lot since we did Scoria"?

That's basically what I'm trying to get at.