Perfect Effects Vs. Dream Wave kits for Volcanicus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dragonflye18, May 2, 2018.

?

What do you plan on getting kit wise for Volcanicus?

1. Perfect Effects PC-21 AND PC-23

20.4%
  2. Dream Wave TCW -06

43.8%
  3. Both Dream Wave and Perfect Effects 21 AND 23

27.7%
  4. none of them

8.0%
  1. dragonflye18

dragonflye18 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    pc 23.jpg im wondering on peoples thoughts on these kits . i have all 3 kits preordered so i can mix and match to make an ultimate kit . i feel they both have great parts. I am just wondering every ones thoughts on them i want the PC-23 for the parts for grimlock mainly and PC- 21 for the feet. i want the TCW-06 for alot of the smaller parts and possibly the chest plate . what are all of your thoughts? . BOTH KITS 3.jpg both kits side by side.jpg both kits 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    No kit on the planet can help that ugly POS. Glad some ppl like it though

• Like Like x 4
  3. dragonflye18

Twitter:
    well everyone is entitled to there own opinion and i am hoping to make it look some what better . i will say that Volcanicus looks way better than the beast within
    270px-THE_BEAST.jpg 300px-BeastWithin_menasor_killed.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm leaning towards the DW kit as I like the hands and feet more and the proper swords and guns (but no gun for sludge apparently).

What I don't like is how ether kit dose the torso. I don't like all the extra crap with the DW kit that makes that jumbled looking mess and the PE kit just looks boring. I also don't like how grimlocks tail is up front on ether kit as that only works with slag and snarl and I hate how snarl looks as a leg especially with his tail split which is required for that configuration.

I think the stock torso configuration is fine as is and I just want something to fill it out that isn't the extra hands. Which I'm hoping I can maybe do with the DW kit.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  5. dragonflye18

Twitter:
    i think the best part of the DW kit is the weapons for the dinobots it gives them more g1 feel . i agree with you on snarls tail being split i think looks terrible

6. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  7. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

The DW set gives the combined more a better distributed bulk in the width of chest, and thighs. The PE set just bulks up the torso and their typical gimmick bulk feet they've released before.
    The only components I like out the set is the new extended legs for Grimlock's robot mode.

8. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I admit that I am interested in both kits, but the DW kits have 2 advantages in that they provide a set G1 style weapons to give all the Dinobots their Swords and Guns, and does not require replacing any parts on any of the figures, while the PE sets have a cooler combiner sword (which I would be content with just being able purchase solo and skipping the rest of their kits). DW also gives you a full upgrade cheaper than the 2 PE kits combined price, but PE has a better track record as far as quality goes.

I hope we get some decent review videos of the sets before pre-orders start coming in stock so that those of us on the fence can decide before shelling out $60-80 for the kits.

9. dragonflye18

Twitter:
    i hope the pre-orders start coming out soon they keep changing the dates of Estimated Arrival. The PC-21 was originally slated for March, PC-23 was slated for April, and TCW-06 for May . Now every one of my pre-orders say May . This is the 1st time i have seen a pre-order dates changed this much.

10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I prefer the Transform Dream Wave version. I like the combined appearance better and I like how it has proper individual weapons for the Dinobots. I'm not spending any more money on them though, LOL... I can barely believe I bought them in the first place, LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jellico

Jellico Active Member

TDW let's me spread more dino armour over more dinos.
    OTOH quality is a concern as is the sheer number of parts. The bots are meant to do some of the combining in a modern combiner.

I really want some reviews to happen. Hopefully TDW first as PE is mostly a known quantity.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I hope prices aren't to bad...I don't really want either kit completely...mostly want thigh & arm pieces for Grimlock rom PE...and...individual weapons from TDW...

13. dragonflye18

Twitter:
    well the prices are not to bad on the big bad toy store are PC-21 is $34.99 and PC-23 is $44.99 and the TWD-06 is $64.99 that is for those who want to know . i know my pre-ordering all 3 kits are killing my wallet but i feel that that it is worth it for the parts.

14. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

I don't care about the POTP Dinobots being absolutely g1 accurate.

So I'm going with Perfect Effect (just PC-23).

• Like Like x 1
  15. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TDW looks the best for me, definitely pre-ordering that

16. dragonflye18

Twitter:
    well the PC-23 parts look grate for grimlock . i hate the way his arms look right now . the arm and thigh parts for him make a huge difference the way he looks . it makes him look way bigger/stronger/menacing even as a stand alone figure . The combiner parts for the TWD-06 combiner parts look amazing.
    My plan is to use the feet on the PE-21 as shoulder cannons and use the TWD-06 chest plate, thigh fillers, feet,and hands . I kind of got an idea of how i want volcanicus to look.

17. dragonflye18

Twitter:
    so far its very interesting to see that the TCW-06 is more preferred than the PC-23 and 21

18. Jellico

Jellico Active Member

Objectively it is offering more.
    Chest, back, belt, hands, thighs, feet. Weapons for everyone and a sword.

PE has a chest, belt, hands, feet, sort of guns, and a sword for everyone. It also has fitting for Grimlock

The fittings for Grimlock are quite attractive. And PE is known to be reasonable quality where TDW has some poor offerings in the past.

So PE goes ahead if you really want an improved Grimlock and don't trust TDW's quality.
    Otherwise TDW looks better.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Dream Wave kit looks better to me and is cheaper than both of the Perfect Effect kits combined.

20. sunshinefaye

sunshinefaye Active Member

News Credits:
    The Transform Dream Wave version is way much better...